League cup final thread - Page 8 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup final thread

Just a clash of heads.

Although if you arrive late with your feet it’s a foul, yet with your head it’s generally ok. One of the weird inconsistencies in football.

Don’t know I’ve ever seen a penalty given for a clash of heads?

2 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Just a clash of heads.

Although if you arrive late with your feet it’s a foul, yet with your head it’s generally ok. One of the weird inconsistencies in football.

Don’t know I’ve ever seen a penalty given for a clash of heads?

Aye we got done wi that last time we played them, maybe get a 2 game retrospective ban 😂😂😂

6 minutes ago, RDFH64 said:

Headed GMS and nowhere near the ball so that should have been a penalty, would have given it at the other end 🤬

That’s absolute nonsense. As much a penalty as the one that was awarded. Away and have a word with yourself. Your straw clutching is as hilarious as Del’s negative tactics and woeful big game record.

1. McInnes gets to the big games.

2. His last three Finals have been against a team with more than 6 times AFC's wages.

3. His last three games v Celtic have all been 1-0 results (and Celtic even lost one of those at home).

4. Celtic and Sevco fans think that because they support a big team that they automatically know about football. They don't.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Just seen the GMS incident. If that's not a penalty, then i don't know what is any more. The ball is pretty much in Bain's hands when Boyata clatters GMS. 

Dallas says no pen for that but an accidental handball outside the box IS a penalty. 
Farcical. 

I don’t think that was a penalty

But it did seem that another Aberdeen player was having his shirt pulled in the box at the time the head clash happened (at least I think it was during that incident, memory not great!) and probably should’ve been a penalty.

Overall I think Celtic edged it and we’re worth the win but Aberdeen will feel unlucky and believe that they could’ve won it too. Sign of a good game in my book.

We needed a similar performance as the one we got in the semi v Sevco (and in truth that's what we were probably going for).

The unfortunate head-clash disrupted that.

Were we able to get to HT with 0-0 then we'd have been looking for that one second half breakthrough to get the result.

Proud of our effort. 

Just wish we could have threatened more.

49 minutes ago, Scotty CTA said:

1. McInnes gets to the big games.

2. His last three Finals have been against a team with more than 6 times AFC's wages.

3. His last three games v Celtic have all been 1-0 results (and Celtic even lost one of those at home).

4. Celtic and Sevco fans think that because they support a big team that they automatically know about football. They don't.

You're not exactly struggling but this might make it easier for you to get Rangers in to threads that have nothing to do with them!! shoe-horn-vertical_1024x1024.jpg?v=15083

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

That’s absolute nonsense. As much a penalty as the one that was awarded. Away and have a word with yourself. Your straw clutching is as hilarious as Del’s negative tactics and woeful big game record.

Ah well you’re the expert on nonsense, you post it all the time👆

3 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Never a penalty in a million years.

Can't believe folk think it is.

One man heads the ball. The other arrives late and heads the man who's played the ball. Why is being late to an aerial challenge different to being late to one on the ground? 

It's a fucking stonewaller :lol: 

11 minutes ago, Parklife said:

One man heads the ball. The other arrives late and heads the man who's played the ball. Why is being late to an aerial challenge different to being late to one on the ground? 

It’s a valid argument.

You never get penalties for that though.

Exact opposite of handball, the majority shouldn’t be given but are.

32 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's an accidental clash of heads, if you think Boyata hasn't gone for the ball then you've had a bang on the head too!

13 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

It's an accidental clash of heads, if you think Boyata hasn't gone for the ball then you've had a bang on the head too!

I agree with you.... but....

The point parklife is making; I think, is that if you go for the ball with your leg, arrive late and catch the player it’s a foul, so why’s it different with your head?

22 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

He's went for the ball, not got the ball and got the man. 

Boyata's intention is utterly irrelevant. It's a foul. 

It's not a clash of heads. It's GMS heading the ball and then being headed by Boyata. 

Edited by Parklife

53 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Arfield went for the ball on Sunday but caught the guy late and rightly got sent off.  I can see Parkie's side of the argument here.

Guest faircity
3 hours ago, macy37 said:

I'll bite. Why is it nonsense? He goes to win the ball, arrives late, gets nowhere near the ball and cleans out the opponent. 

Try not to be smarmy or snidey, tricky I know, but why is it not a penalty? 

2 hours ago, Parklife said:

You would be a good lawyer. You have a point. Clashes of heads are treated differently though. Plus it happened almost instenstaniosly, instancestaniousl at almost the same time.

Just watched highlights. Refereeing was a joke. 

We lacked creativity. Some of that and Celtic were there for the taking. 

Poorest game I’ve seen Shinnie have in red for a long time.

Lustig is a classless coward. Brown is classless but he’s at least a decent player so I can take it from him. 

Shame that we will lose Lowe in Jan and potentially McKenna. Both excellent players.