Flights - Page 3 - Kazakhstan v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights

Clyde1998

2 hours ago, saintsparky said:

Looks like there will be a lot of TA on these flights. 

Be able to share taxis into town at silly o'clock... 

I'll be travelling on my own on the Turkish Istanbul to Astana TK354 Tuesday arriving at 03.35 Wednesday, heading to Grand Park Esil hotel if anyone wants to cab share.

We're on that Tuesday flight from Heathrow too. Air Astana have really good reviews so here's hoping.

Back on the Saturday direct flight back to Heathrow - pricey at £560 return but no fannying around. The 5.40 am arrival is reminding me of the Georgia game - pointless having a hotel at that time so that called for a breakfast beer on arrival. Then another...…

6 hour time difference - gonna be weird both ways.   

18 hours ago, torontoarab said:

I'll be travelling on my own on the Turkish Istanbul to Astana TK354 Tuesday arriving at 03.35 Wednesday, heading to Grand Park Esil hotel if anyone wants to cab share.

I am on my Jack Jones on that flight and hotel as well. 

Apparently official airport taxis are 4000 local currency which is about £8.

There is a Ural Airlines flight from Moscow DME to Rimini which is the closest airport to San Marino, works out at about 130 euros per person.

Still 2 flights to get from astana to moscow DME though, all the direct flights fly in to moscow SVO and travel between DME and SVO is more hassle than its worth from what i've read.

At least its just a taxi when you land in Italy though.

2 hours ago, vaux_2 said:

There is a Ural Airlines flight from Moscow DME to Rimini which is the closest airport to San Marino, works out at about 130 euros per person.

Still 2 flights to get from astana to moscow DME though, all the direct flights fly in to moscow SVO and travel between DME and SVO is more hassle than its worth from what i've read.

At least its just a taxi when you land in Italy though.

You’d need a visa for a start 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Parsno1 said:

anyone still looking into flights for the double header? Just got the week off work so trying to do them both. Think I might be too late to get a good deal 

I there was never any particularly great deals. It really just comes down to how many times you want to change, and where to change. 

Operation amount: 288.65 Euros

BELAVIA Flight Number B2 852 
CONFIRMED Wednesday, 20 March

Departure:LGW LONDON GATWICK, UNITED KINGDOM 
10:20 
SOUTH TERMINAL

Arrival:MSQ MINSK, BELARUS 
16:15

Duration:2hour(s) and 55minute(s)

BELAVIA Flight Number B2 775 
CONFIRMED Wednesday, 20 March - 
Thursday, 21 March

Departure:MSQ MINSK, BELARUS 
20:15

Arrival:TSE ASTANA, KAZAKHSTAN 
03:15 +1 day 
TERMINAL 1 INTERNATIONA

Duration:4hour(s) and 0minute(s)

Distance (in Miles):1831

BELAVIA Flight Number B2 776 
CONFIRMED Friday, 22 March

Departure:TSE ASTANA, KAZAKHSTAN 
04:15 
TERMINAL 1 INTERNATIONAL

Arrival:MSQ MINSK, BELARUS 
05:35

Duration:4hour(s) and 20minute(s)

Distance (in Miles):1831

BELAVIA Flight Number B2 851 
CONFIRMED Friday, 22 March

Departure:MSQ MINSK, BELARUS 
09:15

Arrival:LGW LONDON GATWICK, UNITED KINGDOM 
09:25 
SOUTH TERMINAL

Please verify flight times prior to departure

Then take Saturday off, then a Sunday morning flight to Bologna

Home on Monday with 6 points in the sporran 

Edited by Jim Scobie

On 12/9/2018 at 10:56 AM, saintsparky said:

I am on my Jack Jones on that flight and hotel as well. 

Apparently official airport taxis are 4000 local currency which is about £8.

Also on that flight,looking to share taxi, in G empire hotel

Anyone still looking for flights could do worse than flying with LOT for £346 (this is £15 cheaper if you leave two days earlier):

20.3.19 LHR 18:15 - 21:55 WAW

20.3.19 WAW 22:50 - 08:50 (+1) TSE

23.3.19 TSE 13:55 - 14:20 WAW

(23.3.19 WAW 15:30 - 17:20 LHR)

Obviously you need to add on about £50 for the flight from Glasgow/Edinburgh down to Heathrow. It is possibly a bit risky with the connection in Warsaw and the fact you only land on the morning of the match, 12 hours before kick off, but it is still an option. They should hold the flight to Astana if the Heathrow-Warsaw flight is late, especially as there may well be a few on it. Astana is cheap enough so if you have the leave, there's no harm in going two days earlier.

If you want to go on to San Marino, just don't get the last flight from Warsaw to Heathrow (this only works if you just have hand baggage as your checked in luggage will be checked through to Heathrow). Ignore that flight, and then get this Wizzair flight from Warsaw to Milan Bergamo (currently only £20):

23.3.19 WAW 17:55 - 20:00 BGY

It's cheap and easy to get from Bergamo down to Rimini (about €30) the following day, albeit you only get to Rimini about 2pm, which is close enough for a 6pm kick off. Still, it's not a bad route at this stage.

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/2/2018 at 9:15 PM, euan2020 said:

depends where the game is - KLM certainly used to fly to Kazkhstan - well not now 

https://www.klm.com/travel/kz_en/campaigns/klm_flights_stop.htm

Airr Astana is the national airline owned by the presidents daughter, although they certainly sed to be pricey

I seen one flight quoted going via Minsk n skyscanner 

code share flights available through Paris

Not owned by the Presidents daughter at all...half owned by British Aerospace and a KZH Gov Wealth Fund, voted best airline in Central Asia 7 years in a row...

On 12/3/2018 at 10:26 AM, Brummie Hibs said:

Was going to get the Aeroflot flight, but quite frankly I sh@t myself. I'm a bad enough flyer, let alone knowing I'm on an Aeroflot plane. Saying that, I doubt Air Astana is any better (which I have booked)

Air Astana £554
Heathrow to Astana 19 Mar 17:15 - 05:45 ( 20 Mar) [Non-Stop]

Astana to Bologna (via Frankfurt) 22 Mar 16:10 - 21:55

More expensive than some other flights, but less time fannying about and decent times.

Planning to spend a week in Italy, so no rush to book flights back to UK.

If game is Almaty, then meh.....there is a high speed train and cheap plane tickets between the two cities.

AIR ASTANA BEST AIRLINE CENTRAL ASIA 7 YEARS INA ROW, CHECK OUT SKYTRAX AND SEE THE FEEDBACK, YOU ARE WRONG i AM AFRAID..