Flights - Page 2 - Kazakhstan v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights

Clyde1998

Even if you are only changing flights in Moscow, do you need any kind of paperwork? A transit visa?

P.S. slightly related; I flew to the Israel match via Kiev...

I thought me and my luggage had been booked all the way through to Tel Aviv, but at check-in in London, Ukraine International Airlines instructed me otherwise; instructed me to collect my bags at Kiev and to go through arrivals and then go and check-in for my second flight...

Now... if such an unexpected occurrence happened in Moscow, I'd be in the shit, wouldn't I?

From Aeroflots website..

Holders of an onward ticket have the right to visa-free transit for up to 24 hours.

• Transit without visa does not apply to travellers to/from Belarus.
  • Transit without visa does not extend to passengers travelling to airports in the Crimean Peninsula. They are subject to immigration and customs inspection.

Warning:

• Passengers not holding a return/onward ticket may be denied entry. Nationals of Azerbaijan, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, the Russian Federation, Tajikistan, Ukraine and Uzbekistan are exempt from this.
  • Holders of valid visas are exempt.

19 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I know the story about that. How long ago was that now? Ten years?

18 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Can't be far off actually.

It was the 2012 Wales and Belgium double heider. There was a spread in one of the papers a few years back about it and how people were being refunded at £3.50 a week

Tuesday 18th, BA Gla - Heathrow. Wednesday 19th, Heathrow to Astana with Turkish, change at Istanbul and return same way Saturday 23rd. Heathrow to Bologna with BA. Monday 25th Venice Treviso to Edinburgh. £620 plus train Bologna to Rimini and Rimini to Treviso. Looking forward to double header.

I  went in October with Lot by a Warsaw. Very good and smooth connection.

Air Astana is 49% owned by BAE systems (I was on a course with two staff from AA) and has all modern  aircraft.

If game ends up in Almaty there are a few flights a day from Astana. 

FLIGHT 1 Toronto Pearson (YYZ) - Astana (TSE) Mon Mar 18, 2019

Turkish Airlines TK18 

FLIGHT 2 Astana (TSE)       Bologna (BLQ) Sat Mar 23, 2019

Turkish Airlines TK355

FLIGHT 3  Bologna (BLQ)       Toronto Pearson (YYZ)           Mon Mar 25, 2019

Austrian Airlines OS536

crap flight times but heyho cheap

On 12/3/2018 at 7:33 PM, saintsparky said:

Fly out from LGW on Tuesday morning

Back to LHR on Saturday morning

Day in front of you ,out from Gatwick Monday Return to Heathrow Saturday morning then flight from Gatwick to Bologna same afternoon return Monday afternoon.Turkish airlines and Easyjet.

We’re flying

Glasgow to amsterdam 19th

amsterdam-Minsk-Astana 20th

astana-Kiev 22nd

kiev-Bologna 23rd

bologna-Gatwick-edin 26th 

all good flight times i cant be arsed saving a fiver here n there by getting up at 3am to catch a flight anymore