Albania - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania

1ANDYP

Have to say ,we had an absolute ball in tirana. Was in athens Thurs then tirana till Monday. And loved every minute .Was pleasantly surprised by tirana.nice place.plenty of pubs and restaurants and nice people. Would like to get them again in future draws.

Getting there easy,  getting home a pain....Tirana brilliant, bookie / bars everywhere ( surprise )...Never felt unsafe at anytime...The Duff Bar for getting us inside and staying open all night on the Thursday, owner was rewarded Friday by being stowed out all day / night....The wee random down stairs nightclub found at 3am, where the bouncers asked if we had any guns...And when we went in, welcomed like returning heroes, only Scotland fans in the place  .. Once in,  a corridor lined with a bar, huge measures..No rip off prices, bonny lassies getting us auld yins to throw some moves ( heard that is what jigging is called now )...Daylight when we left...Could not find it Friday, did it really happen???? but have the photos.....Overdid it? yes,  but never out of hand, and respected everywhere. Only thing was in 6 taxis I seemed to know city better than the drivers..But cheap and eager to point out their history.

Edited by The Bunnet

Great result and I had some good laughs too but am I the only person who wasn’t that impressed with the place? Sure, a lot of the folk were cool but every country I go to I meet cool folk(except Wales. That’s fu’ o’ cunts). 😋

2 hours ago, Squirrelhumper said:

We were in the Duff Bar on the Sunday all day. Good mix of Scottish and Welsh in cheering on Croatia!

@McTeeko and I were in there on the Friday night. I even found a Cubbie jersey on the wall to compliment the pic of me and my red wine. Teeko has signed up to the Red Wine Tartan Army now. It’s sitting at three members with Teeko, myself and @kumnio🍷👌

Edited by Ormond

2 minutes ago, Ormond said:

@McTeeko and I were in there on the Friday night. I even found a Cubbie jersey on the wall to compliment the pic of me and my red wine. Teeko has signed up to the Red Wine Tartan Army now. It’s sitting at three members with Teeko, myself and @kumnio🍷👌

And you were up the road for about 1am ya blouse. I wanted to meet you and keep partying :ronnyroars:

8 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

And you were up the road for about 1am ya blouse. I wanted to meet you and keep partying :ronnyroars:

I’d been awake scooping for near two days on the bounce. I got 1 hour’s kip on the floor of the ferry(I never booked a bed) after wellying whisky with the Italian mafia boat guys. They looked as ropey as fuck but they were a good laugh. That’s why I was bedded for 1am on the Friday night. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Im sorry that I was somewhat constantly pished, the voddies they gave were tremendous, but downing them was never going to end well.

I loved Tirana though, thought it was really nice, with great locals. Id love to go back.

39 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Im sorry that I was somewhat constantly pished, the voddies they gave were tremendous, but downing them was never going to end well.

I loved Tirana though, thought it was really nice, with great locals. Id love to go back.

I’m back hame from 24th Feb to the 31st March. If you are done with your Oriental hop around I’ll get up to Coagieville for a swally one day/evening. It would be nice to feel classy for one day and I’ll feel that in Dumpdee. 😄

25 minutes ago, Ormond said:

I’m back hame from 24th Feb to the 31st March. If you are done with your Oriental hop around I’ll get up to Coagieville for a swally one day/evening. It would be nice to feel classy for one day and I’ll feel that in Dumpdee. 😄

Only as you bask in the reflected glory of the world renowned V and A Dundee as you step off the best thing to come out of Perth.

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Not only have I NOT signed up to any cheapo red wine pish, I think I’m about to chuck the Rusty Nail thing a’naw. Didn’t realise members were part timers who split early 😴

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Not only have I NOT signed up to any cheapo red wine pish, I think I’m about to chuck the Rusty Nail thing a’naw. Didn’t realise members were part timers who split early 😴

I’ll repeat that I had one single broken hours sleep on the floor of some rusty ship with some cunt’s case as my pillow after tanning whisky all night. That, my friend is the reason I was bedded for 1am. 

5 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

It's not even like it's lambing season and the cunt had to get up early. Sounds like he's a bit of a quitter after 2 or 3 Chiantis.

3 hours ago, Ormond said:

Great result and I had some good laughs too but am I the only person who wasn’t that impressed with the place? Sure, a lot of the folk were cool but every country I go to I meet cool folk(except Wales. That’s fu’ o’ cunts). 😋

You were the only one.

Hang out with the right people next time you visit.

🤣

24 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

You were the only one.

Hang out with the right people next time you visit.

🤣

Seems to be a recurring theme with the TA though. Every single place visited is the “bestest place everrrrr!”

I never thought it was bad though. Sorry if that’s how it sounded. To me it was just a bit meh. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Ormond

2 hours ago, Ormond said:

Cool, I will be back home by then sadly.

9 minutes ago, Ormond said:

Seems to be a recurring theme with the TA though. Every single place visited is the “bestest place everrrrr!”

I never thought it was bad though. Sorry if that’s how it sounded. To me it was just a bit meh. 🤷‍♂️

Aye I’m with you there. Was decent, good pubs, nice people but no really much to do. Pretty dilapidated in parts of Tirana too - I almost fell doon about 3 different uncovered manholes!

5 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Aye I’m with you there. Was decent, good pubs, nice people but no really much to do. Pretty dilapidated in parts of Tirana too - I almost fell doon about 3 different uncovered manholes!

Can see where you are coming from with the above.

I'll admit that I'm biased due to long experience in the city.

The manholes are a problem for sure, but way fewer than they were 10 years ago.

Overall it's a way better city than Tel Aviv in my opinion.

2 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

The Christmas markets at Skenderberg square were great, and unbelievably cheap. I also brought back loads of toys for the kids Xmas and still barely spent much the whole time I was there 

Aye. I cannae argue about the price of stuff. 

Had a great time. Cheap as chips, had a wander round the museums, both the main one with the mural and BunkArt, which was brilliant.

Not sure I’d be rushing back as it was a bit of a ball ache to get to. Definately a fun trip. Looking back and comparing Israel, I’d still say going round Jerusalem was one of my highlights of the year for me.   

That said, there’s muchos cheapness to be had. With a bit of reasearch I’m sure you could have a very affordable summer holiday.

J

Edited by Bristolhibby