Should McLeish Be Sacked IF We Lose? - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should McLeish Be Sacked IF We Lose?

Guest ElChris04

Guest ElChris04

As the title suggests. Should McLeish be sacked tonight IF we lose to Israel and fail to qualify from the group? 

Edited by ElChris04

Guest ElChris04
59 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Not the time for such a question.

Why not? It’s better asking in advance to hear folks thoughts rather than after the match when the match is all said in done. Say we do win, do fans still want him sacked? And if we where to lose it still brings what other fans are thinking on if he should be sacked or not.. so I personally feel it’s the perfect time to ask. 

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Aye cos a discussion on a message board is going to influence the match massively 

Big Eck reads the TAMB every day over his early morning dram.

I don't want to be sitting next to negative fukers who want the manager sacked (it doesn't matter which manager) before a ball has been kicked. 

1 hour ago, Mox said:

He should be asked to leave whether we win, lose or draw.

So we could finish the best of all teams in League C with 3 wins out of 4 and secure a home playoff in the first game (assuming we need one) and you would still want him sacked?

Talk about clueless. 

40 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I don't want to be sitting next to negative fukers who want the manager sacked (it doesn't matter which manager) before a ball has been kicked. 

I don't want to be next to someone who sits at Scotland games.

And do you not realise that not wanting a certain manager to be in charge doesn't mean people aren't going to back the team?

9 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

So we could finish the best of all teams in League C with 3 wins out of 4 and secure a home playoff in the first game (assuming we need one) and you would still want him sacked?

Talk about clueless. 

Two wins over Albania and a potential win against Israel doesn't suddenly make him the right man for the job. Not many people wanted him at first, although many of us knew it would inevitably be him given he was the cheap option and had been whoring about for a job for ages.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

49 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

You'll probably be able to move to just about any other seat in the stadium if you want.

He wasn’t the right man for the job, and still isn’t. His appointment was a complete disgrace, it was tinpot mentality and an old pals act at its absolute worst. 

However, if we do finish top of the group, he should be allowed to continue, although I’m 95% certain he will ultimately fail again. If we don’t beat Israel tonight, then he should go. 

3 minutes ago, Scotland Ever More said:

Two wins over Albania and a potential win against Israel doesn't suddenly make him the right man for the job. Not many people wanted him at first, although many of us knew it would inevitably be him given he was the cheap option and had been whoring about for a job for ages.

You’re right, not many people did want him. The SFA did though and they’re not going to sack him if he succeeds in his first task of winning our Nations League group. 

I have a feeling some people would still want him sacked if we win our qualifying group next year. 

16 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Talk about clueless. 

We will not reach the euros with McLeish in charge and beating Israel and Albania in glorified friendlies papers over the cracks of a management team and association that don't have a clue what they are doing.

1 minute ago, Mox said:

We will not reach the euros with McLeish in charge and beating Israel and Albania in glorified friendlies papers over the cracks of a management team and association that don't have a clue what they are doing.

And you want to see current manager sacked (on brink of progress) to allow this same clueless bunch select another manager you ultimately won't want.