Scottish Cup - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Cup

Full draw:

• Cowdenbeath (4) v Rangers (1)
  • East Fife (3) v Morton (2)/Peterhead (4)
  • Auchinleck Talbot (J) v Ayr (2)
  • St Mirren (1) v Alloa (2)
  • Edinburgh (4)/Inverness (2) v East Kilbride (5)
  • Hibernian (1) v Elgin (4)
  • Celtic (1) v Airdrie (3)
  • Hearts (1) v Livingston (1)
  • Aberdeen (1) v Stenhousemuir (3)
  • St Johnstone (1) v Hamilton (1)
  • Dundee (1) v Queen of the South (2)
  • Motherwell (1) v Ross Co (2)
  • Raith (3) v Dunfermline (2)
  • Montrose (3)/Annan (4) v Dundee Utd (2)
  • Kilmarnock (1) v Forfar (3)
  • Partick (2) v Stranraer (3)
Edited by Clyde1998

4 minutes ago, Clyde1998 said:

I'd have to go with that. Auchinleck Talbot against Ayr is quite interesting, as an Ayrshire derby too.

Otherwise not much stands out to me.

Yes interesting tie wonder if auchinleck will opp to play at home or maybe move the game to rugby park 

4 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Nah, Talbot vs Ayr is.....by some distance.

As an Ayrshire man I obviously see why you’d think that. I think the Kirkcaldy game just shades it. Two great cup ties none the less.

Edited by Ormond

46 minutes ago, Ormond said:

As an Ayrshire man I obviously see why you’d think that. I think the Kirkcaldy game just shades it. Two great cup ties none the less.

I'd love to see both of them televised, both will sell out with no problems and it would be great to show two other local rivalries. 

The Donald Findlay sash bash will be the first pick for sky, I actually don;t mind that as its a minnow v a giant club but I really hope Celtic v Airdrie is picked

10 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers get a home draw.  Greet like a wean. Expose it for what it is.  rumour.gif

10 hours ago, Fairbairn said:

Rangers get an away draw.  Greet like a wean.

dontknow.gif

Nope.

You're the only one to mention it.

Sevco away to Cowdenbeath in the last 32 ;)  is just for the gullible deniers to go "SEE... SEE... "

I'll let you know when you get a significant fixed draw (as opposed to your regular fixed draws).

2 hours ago, Clyde1998 said:

Reading on Wikipedia, it sounds like there's four games a round on TV - two on BBC, two on Premier Sports. Don't know who has first dibs, but it increases the chances of Auchinleck getting a national showing.

I’m guessing premier sports will get 1st dibs and take the OF games?

Lets be honest, who’s paying a subscription to get Motherwell v Ross County?

8 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

Sevco away to Cowdenbeath in the last 32 ;)  is just for the gullible deniers to go "SEE... SEE... "

I'll let you know when you get a significant fixed draw (as opposed to your regular fixed draws).

Oh come on. You don’t actually believe that do you? I mean, no grown man of sensible and rational thought can really believe that, can they?

Are you trying to tell me that every time Rangers have had a cup draw that you don’t agree with that it’s part of some huge over arching conspiracy?

Now you come to mention it, I do recall seeing some grainy footage of someone who looked a lot like Dave King entering the Texas Book Depository. And if I’m not mistaken Walter Smith took McCartney’s place in The Beatles!

36 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I’m guessing premier sports will get 1st dibs and take the OF games?

Lets be honest, who’s paying a subscription to get Motherwell v Ross County?

If it's anything like the old deal they used to take turns. Sky used to get first pick then Bbc picked their game then sky picked their other game

35 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Oh come on. You don’t actually believe that do you? I mean, no grown man of sensible and rational thought can really believe that, can they?

Are you trying to tell me that every time Rangers have had a cup draw that you don’t agree with that it’s part of some huge over arching conspiracy?

Now you come to mention it, I do recall seeing some grainy footage of someone who looked a lot like Dave King entering the Texas Book Depository. And if I’m not mistaken Walter Smith took McCartney’s place in The Beatles!

He believes in a flat earth and in supreme beings so a little fixed football draw is small fry. 

When it comes to conspiracy theories he's a black belt and then some. 🥋