Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [20/11/2018] - Page 11 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [20/11/2018]

Clyde1998

20 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Tierney in place of Mulgrew, are we going back to three at the back;)

I think as long as the starting eleven are playing well at club level they should remain as the starting eleven

Think Patterson  is getting hard done by on here. I got fed up saying he wasn't a right back on here  in the run up to the games but I think some of his  contributions to the team in other ways make him as good an option as any others we have. We don't have a stand out right back but he is far better at defending set pieces and can offer more options with attacking set pieces than the alternatives.. He also gets stuck in more than others and you need some of that on the pitch.

Yes, Paterson turned out and did what was was asked as best he could.   I thank him for that.  We all knew that was the latest problem area for us.  He's no Sandy Jardine, but what's he meant to do?

With a close view in the 1st half, it looked to me that when he had to track back he made for the middle while Bates covered his position, so I think some thought had been paid to our deficiencies.

15 hours ago, Texas Pete said:

Tuesday is a normal day for midweek football but I agree that the ‘week of football’ in general is pish. As are some of the bizarre kick off times. 

I understand the week of football rules but does anyone know why N.Ireland have both had afternoon weekend kick-offs that don’t really fit the schedule and we never have?

Would love a Saturday afternoon 3PM.

Guest faircity
4 hours ago, macy37 said:

Clearly they wouldn’t? Have you seen the krauts lately? And yes Salzburg would beat us and Austria. 

If you think Germany wouldn't beat Leipzig then I'd suggest you stop trying to match Rolling Hills nip for nip as you are obviously no match. 

It’s an enjoyable conundrum right now. If we’re looking at the 2 goals conceded then I’d suggest McTominay is the solution. That area is exactly where he has done his best work at Manchester United. It’s an option if we continue with 4 at the back. But who would drop out ? Christie ? McGregor was certainly at fault for their first goal but otherwise had a great game in possession and in passing the ball forward aggressively. I’d be loathe to drop Armstrong - still hoping he’s going to be a big player for Southampton now he’s fit - had to subbie the fucker out my fantasy league team 🤨

12 hours ago, Grim Jim said:

Yes, Paterson turned out and did what was was asked as best he could.   I thank him for that.  We all knew that was the latest problem area for us.  He's no Sandy Jardine, but what's he meant to do?

With a close view in the 1st half, it looked to me that when he had to track back he made for the middle while Bates covered his position, so I think some thought had been paid to our deficiencies.

I was probably even closer than you, row B! And for some one out of his normal position and some one as inexperienced as Bates, I thought they looked pretty secure together.