What Happened at Friday Nights Ticket Pickup? - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

What Happened at Friday Nights Ticket Pickup?

Brummie Hibs

Just now, Brummie Hibs said:

I heard something had happened in the hotel on the Friday, hence why Saturday's pickup was outside the hotel. 

Can anybody enlighten me? 

It was pandemonium inside the reception. As far as I’m aware from the few minutes I was there, it was just really busy with the que snaked round umpteen times over. Nothing to to do with the way it was conducted 

Any hotel guests would have had a hell of a night trying to get a kip with the amount of bevvied up folk or any guests trying to get in or out

Got there Saturday about 12ish and although there was a queue in the car park we were still served in just a few minutes.

If it's true about someone going for one of the girls then it should be a lifetime ban, and it's disappointing to hear that he never got leathered.

Edited by Scotland Ever More

Think the problem on the Friday night was the hotel was not prepared or expecting the number of fans to turn up. I got there a few minutes to 9 just as the SSC/SFA girls were arriving and there was already a big queue. Which meant it was already going to take 20/30 minutes to get through all the fans who had arrived before 9pm never mind those who arrived after. The queue quickly filled most of the lobby which can't have looked very appealing to the hotel or their guests especially as a fair few fans had a good drink in them. Heard they gave out about 1,000 tickets in the 2 hours which is some going.

Think it would have worked better had the hotel given us a seperate room to do the collection which was what happened in Tel Aviv.

3 minutes ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Why was it so busy on the Friday night when there was a pick up on the Saturday too? Were the Davy busses leaving too sharp to get to Shkoder?

I walked straight to the front of the queue on the Saturday.

Think a lot of fans myself included wanted just to get the collection over and done with. Davy's buses were leaving at 2:30 which was the same time the collection ended so no issue with that. There was other buses leaving earlier than that though

We went to the pick up point about 9:30 on Friday night and saw the length of the queue meandering through the lobby. We about turned and went back at 10am on Saturday morning and got the tickets within 15 mins.

I saw the timings for the Friday pickup and made the correct decision to chin it off to the Saturday.

I reasoned I’d be well pished come 21:00 on the Friday and didn’t want to lose my tickets or more importantly interrupt the sesh.

Strolled along on the Saturday before going into the meuseum and picked up the briefs no problem.

Did ask why one of the girls had a camera on her and she told us about the aggro the night before. 

On reflection, perhaps a Friday night collection was not the best idea.

J

2 hours ago, Bristolhibby said:

I saw the timings for the Friday pickup and made the correct decision to chin it off to the Saturday.

I reasoned I’d be well pished come 21:00 on the Friday and didn’t want to lose my tickets or more importantly interrupt the sesh.

Strolled along on the Saturday before going into the meuseum and picked up the briefs no problem.

Did ask why one of the girls had a camera on her and she told us about the aggro the night before. 

On reflection, perhaps a Friday night collection was not the best idea.

J

The wearing of cameras is now std practise.

Seen one older member of the TA ( in the yellow scotland) shirt singing / shouting abuse at one of the hotel girls . She looked like an assistant manager who was coming to help organise the queue as the concierge  was out his depth. When she backed  away from his unwanted attentions he followed her up the stairs ....other TA were telling him to behave he slooped off to the back of the queue but was still loud and could be heard across the foyer . This was before the first ticket was issued.

On 11/20/2018 at 7:35 PM, Hairy Pete said:

Seen one older member of the TA ( in the yellow scotland) shirt singing / shouting abuse at one of the hotel girls . She looked like an assistant manager who was coming to help organise the queue as the concierge  was out his depth. When she backed  away from his unwanted attentions he followed her up the stairs ....other TA were telling him to behave he slooped off to the back of the queue but was still loud and could be heard across the foyer . This was before the first ticket was issued.

He was completely out of order. Put his hands on the staff member (woman with curly blonde hair), basically acting like a dirty old man. Didn’t hear what he said but can imagine from the way he was acting and her reaction. If you saw someone acting like that with a lassie on the street or train at home you’d either lamp him or alert the police. Being pished on cheap bevvy in a foreign country is no excuse. Someone at the front of the queue rightly had a word with him and got a volley of abuse as a result. The G4S boy stood idly by.

We had our tickets in hand so didn’t see if anything else happened. However, clearly the staff were already concerned with the numbers filling the lobby and the prick in the yellow shirt would hardly have put them at ease.

the SFA girls were good. Set up quick and got things moving but perhaps better plans could have been made with the hotel to find a more suitable space as said above.