Albania - Page 2 - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania

1ANDYP

The BBC did a programme with Romesh Ranganathan a few months ago. They were trying to promote tourism for 3 countries who are struggling , Ethiopia, Haiti and Albania , and sent Romesh Ranganathan on a tour of each of them .

They did an episode in each country. I found the programmes quite enjoyable and worth watching, though you are unlikely to learn anything earth shatteringly interesting in them and I didnt find myself hot-footing to Thomas Cook the moment the credits came up .

I  had considered going to Albania, but the display in Israel  made my mind up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/proginfo/2018/29/the-misadventures-of-romesh-ranganathan 

On 11/23/2018 at 6:23 PM, Ormond said:

I’m back hame from 24th Feb to the 31st March. If you are done with your Oriental hop around I’ll get up to Coagieville for a swally one day/evening. It would be nice to feel classy for one day and I’ll feel that in Dumpdee. 😄

Hopefully that’s as far north as you’re heading.....

I just checked fixtures, we play St J away on the..........

23rd of feb 😫😫

Edited by dandydunn

51 minutes ago, dandydunn said:

Hopefully that’s as far north as you’re heading.....

I just checked fixtures, we play St J away on the..........

23rd of feb 😫😫

Aye, I saw that game after I had booked my flights. The Saints fixtures are pish when I’m over. Livingston away and hame games.

This trip was much better than I expected it to be. The fact the bar I was in on the Sunday was just giving away free drinks shows how much money he was taking in. Despite losing my passport (twice) and getting it back it will live long in the memory. The 2 days in Podgorica before the game were just as good. 

14 hours ago, Ormond said:

Aye, I saw that game after I had booked my flights. The Saints fixtures are pish when I’m over. Livingston away and hame games.

Although the quarters of the Scottish are due to be played the weekend of the 2cnd March. 🤔

Loved the trip. Highlight was going up mount dajti on the cable car with the rwvolving bar..alpine restaurant and freezin ma nuts off on the crazy golf up there. Found the Albanian people very friendly ..constant car horns and waving and requests for photos. Great fun on way back with flights delayed and not allowed on connection with Austrian Airlines..unexpected wee night in Munich hotel near airport and chossing my flight back to uk next day.

Just now, stirlish said:

I thought they were looking for stragglers to mug

My mate felt a cunt reach inside his pocket. I don’t think the guy will be playing the piano anytime soon, put it that way. 😂

Diane, who everyone knows was mugged bad. Bag snatched, covered in bruises. Her ribs took a battering. Poor lassie. 😞

Not that this stuff doesn’t happen everywhere because it does unfortunately. 

4 hours ago, Ormond said:

My mate felt a cunt reach inside his pocket. I don’t think the guy will be playing the piano anytime soon, put it that way. 😂

Diane, who everyone knows was mugged bad. Bag snatched, covered in bruises. Her ribs took a battering. Poor lassie. 😞

Was that in Shkoder?

On 11/26/2018 at 5:00 PM, Ormond said:

Sorry to hear about these incidents - did they happen on the street on the way to the ground, or was it earlier and elsewhere?

On 11/27/2018 at 2:28 PM, Barney Rubble said:

Sorry to hear about these incidents - did they happen on the street on the way to the ground, or was it earlier and elsewhere?

Incident with my mate was on the way to the ground. He said a crowd of cunts(clearly not fitba’ fans) kinda rushed in and he felt the hands go inside his pocket as we were all huddled together filing in towards the ground in the street.