Should McLeish Be Sacked IF We Lose? - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should McLeish Be Sacked IF We Lose?

Guest ElChris04

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Stop being a drama queen would be my advice. If you think being accused of being at it is bad, you’re in for a long ride on this board. 

Not being a drama queen at all. I found my initial reply to PIAK as being hilarious. My subsequent reply was a teaching of human psychology. Who says that you can't learn anything educational on a football forum. ;)

18 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

chripper must have thin skin if he genuinely thinks people are goading him

I don't, actually. I have the skin of a Rhino's rump. That macaroon guy tailed me because he was "suspicious" of me.. he says as much. Which I find rather peculiar. What I do find funny, though, is that he did a vanishing act when I asked him to PM if he has beef. 

17 minutes ago, todd said:

Do you do the voice overs at the start and end of Criminal minds? 😂

Nope. Never seen it. ;)

18 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wasn't trying to troll you. Honest guv. I just tried to correct a minor mistake and then you started arguing with yourself.

No offense meant. I just thought it was quite funny.:ok:

Fair enough.

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Not being a drama queen at all. I found my initial reply to PIAK as being hilarious. My subsequent reply was a teaching of human psychology. Who says that you can't learn anything educational on a football forum. ;)

I don't, actually. I have the skin of a Rhino's rump. That macaroon guy tailed me because he was "suspicious" of me.. he says as much. Which I find rather peculiar. What I do find funny, though, is that he did a vanishing act when I asked him to PM if he has beef. 

Nope. Never seen it. ;)

Fair enough.

Not sure what's going on but it seems to have turned into really hard work for you mate. Is it really worth the hassle?

6 hours ago, Chripper said:

Plus, inadvertently you've revealed yourself to me and to the entire board that you're a fibber.

Human beings have a habit of judging others by their own morals and reflecting their own issues onto other people, e.g a thief will grip onto their wallet with extra weight as they expect everyone else to also be light-fingered, etc..

I assume that being "at it" means that I'm being disingenuous with the intent of prompting a negative reaction? I assume that's what it means. That being said, you accusing me being "at it" is you confessing that you're a liar and you sometimes say things for the effect just to receive negative reactions.

I think you’re analysising my comment way more than it deserves. 

I wasn’t accusing you of being a troll, I initially thought the suggestion of Robertson playing in midfield was ridiculous, as you pointed out other full backs have been converted to midfielders. 

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

I think you’re analysising my comment way more than it deserves. 

I wasn’t accusing you of being a troll, I initially thought the suggestion of Robertson playing in midfield was ridiculous, as you pointed out other full backs have been converted to midfielders. 

Okay.

Then I apologize for jumping to conclusions. :)

I was watching Robertson against Arsenal a few weeks ago, he spent about 10 minutes filling in for, I think it was Milner, and he was surprisingly great in the role. I can see how the idea seems ridiculous, but when he plays in midfield he reminds me of Darren Fletcher (before the illness) with his engine and his urgency. I think it could be an option for us, because god knows I don't trust McGinn playing deep.

On 11/26/2018 at 12:37 AM, Chripper said:

Okay.

Then I apologize for jumping to conclusions. :)

I was watching Robertson against Arsenal a few weeks ago, he spent about 10 minutes filling in for, I think it was Milner, and he was surprisingly great in the role. I can see how the idea seems ridiculous, but when he plays in midfield he reminds me of Darren Fletcher (before the illness) with his engine and his urgency. I think it could be an option for us, because god knows I don't trust McGinn playing deep.

Robertson is a left back all day long.  Him or Tierney for that slot. 

5 hours ago, Malcolm said:

Robertson is a left back all day long.  Him or Tierney for that slot. 

Yes, and I bet people said the same with about Phillip Lahm (right back) before Guardiola turned him into a world class anchorman. Paul Lambert was an attaching midfielder before he was transformed into another world class anchorman. Hell, Paul Scholes started off as a striker before he was moved into midfield.

