Flights - Kazakhstan v Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Flights

Clyde1998

What are people looking at in regards to flights to Kazakhstan (I'm not 100% sure if I'll go, but I'm looking at the moment).

Based on what I can see there's at least one stop in a third country for each airline:

• Aeroflot-Russian Airlines - Sheremetyevo International Airport, near Moscow
  • LOT-Polish Airlines - Warsaw Chopin Airport
  • Turkish Airlines - Istanbul Ataturk Airport
  • Lufthansa - Frankfurt Airport

Aeroflot are the cheapest from what I can see, but I've never heard of the airline.

14 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

What are people looking at in regards to flights to Kazakhstan (I'm not 100% sure if I'll go, but I'm looking at the moment).

Based on what I can see there's at least one stop in a third country for each airline:

• Aeroflot-Russian Airlines - Sheremetyevo International Airport, near Moscow
  • LOT-Polish Airlines - Warsaw Chopin Airport
  • Turkish Airlines - Istanbul Ataturk Airport
  • Lufthansa - Frankfurt Airport

Aeroflot are the cheapest from what I can see, but I've never heard of the airline.

Really?  :mellow:

Aeroflot_ANT-20bis.jpg

depends where the game is - KLM certainly used to fly to Kazkhstan - well not now 

https://www.klm.com/travel/kz_en/campaigns/klm_flights_stop.htm

Airr Astana is the national airline owned by the presidents daughter, although they certainly sed to be pricey

I seen one flight quoted going via Minsk n skyscanner 

code share flights available through Paris

26 minutes ago, euan2020 said:

depends where the game is - KLM certainly used to fly to Kazkhstan - well not now 

https://www.klm.com/travel/kz_en/campaigns/klm_flights_stop.htm

Airr Astana is the national airline owned by the presidents daughter, although they certainly sed to be pricey

I seen one flight quoted going via Minsk n skyscanner 

code share flights available through Paris

Air Astana do direct flights from Heathrow to Astana, but as you say they are pricey compared to other options - cheapest on their website is £520 from what I can see.

Is the flight via Minsk with Belavia?

Edited by Clyde1998

35 minutes ago, tattiescone69 said:

Going to be damn tricky doing the double header with San Marino away only 3 days after 🤨

bin San Marino - nothing to see there - we stayed in Rimini in 2000 - better off getting moneys worth out of paying to go to Kazakhstan 

Aeroflot are a good bet for people travelling from Scotland, flights via London then Moscow are roughly 600 quid, going through Moscow Sheremetyevo airport is easy enough and if you travel all the way with Aeroflot you wouldnt need to pick up your bags to re-check in so no visa required 

Air Astana are a decent airline, if you are not bothered about going to the San Marino game you can get flights quite cheap at the moment, as an example on Sky Scanner just now, flights going Glasgow - London - Astana with BA & Air Astana on the 19th of March and returning on Saturday the 23rd are coming in around 480 quid

Anyone thinking of doing the double header against Kazakhstan and San Marino, try a multi-stop option flight with Aeroflot, as an example flights on Sky Scanner from Glasgow - London - Moscow - Astana departing on the 19th of March then Astana - Moscow - Venice on Saturday the 23rd currently comes in around 560 quid

Getting back to Scotland from Italy could get an Easy Jet or BA for less than 100 quid

Double header booked up!

Weds 20th

Edinburgh to Gatwick - Easyjet

Gatwick to Astana via Minsk - Belavia

Sat 23rd

Astana to Paris CDG via Minsk - Belavia

Paris CDG to Bologna - Air France

Monday 25th

Bologna to Edinburgh via Gatwick - BA

£600 all in with only 4 days off work, not too bad!

Edited by jackhayes17

Was going to get the Aeroflot flight, but quite frankly I sh@t myself. I'm a bad enough flyer, let alone knowing I'm on an Aeroflot plane. Saying that, I doubt Air Astana is any better (which I have booked)

Air Astana £554
Heathrow to Astana 19 Mar 17:15 - 05:45 ( 20 Mar) [Non-Stop]

Astana to Bologna (via Frankfurt) 22 Mar 16:10 - 21:55

More expensive than some other flights, but less time fannying about and decent times.

Planning to spend a week in Italy, so no rush to book flights back to UK.

If game is Almaty, then meh.....there is a high speed train and cheap plane tickets between the two cities.

Booked as far as Kyiv, then wait for venue to be announced (99% sure it will be Astana, but its a costly gamble to make), with double header I am binning San Marino as done it in 2000, and will be missing the Russia game, so doing this one.

7 hours ago, saintsparky said:

Heathrow to Astana via Istanbul on Turkish - £350 return

Then Heathrow to Bologna on BA for £94 return

Bargain!!!

Which days? I’m Gatwick but if your onward flight from Istanbul is half 7pm on the Monday night I’m on that.

Edited by Ormond

Just booked, £519 each 😓

• Sunday Edinburgh - Rome (Ryanair)
  • Sunday Rome - Moscow (Aeroflot)
  • Monday Moscow - Astana (Aeroflot)
  • Friday Astana - Moscow (Aeroflot)
  • Friday Moscow - Bologna (Aeroflot)
  • Monday Treviso - Edinburgh (Ryanair)