Should McLeish Be Sacked IF We Lose? - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Should McLeish Be Sacked IF We Lose?

Guest ElChris04

7 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It is all doom and gloom. We have barely any kids coming through, the majority of our clubs don't even have their own dedicated training facilities, their no youth infrastructure at all In place, and I could go on. It is all doom and gloom, I assure you.

I take your point, I do. I'm not going to lie, I was livid about the performance on Saturday, so I watched it against last night, just to see if I was harsh on the team. I watched it with a positive attitude, really... but I saw the same exact thing as I did on Tuesday. We won on Saturday because the players gave their all in terms of effort. I'm happy with the win and the 4 goals, but that aside, there was nothing there. We can't keep blaming the manager. The players just aren't good enough. When we are against decent opposition our players panic and we are there for the taking.

We have to stop finding false positives whenever we win a game here or there (and I'm as guilty as anyone). Will we win tonight? We probably will, but we must've use that to cloud our judgement.

You were livid with the performance because you don’t have a clue about football , as your pre-match prediction showed. We picked them off the moment they committed themselves forward. It was a piece of piss. 

1 minute ago, er yir macaroon said:

You were livid with the performance because you don’t have a clue about football , as your pre-match prediction showed. We picked them off the moment they committed themselves forward. It was a piece of piss. 

I don't have a clue about football? Says the guy who thinks that we have a "few very good players". I'm going to call Webster's dictionary and let them know that "few" now means "two".

Oh? My pre-match prediction? You want me to go back on your history and show how many times that you were correct about a score/result? Oh wait. Are you one of these holier-than-thou people who think they are never wrong?

Yes. We beat mighty Albania. France, Spain, et al, are quaking in their boots.

6 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I don't have a clue about football? Says the guy who thinks that we have a "few very good players". I'm going to call Webster's dictionary and let them know that "few" now means "two".

Oh? My pre-match prediction? You want me to go back on your history and show how many times that you were correct about a score/result? Oh wait. Are you one of these holier-than-thou people who think they are never wrong?

Yes. We beat mighty Albania. France, Spain, et al, are quaking in their boots.

If you think we should be at the level of France and Spain that may explain why you're so disillusioned by the team.

15 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Having a wee glance at your posting history, it would appear that you have no opinion. You just lay off some line-liners and quips, etc. Well, apart one post of you giving your opinion that a teenager's (Jensen Weir) decision to play for England at youth level over us was more depressing than losing our previous match to Israel... which is... interesting...

And you seem to have taken a fair number of nibbles at me (I hadn't noticed) which is quite cute. :)

13 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Having a wee glance at your posting history, it would appear that you have no opinion. You just lay off some line-liners and quips, etc. Well, apart one post of you giving your opinion that a teenager's (Jensen Weir) decision to play for England at youth level over us was more depressing than losing our previous match to Israel... which is... interesting...

And you seem to have taken a fair number of nibbles at me (I hadn't noticed) which is quite cute. :)

I have indeed taken some nibbles at you because I can’t quite decide if you’re a troll. 

Just now, er yir macaroon said:

I have indeed taken some nibbles at you because I can’t quite decide if you’re a troll. 

So, because I have opinions (and am equipping on how to express them) that you don't agree with I may or not be a Troll?

Mmh… 

I don't think I've ever said one thing on this forum that's far-fetched or extreme. But okay, that's your opinion and I respect it. :)

Just now, mrniaboc said:

I don't think Chripper is a troll. I think they are just very negative about Scotland.

It's a true thing, I can assure you.

I used to be as positive as anyone with regards to Scotland, but the constantly being let down is starting to really piss me off. 

Everyone has their breaking point... and I literally heard mine.

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is it any surprise to find that the loudest voices raised against McLeish all support the same team? 

Club loyalties should be checked at the door when talking about Scotland. 

Win, lose or draw he has to stay because there isn't anyone else who wants the job and constantly changing manager at this level achieves nothing if the employing FA don't have a succession plan and strategy. 

Our SFA quite simply don't have this, so any new manager will be back at square one. 

And it’s no surprise you are a backer of him.

My team allegiance has hee haw to do with it by the way. He shouldn’t have been appointed full stop. I want him out as I don’t rate him as a Manager and clearly very few football clubs did either. It’s just a shame that certain blazers let their allegiance effect who they appointed.

22 minutes ago, Chripper said:

So, because I have opinions (and am equipping on how to express them) that you don't agree with I may or not be a Troll?

Mmh… 

I don't think I've ever said one thing on this forum that's far-fetched or extreme. But okay, that's your opinion and I respect it. :)

You seemed to have taken a hissy fit while re-watching a 4 nil away win and apparently think people shouldn’t be pleased with obvious progress because we don’t have 11 world class players. I get the impression if we’d gone with a back 5 and ground out a one nil win you’d have been cock a hoop. I had a wee look at your profile too, professional writers don’t use “has went” unless the write for the Evening Times, so I hope you can forgive my scepticism.