On 12/1/2018 at 5:44 PM, Chripper said:

Yes, and I bet people said the same with about Phillip Lahm (right back) before Guardiola turned him into a world class anchorman. Paul Lambert was an attaching midfielder before he was transformed into another world class anchorman. Hell, Paul Scholes started off as a striker before he was moved into midfield.

Paul lambert was never world class. 

3 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Paul lambert was never world class. 

Really? In the 96/97 European Cup final he got one assist and he man-marked Zidane out of the match, citing neutrals (and his manager and team mates) to say that he was man of the match.

So, getting an assist and marking one of the best players of all time in the biggest club match in Europe isn't enough for you?

If that isn't the mark of a world class then I don't know what is.

Edited by Chripper

40 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Really? In the 96/97 European Cup final he got one assist and he man-marked Zidane out of the match, citing neutrals (and his manager and team mates) to say that he was man of the match.

So, getting an assist and marking one of the best players of all time in the biggest club match in Europe isn't enough for you?

If that isn't the mark of a world class then I don't know what is.

One game or even a season doesn’t make someone world class, he was tremendous in that final though. 

Just now, ParisInAKilt said:

One game or even a season doesn’t make someone world class, he was tremendous in that final though. 

Well, I disagree.

Everyone has their own definition of what "world class" is. If you can have Paul Scholes, Zinedine Zidane, etc, in your pocket in one season then I would say that that makes you world class.

He could've/should've stayed with Dortmund for longer than a season, regardless of that (and more success he could've had) in my eyes he would've walked into any team in the world. For me, being able to play for any team In the world makes you world class. Besides, it's not like he was a one season wonder, he also had pretty much the entire Rangers midfield in his pocket for a few years. Plus his performance against Brazil in 98 was top notch, so much so that Dunga said that if Lambert was Brazilian he'd get into the Brazil first 11.

20 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Well, I disagree.

Everyone has their own definition of what "world class" is. If you can have Paul Scholes, Zinedine Zidane, etc, in your pocket in one season then I would say that that makes you world class.

He could've/should've stayed with Dortmund for longer than a season, regardless of that (and more success he could've had) in my eyes he would've walked into any team in the world. For me, being able to play for any team In the world makes you world class. Besides, it's not like he was a one season wonder, he also had pretty much the entire Rangers midfield in his pocket for a few years. Plus his performance against Brazil in 98 was top notch, so much so that Dunga said that if Lambert was Brazilian he'd get into the Brazil first 11.

Each to their own.

Its a term that’s branded around too easily these days. 

3 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Each to their own.

Its a term that’s branded around too easily these days. 

It's far easier for people to believe the tag when it's said about an attacking player, as they score and assist goals, but less easy when it's said about an anchorman.

Deschamps and Dunga would also come into that category.

4 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It's far easier for people to believe the tag when it's said about an attacking player, as they score and assist goals, but less easy when it's said about an anchorman.

Deschamps and Dunga would also come into that category.

True but Lambert didn’t do it consistently at the top level. 

42 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Well, I disagree.

He could've/should've stayed with Dortmund for longer than a season, regardless of that (and more success he could've had) in my eyes he would've walked into any team in the world. For me, being able to play for any team In the world makes you world class. Besides, it's not like he was a one season wonder, he also had pretty much the entire Rangers midfield in his pocket for a few years. Plus his performance against Brazil in 98 was top notch, so much so that Zico said that if Lambert was Brazilian he'd get into the Brazil first 11.

Corrected.

14 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

True but Lambert didn’t do it consistently at the top level. 

He would've done if he stayed with Dortmund. At the time the Dortmund fans were virtually begging for him to stay.

Shows you how much they rated him. 

Dortmund didn't want him to leave, why would after he was instrumental in winning the biggest trophy in their history.

Edited by Chripper

On 12/4/2018 at 12:58 AM, Chripper said:

He would've done if he stayed with Dortmund. At the time the Dortmund fans were virtually begging for him to stay.

Shows you how much they rated him. 

Dortmund didn't want him to leave, why would after he was instrumental in winning the biggest trophy in their history.

He might have done but every chance he wouldn’t have also. 

I like Lambert, good player but to call him world class is ridiculous.