Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Scotland's two most successful clubs (in existence) meet once again in a Hampden final.

Hopefully it's as exciting as the recent Scottish cup final was between the two. As far as I know both clubs have sold out their allocations so has the potential to be a right good advert for Scottish football.

Celtic with the chance to equal the Scottish record of 7 trophies in a row but with the game coming just 3 days after our trip to Norway then it may not be so straight forward as the last league cup final v Aberdeen

Prediction 3-1 with goals from Rogic, Edouard and Forrest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When was the last time there was a cup final that didn’t involve 2 from Motherwell, Celtic and Aberdeen?

:lol:

Like all the neutrals likely will be, I’m hoping for an Aberdeen win, but expecting a Celtic win.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, sbcmfc said:

When was the last time there was a cup final that didn’t involve 2 from Motherwell, Celtic and Aberdeen?

:lol:

Like all the neutrals likely will be, I’m hoping for an Aberdeen win, but expecting a Celtic win.

That's an easy one, Hibs v Rangers. Can't remember the score mind you, will have to check youtube for highlights :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

That's an easy one, Hibs v Rangers. Can't remember the score mind you, will have to check youtube for highlights :)

I’d suggest you post them up, but wouldn’t want to goad anyone.

😛

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’d suggest you post them up, but wouldn’t want to goad anyone.

😛

You mean like this linesman did to the gentleman in the orange showing remarkable restraint? 

Actually had to check twice as I thought he was @Ormond at first, complete with Chicago cubs cap 😁

AMkeVZW.jpg

Edited by Scotland Ever More
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You mean like this linesman did to the gentleman in the orange showing remarkable restraint? 

Actually had to check twice as I thought he was @Ormond at first, complete with Chicago cubs cap 😁

AMkeVZW.jpg

Taken the thread of on a tangent (it’s all about the Rangers), but I thought I saw someone, but camera cut away.

Who will they blame for that?

I see the cyberhuns are angry that Aberdeen police have released a photo of a guy who threw a glass bottle into the Aberdeen fans at Pittodrie.

:shocked:

Aberdeen grasses

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Scotland's two most successful clubs (in existence) meet once again in a Hampden final.

Hopefully it's as exciting as the recent Scottish cup final was between the two. As far as I know both clubs have sold out their allocations so has the potential to be a right good advert for Scottish football.

Celtic with the chance to equal the Scottish record of 7 trophies in a row but with the game coming just 3 days after our trip to Norway then it may not be so straight forward as the last league cup final v Aberdeen

Prediction 3-1 with goals from Rogic, Edouard and Forrest.

Take everything as it comes and nothing for granted, that's the way. For all I cannot see us losing, the fear is always we just have 'one of those days.'

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, slasher said:

Take everything as it comes and nothing for granted, that's the way. For all I cannot see us losing, the fear is always we just have 'one of those days.'

Indeed. My first cup final was a defeat to Raith Rovers, I never take anything for granted. 

There's always that niggling feeling that Aberdeen are due a win against us at some point. Hopefully it will be a dead rubber match in May rather than this week though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Indeed. My first cup final was a defeat to Raith Rovers, I never take anything for granted. 

There's always that niggling feeling that Aberdeen are due a win against us at some point. Hopefully it will be a dead rubber match in May rather than this week though

To be fair, that was an incredible Raith team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

You mean like this linesman did to the gentleman in the orange showing remarkable restraint? 

Actually had to check twice as I thought he was @Ormond at first, complete with Chicago cubs cap 😁

AMkeVZW.jpg

I’ll give you the cap but an orange fucking jersey? Nae chance. 😋

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I went up for the semi and was still on a high waiting at Kings park planning my trip up for the final, when the realisation hit me that Id booked a weekend away with the Mrs on the 1st and 2nd of December.......schoolboy error.  

Im sure it will be on in the pub in deepest Gloucestershire up against the Merseyside amd North London derbies. 

Its time for a Paul Mason moment and stop the rot of losing cup finals to the Old firm at 2. 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm enjoying our very low key, no drama, "we might not lose", attitude to the build for Sunday.

To win, it will take Celtic having a very bad day and us playing out of our skin.  The probability of that happening is obviously not particularly favourable.......

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SMcoolJ said:

I'm enjoying our very low key, no drama, "we might not lose", attitude to the build for Sunday.

To win, it will take Celtic having a very bad day and us playing out of our skin.  The probability of that happening is obviously not particularly favourable.......

 

Image result for kilmarnock 1 celtic 0 league cup final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Hopefully it's as exciting as the recent Scottish cup final was between the two.

I'd rather get humped than lose like that again. 😭

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Indeed. My first cup final was a defeat to Raith Rovers, I never take anything for granted. 

 

Was there that day. Ended up having an amazing night in Baird's with the great Bertie Auld lifting everyone's chins off the floor.

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'd rather get humped than lose like that again. 😭

Must have been gutting. Aberdeen played exceptionally well for about 70 minutes that day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, slasher said:

Was there that day. Ended up having an amazing night in Baird's with the great Bertie Auld lifting everyone's chins off the floor.

 

I was only 9 so probably didn't appreciate what had actually happened and what an achievement it was for Raith but remember the bus being like a morgue on the way home. It was during one of the worst periods in Celtic history and the only double trebles back then were being drank after regular defeats in the pubs of the Gallowgate to drown sorrows.

Makes potential achievements like Sunday all the sweeter though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

I was only 9 so probably didn't appreciate what had actually happened and what an achievement it was for Raith but remember the bus being like a morgue on the way home. It was during one of the worst periods in Celtic history and the only double trebles back then were being drank after regular defeats in the pubs of the Gallowgate to drown sorrows.

Makes potential achievements like Sunday all the sweeter though.

Those were the days.

We used to go to Parkhead regularly and saw quite a few good results in the early 90s.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

Those were the days.

We used to go to Parkhead regularly and saw quite a few good results in the early 90s.

My first memory of Motherwell at Celtic park was them winning 1-0. I think it may have been the first game after Fergus won control of the club. Was a much bigger crowd than usual. Pretty sure the goal was a bit of a blooper by the keeper, parried it right back into the 6 yard box for the Well player to tap in.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Had a feeling all week of, meh, it’s just another final, but now the nerves and excitement are starting to kick in again. 

Hooefully the bairn sees his team lift a trophy for the 1st time, he’s already seen 2 final defeats. 

Coming home from the semi, he declared that he almost cried when we won as it was the happiest he’s ever been at a football game, he’ll probably take me with him if it gets bettered this weekend :lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×