Iron Horse - Page 3 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

44 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Iron Horse. That's where I met the Famous Tartan Army. Loved the atmosphere. 2 rolls@sausage, 10 pints, pyshed, then off to Hampden. 😃 Actually met the late dotcomnorrie there. Good memories for me. My local when I am home is the Smiddy Bar in Partick. Love that boozer. 

How in the name of Christ do you manage to understand Scottish accents in pubs like that? I’d imagine for a right big Canadian like yourself it’s a challenge. 

49 minutes ago, bonzo said:

Was it called the Argyle ?

It was indeed the argyle. Thankfully gone. Have been in the spirit a couple if times. And didn't mind it. Knew what I was getting when I looked at the place. Cheap and racing was on next door to a bookies. 

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

We have to see pictures of him to judge that. I have an image of him in my napper of a lumberjack type Canadian with a big dark beard. 

You can all view my profile on Facebook. Raymond Love. I am in a Celtic tap as my profile pic.. I have nothin tae hide ya nosey bunch ah bastards. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

12 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

You can all view my profile on Facebook. Raymond Love. I am in a Celtic tap as my profile pic.. I have nothin tae hide ya nosey bunch ah bastards. 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Jesus, I shouldnae hae looked. Whit happened tae yer pus? Has it always been like that?

9 minutes ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Smartarse.🤣. I know, ma wife hates the pic. She said I look like a nutter. 😉

You don’t look very tough. I showed it to my Wife and She asked who the sappy looking guy was. I expected you to look as hard as fuck.

Edited by Ormond

15 hours ago, bonzo said:

Was it called the Argyle ?

Aye!

16 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Iron Horse. That's where I met the Famous Tartan Army. Loved the atmosphere. 2 rolls@sausage, 10 pints, pyshed, then off to Hampden. 😃 Actually met the late dotcomnorrie there. Good memories for me. My local when I am home is the Smiddy Bar in Partick. Love that boozer. 

Smiddy is a decent wee pub, plenty of decent boozers in Partick.