Edited by er yir macaroon

24 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Mmh… 

Chripper, 

Having an opinion is fine, but saying things like 'now that I've seen the team we are going to lose 2-0', is not having an opinion, it's just making yourself sound daft, even before the result.

Got to admit I had the same feeling as Chripper after the final whistle on Saturday.  While I was obviously delighted and surprised with the score I felt it was still not the most inspiring performance.  However, when McLeish said in his interview the plan was to sit in draw them out and pick them off on the counter attack, I thought, actually, fair play they fecking nailed that tactic! 

I just hope he's got something as clever up his sleeve for tonight because that won't work against Israel!  If anything that's probably going to be their tactic tonight!

I can see tonight being a very frustrating game!  But if he gets the win he deserves to lead us for the Qualifiers

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is it any surprise to find that the loudest voices raised against McLeish all support the same team? 

Win, lose or draw he has to stay because there isn't anyone else who wants the job and constantly changing manager at this level achieves nothing if the employing FA don't have a succession plan and strategy. 

Our SFA quite simply don't have this, so any new manager will be back at square one. 

That team wouldn't be Scotland by any chance, would it? 

22 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

You seemed to have taken a hissy fit while re-watching a 4 nil away win and apparently think people shouldn’t be pleased with obvious progress because we don’t have 11 world class players. I get the impression if we’d gone with a back 5 and ground out a one nil win you’d have been cock a hoop. I had a wee look at your profile too, professional writers don’t use “has went” unless the write for the Evening Times, so I hope you can forgive my scepticism.

I would've been happy if we played well and won. The winning (against a team that resembled a Donkey with one leg) doesn't really fill my tank with confidence. To be honest, how many times have we been low and depressed and then we get one victory and we're all happy again? It's mass hysteria and personally I'm sick and tired of it, as it's letting the powers-that-be away with murder.

And it's not just Saturday's match, it's been a steady acumination.

I said "has went"? When? Today? I'm here but I'm not here, if you know what I mean. Plus when I write, generally I do it in a stream of consciousness. I only really edit and proof-read when I'm being paid to do so.

Why skepticism? I've had bits and bobs published, nothing major. 

22 minutes ago, pca68 said:

Chripper, 

Having an opinion is fine, but saying things like 'now that I've seen the team we are going to lose 2-0', is not having an opinion, it's just making yourself sound daft, even before the result.

It was just how I felt at the time. 

13 minutes ago, kwhitelaw said:

Got to admit I had the same feeling as Chripper after the final whistle on Saturday.  While I was obviously delighted and surprised with the score I felt it was still not the most inspiring performance.  However, when McLeish said in his interview the plan was to sit in draw them out and pick them off on the counter attack, I thought, actually, fair play they fecking nailed that tactic! 

I suppose, but still, I wasn't really inspired by the performance.

I said after the match on Saturday that I don't know what to feel about that match, and I suppose I still don't. I suppose it could be a springboard to better results and performances... only time will tell. Personally, I'm keeping my expectations low, as we've fallen into this trap too many times.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

And that'll make everything better, will it? If we'll be in our 3rd playoff?

That'll completely erase the complete neglect and mismanagement of Scottish football for decades?

We need to stop being happy with scraps and begin demanding more. Unless people are happy with scraps?

of course it won't erase decades of mismanagement but getting to a playoff means we've acheived the bare minimum and thats a bloody start

3 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It was just how I felt at the time. 

I suppose, but still, I wasn't really inspired by the performance.

I said after the match on Saturday that I don't know what to feel about that match, and I suppose I still don't. I suppose it could be a springboard to better results and performances... only time will tell. Personally, I'm keeping my expectations low, as we've fallen into this trap too many times.

You're not wrong there!

I think we're more than capable of winning tonight, but i'm not getting my hopes up!  Unless we get an early goal it's going to be a long game!

32 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I would've been happy if we played well and won. The winning (against a team that resembled a Donkey with one leg) doesn't really fill my tank with confidence. To be honest, how many times have we been low and depressed and then we get one victory and we're all happy again? It's mass hysteria and personally I'm sick and tired of it, as it's letting the powers-that-be away with murder.

And it's not just Saturday's match, it's been a steady acumination.

I said "has went"? When? Today? I'm here but I'm not here, if you know what I mean. Plus when I write, generally I do it in a stream of consciousness. I only really edit and proof-read when I'm being paid to do so.

Why skepticism? I've had bits and bobs published, nothing major. 

Let’s put this spat down to pre-match tension, assuming you’re not Mossad. I acknowledge that the concept of a back 5 has a right to exist. 

Guest ElChris04
3 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Is it any surprise to find that the loudest voices raised against McLeish all support the same team

What are you on about? Yes I’m a Celtic supporter but that has nothing to do with it. I’ve got mates who support rangers hearts etc that want him sacked and or thought his appointment is disastrous. So your hole point is invalid. There’s fans from every club that are against him and rightly so after that Israel performance. Not to mention all the other embarrassing results he’s been under. Thankfully it looks like he’s found the best formation we all knew from the start would be the best option. 

Edited by ElChris04