2 hours ago, saintsparky said:

Looks like there will be a lot of TA on these flights. 

Be able to share taxis into town at silly o'clock... 

I'll be travelling on my own on the Turkish Istanbul to Astana TK354 Tuesday arriving at 03.35 Wednesday, heading to Grand Park Esil hotel if anyone wants to cab share.

Recommend trying to organize an airport transfer with your hotel of choice for the trip, not been to Astana but in Atyrau airport if you try to get a taxi yourself from the driver's hanging about they always ask for 4 or 5 times the normal rate

My hotel in Astana have offered €15 for a airport transfer, which compared to what I have asked in other places I felt was very reasonable (and as I arrive at 3am, saves messing around when I am ready for my bed).

We're on that Tuesday flight from Heathrow too. Air Astana have really good reviews so here's hoping.

Back on the Saturday direct flight back to Heathrow - pricey at £560 return but no fannying around. The 5.40 am arrival is reminding me of the Georgia game - pointless having a hotel at that time so that called for a breakfast beer on arrival. Then another...…

6 hour time difference - gonna be weird both ways.   

18 hours ago, torontoarab said:

I'll be travelling on my own on the Turkish Istanbul to Astana TK354 Tuesday arriving at 03.35 Wednesday, heading to Grand Park Esil hotel if anyone wants to cab share.

I am on my Jack Jones on that flight and hotel as well. 

Apparently official airport taxis are 4000 local currency which is about £8.

3 of us on the following for circa £440

Edin - LHR - Prague - Moscow - Astana on Wed 20th

Astana - Moscow - Prague - Bologna on Sat 23rd

still to book Bologna back to Edinburgh but looks l8ke plenty of fairly priced options

There is a Ural Airlines flight from Moscow DME to Rimini which is the closest airport to San Marino, works out at about 130 euros per person.

Still 2 flights to get from astana to moscow DME though, all the direct flights fly in to moscow SVO and travel between DME and SVO is more hassle than its worth from what i've read.

At least its just a taxi when you land in Italy though.

2 hours ago, vaux_2 said:

There is a Ural Airlines flight from Moscow DME to Rimini which is the closest airport to San Marino, works out at about 130 euros per person.

Still 2 flights to get from astana to moscow DME though, all the direct flights fly in to moscow SVO and travel between DME and SVO is more hassle than its worth from what i've read.

At least its just a taxi when you land in Italy though.

You’d need a visa for a start