Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [20/11/2018] - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland vs Israel - Match Thread [20/11/2018]

Clyde1998

I disagree, I felt our defense with McKenna and Bates were fine.  On the odd ocassion Bates held onto the ball too long, both goals were not their fault, the twa in front gave them space.  Anyway, we are in the play offs, first time in 12 years.  

Just now, romanticscot said:

I disagree, I felt our defense with McKenna and Bates were fine.  On the odd ocassion Bates held onto the ball too long, both goals were not their fault, the twa in front gave them space.  Anyway, we are in the play offs, first time in 12 years.  

Most people tend to disagree with macy because he’s a tube😂😂

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Hard work that. Still a lot of negatives, our centre of defence is still very dodgy. Thank god for the Celtic players. All were outstanding.

Young lads and they did well, especially Bates coming in and doing his bit. Still loads to learn but Souttar, McKenna and Bates are looking to be the base of our central defence for years to come.

Watching the game at work here in Canada. Not surrounded by greeting face muppets so I'm over the moon and not about to moan.

Aye the center of our defense isn't great. Bunch of other smaller nations qualifying for tournaments have shown if you have good movement in your midfield you can get away with bang average CBs.

Bates and McKenna for me are not the best Cbs the country have to offer. Hopefully this playoff spot will spark greater interest in selection when it comes around.

Delighted with the win and playoff spot.  We have a long long way to go. I still don't think McLeish is our man, but I'll give him credit where credit is due. 

1 minute ago, macy37 said:

Hard work that. Still a lot of negatives, our centre of defence is still very dodgy. Thank god for the Celtic players. All were outstanding.

Yeah - part of the reason the centre backs were dodgy was because Bates was usually dragged out of position by covering for Arthur Bostrom (sorry - I just can’t see anyone else now). Does he usually look like that, or is it a Movember thing? 

1 minute ago, jimmyhillshitman said:

Watching the game at work here in Canada. Not surrounded by greeting face muppets so I'm over the moon and not about to moan.

Aye the center of our defense isn't great. Bunch of other smaller nations qualifying for tournaments have shown if you have good movement in your midfield you can get away with bang average CBs.

Bates and McKenna for me are not the best Cbs the country have to offer. Hopefully this playoff spot will spark greater interest in selection when it comes around.

Delighted with the win and playoff spot.  We have a long long way to go. I still don't think McLeish is our man, but I'll give him credit where credit is due. 

Spot on.

First off, well done to the management team and the players, because I was one of the biggest and most vociferous critics in Haifa last month.

Second, Stuart Armstrong dragged us back into that game after going a goal down. Well done sir.

Third James Forrest, who never plays a good game for Scotland according to some on here, has majorly gummed up a few mouths this international weekend.

Fourth, Alan McGregor, thank you thank you for that save at the death.

Fifth, enjoy your beers or whatever tonight folks because achieving is a great feeling!!!

1 minute ago, HighlandScot said:

An overall great performance, but a nail biter after they scored their second. When trying to manage the game it seemed lunacy to bring off Armstrong and put on Phillips. I have no idea what Phillips brings to the squad.

Armstrong really is a fantastic player, makes that midfield tick

3 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

It's what happen with no defensive mids. McKenna could perhaps have been a bit quicker stepping out a couple of times, but that only needed to occur due to the lack of cover.  Really hard thing to judge, and thought the defence was solid over all.

I have only just looked at the score.  I didn't dare look after such a good result at the weekend. Its not that I don''t care, it's that I care too much.  Judging by the sounds of it some of you have taken a couple of years off your life expectancy in the last ten minutes of the match.  I'm delighted with the result. With all the call offs this could have been a horrible, horrible few days for Scottish football but they did what they had to and didn't mess up.  The players and Alex McLeish and all of us have a lot to feel proud about. James Forrest - I take back all I've ever said!

7 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

First off, well done to the management team and the players, because I was one of the biggest and most vociferous critics in Haifa last month.

Second, Stuart Armstrong dragged us back into that game after going a goal down. Well done sir.

Third James Forrest, who never plays a good game for Scotland according to some on here, has majorly gummed up a few mouths this international weekend.

Fourth, Alan McGregor, thank you thank you for that save at the death.

Fifth, enjoy your beers or whatever tonight folks because achieving is a great feeling!!!

Third point is nonsense but the rest I completely agree with

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Third point is nonsense but the rest I completely agree with

It isn't - you're only saying that because you've been one of his biggest critics on here. 

And I can't find the wink emoji, so take the above as a humorous dig, nothing more.

Enjoy your evening - I've enjoyed my evenings since Saturday and even more so now.

We may have the basis of something here.

Just now, Barney Rubble said:

It isn't - you're only saying that because you've been one of his biggest critics on here. 

And I can't find the wink emoji, so take the above as a humorous dig, nothing more.

Enjoy your evening - I've enjoyed my evenings since Saturday and even more so now.

We may have the basis of something here.

No I say it because he has never ever put in that type of shift for Scotland till now, he deserved the criticism he got but at the same time deserve huge levels of praise for these two performances.

i can understand why certain mutants on here can’t understand that but im surprised at you

24 minutes ago, jimmyhillshitman said:

Interested in who you think our better centre backs are?

3 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

No I say it because he has never ever put in that type of shift for Scotland till now, he deserved the criticism he got but at the same time deserve huge levels of praise for these two performances.

i can understand why certain mutants on here can’t understand that but im surprised at you

Up until these games, Forrest was a really frustrating player. Didn't deserve to be a first pick, lot of headless chicken performances, but what a fucking player now!