League cup final thread - Page 7 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup final thread

You're going down the wrong path, Ramy.

Read it again...

2 hours ago, macy37 said:

Way too easy today. Always felt we had gears to move into. Shame about the Sheep fans trying to compete with the Huns for the most putrid fans in Scotland crown. 

Being nasty in victory isn't cool.

('Fan'... Not fans.)

Thought we played okay. Matched Celtic in the first half, then lost concentration for a split second and went in 1-0 down. 

To win that game we needed a bit luck but got none. That penalty award, GMS having to go off, that ball hitting the bar rather than looping in, even the ball falling right back to Christie after his first effort was saved. 

What was again made clear is how poorly McInnes' recruitment has been. Neither Gleeson or Forrester made the field, while James Wilson is just pathetic. We've very little quality in the final third without GMS. 

A frustrating day.

8 hours ago, macy37 said:

Is there any issue to the factual content of my post? No, didn’t think so.

Off you fuck now.

You lot certainly can't take a moral highground. 

Bigger and bigger section of your support happier to sing about IRA or orange bastards than actually support the team. 

A club open to all as long as you fit in with Celtic fans ideals. 

7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Does that mean Aberdeen fans can boo Scott Sinclair now?

Kidding aside, we’d all be quick enough to criticise if it was Rangers or Celtic.

These big games do bring some right knuckledraggers out the woodwork.

What happened?

I won't take anything Macy says seriously but did an Aberdeen fan or aberdeen fans abuse Sinclair? 

5 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t want to play Celtic at Hampden again, would rather take them in the 5th round at fir park or see them lose at tynecastle or rugby park. Think it’s the best chance of someone else winning something.

A fair official would also be nice when playing either side of OF

1 minute ago, vanderark14 said:

What happened?

I won't take anything Macy says seriously but did an Aberdeen fan or aberdeen fans abuse Sinclair? 

Just what I’ve picked up here, there’s a video of Scott Sinclair getting racist abuse from an Aberdeen fan and an Aberdeen fan on the pitch.

Celtic at Fir Park with Steven McLean maybe stand half a chance.

in reality we’d get Thomson or Collum and a red card guaranteed.

16 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Does that mean Aberdeen fans can boo Scott Sinclair now?

Kidding aside, we’d all be quick enough to criticise if it was Rangers or Celtic.

These big games do bring some right knuckledraggers out the woodwork.

There nae proper fans, we’ve got players the same colour as Sinclair ffs, used it before we another tube, utter wankers.

55 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What happened?

There’s a video doing the rounds when Sinclair took the pen, some moron shouted “miss you black bastard” utterly scummy behaviour. 

Hearing that the bus that was carrying the folk that made up the display was broken into over the weekend and their flag was thrown onto the pitch at the end of the game. 

Not whatabouttery at all, but certainly cretin like behaviour from Celtic fans. 

7 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Was I steaming (I mean, I was..), or did I see folk chucking a flair back and forth between the two sets of fans near the end?

Didn’t see that, but there was certainly flares thrown at police from the Aberdeen end when the clown was being lifted. Disgusting behaviour. 

29 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

They were there for the taking yesterday.

That Cosgrove is a fucking diddy

I'm not debating that, we could have win that game but that doesn't excuse the behaviour of the referees when Celtic and rangers play. 

1 minute ago, dandydunn said:

Didn’t see that, but there was certainly flares thrown at police from the Aberdeen end when the clown was being lifted. Disgusting behaviour. 

I'm only presuming that is what happened as it was a red flair and it was coming from the Celtic end. Maybe some daft fella came with the wrong colour:lol:

2 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

I'm only presuming that is what happened as it was a red flair and it was coming from the Celtic end. Maybe some daft fella came with the wrong colour:lol:

Also very possible, there was a purple one that was thrown at the semi, I’ve no idea if it came from Aberdeen or rangers 😂

Just seen the GMS incident. If that's not a penalty, then i don't know what is any more. The ball is pretty much in Bain's hands when Boyata clatters GMS. 

Dallas says no pen for that but an accidental handball outside the box IS a penalty. 
Farcical. 

2 minutes ago, Parklife said:

Just seen the GMS incident. If that's not a penalty, then i don't know what is any more. The ball is pretty much in Bain's hands when Boyata clatters GMS. 

Dallas says no pen for that but an accidental handball outside the box IS a penalty. 
Farcical. 

Got a link?

Not seen it either.

5 hours ago, Parklife said:

Thought we played okay. Matched Celtic in the first half, then lost concentration for a split second and went in 1-0 down. 

To win that game we needed a bit luck but got none. That penalty award, GMS having to go off, that ball hitting the bar rather than looping in, even the ball falling right back to Christie after his first effort was saved. 

What was again made clear is how poorly McInnes' recruitment has been. Neither Gleeson or Forrester made the field, while James Wilson is just pathetic. We've very little quality in the final third without GMS. 

A frustrating day.

Can't argue with any of that.

Max Lowe played very well, he had Forrest in his pocket the whole match. 

The difference in talent and concentration showed at the goal, Christie is in blistering form and he was ready for the loose ball, McKenna and shinnie watched as Logan tried to stop Christie.

I'd be happy yo see James Wilson fuck off to somewhere Leyton orient in January. We need a forward and need one quickly. 

I'd also like to see mcginn dropped. He was anonymous 

Two good summaries...

6 hours ago, Parklife said:

A frustrating day.

3 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

You lot certainly can't take a moral highground. 

Bigger and bigger section of your support happier to sing about IRA or orange bastards than actually support the team. 

A club open to all as long as you fit in with Celtic fans ideals.