League cup final thread - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

League cup final thread

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Those were the days.

We used to go to Parkhead regularly and saw quite a few good results in the early 90s.

Remember as a youngster St Mirren took 10 points out of 12 against Celtic (including 2 wins at Parkhead ) it should have been 12/12 but we let a 3-1 lead slip at Love Street with only 10 minutes to go.

Celtic were champions at the time as well, that sort of thing is now unthinkable. 

Edited by Jersey Jim

27 minutes ago, Haggis_trap said:

Dons can win - but will need to be jammy.
Defense is generally tight.

Problem is up front.
James Wilson is a powder puff.
Stevie May gets stuck in, but hardly prolific.
Not even sure Sam Cosgrove is a footballer....

You spelt fucking useless wage thief wrong. 

I’m happy to correct you 👍🏽

1 hour ago, Jersey Jim said:

Remember as a youngster St Mirren took 10 points out of 12 against Celtic (including 2 wins at Parkhead ) it should have been 12/12 but we let a 3-1 lead slip at Love Street with only 10 minutes to go.

Celtic were champions at the time as well, that sort of thing is now unthinkable. 

I remember that season and those games well Jimmy. 77/78 season. Brilliant. 

However, not to pish on your chips, Celtic May have been reigning champions, but they finished 6th that season! 🤣

25 minutes ago, Marky said:

I remember that season and those games well Jimmy. 77/78 season. Brilliant. 

However, not to pish on your chips, Celtic May have been reigning champions, but they finished 6th that season! 🤣

I think you’ll find I said Celtic were champions at the time, meaning they were champions when played those 4 games.

so I’m factually correct 😎

21 minutes ago, Jersey Jim said:

I think you’ll find I said Celtic were champions at the time, meaning they were champions when played those 4 games.

so I’m factually correct 😎

I didnae say you weren’t. On the contrary I said you were correct that they were champions. 

Leicester City were EPL champions a couple of seasons ago. They were feckin pish the following season tho. 

Surely the measure of a team is what they are this season, not last season. 

12 hours ago, dandydunn said:

You spelt fucking useless wage thief wrong. 

I’m happy to correct you 👍🏽

I'd be happy if McInnes sent him back to man utd now and we start giving Anderson more game time. I'd go as far as starting Anderson on Sunday with May in behind him. MCginn is another wage thief right now, he needs to get his act together but we know that won;t be against celtic

Edited by vanderark14

2 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

Every time we have a keeper with the initials JL and get the the final without conceding a goal - we win. 

I hate having had a few drams and letting optimism creep in. 

The gin is starting to kick in here too, think the 2014 final will be going on soon 😂

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Just watching highlights of some old league cup finals before bed. Who was the African woman who handed the league cup to the St.Mirren players when they beat Hearts??

Winnie Mandela?