Scotland v Israel - build up and thread - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel - build up and thread

romanticscot

6 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I fucking did it. No joke. Ma brother wants me locked up. 🤣. Fuck them. Played Flower of Scotland, then Rowan Tree.  They came out the house waving and clapping. No joke. Then I belted into "well no coming".. My brother left and went in the Hoose Shakin his Heid. 😂. They wullnae be wavinn and clapping on Tuesday. I'm sure they have no fuckin clue. GIRFUY. Alba Gu Brath... BR 1314

They probably had no idea why you were doing that :lol:

16 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Going to my brother's today. He lives in a sort of posh area he has couple of Jewish families living on his street. I'm getting my Bagpipes oot. Give them a wee "Flower Of Scotland" in the middle of the road. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

You are taking it for granted that because they are Jewish they support Israel by your way of thinking Roman Catholics would support Italy.

I know this sounds obvious but I'd really love to see a strong, convincing win tomorrow night. Rather than a scrappy 1-0 (though I'd take that right now if it was on offer). I really want that feeling back that I last properly felt during the Ukraine match 11 years ago, watching us confidently dominate a team at Hampden to put us in a really strong qualifying position, rather than wilting under the pressure (which of course we did 4 days later). A win tomorrow probably won't feel as exciting as that game did to me, but ironically it will mean much more. In short, 'mon Scotland!

Edited by mrniaboc

2 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I know this sounds obvious but I'd really love to see a strong, convincing win tomorrow night. Rather than a scrappy 1-0 (though I'd take that right now if it was on offer). I really want that feeling back that I last properly felt during the Ukraine match 11 years ago, watching us confidently dominate a team at Hampden to put us in a really strong qualifying position, rather than wilting under the pressure (which of course we did 4 days later). A win tomorrow probably won't feel as exciting as that game did to me, but ironically it will be mean much more. In short, 'mon Scotland!

That Ukraine match was really special! The feeling we were getting momentum behind us, we could do anything, beat anyone! 

12 minutes ago, exile said:

That Ukraine match was really special! The feeling we were getting momentum behind us, we could do anything, beat anyone! 

Right? That was the only home match of that campaign I couldn't make it to. When McCulloch banged that screamer in I remember jumping out my seat and standing in the middle my living room just exclaiming at the top of my voice and punching the air in a sate of elation. My neighbours were probably terrified haha. Hopefully I get the chance to terrify some locals in the pub down here tomorrow evening.

4-0 maybe flattered us because 3 were against 10 men but we lost to Israel when down to 10. Though I guess 2-1 didn't flatter them, will be good to see what we can do with 11, at home and a good crowd. 

I can't see any changes needed versus the players available.  

Defence is a concern as Paterson is a good player and athlete but RB he says is his weakest position. O'Donnell struggled v Israel awat and I worry that is our weakest area they will target again.  McKenna and Bates are inexperienced.

Midfield looked great. MacGregor is a superb player and having him as the sitting player replaces Brown and brings more positivity.

Fletcher up front playing the Stephane Guivarch (spelling?) role.

On 11/19/2018 at 12:57 AM, Big Ramy 1314 said:

I fucking did it. No joke. Ma brother wants me locked up. 🤣. Fuck them. Played Flower of Scotland, then Rowan Tree.  They came out the house waving and clapping. No joke. Then I belted into "well no coming".. My brother left and went in the Hoose Shakin his Heid. 😂. They wullnae be wavinn and clapping on Tuesday. I'm sure they have no fuckin clue. GIRFUY. Alba Gu Brath... BR 1314

If you are not already employed as a Scottish ambassador, perhaps you should contact Ms Sturgeon and make her aware of your apparent talent in this field. 

17 hours ago, COLT NY said:

I've been on the TA Board for about 12 years. This is the first time I've felt the need to put someone on the ignore list.

I can imagine most folk reading this and doin the chewin the fat fingers undr the chin and 'eeeeeeeeeeewwww"

9 minutes ago, Burj_Alba said:

Could Google it but when was the last time we won a double header? Think it might have been Lithuania / France in 2008 campaign. Cant think of another since.

September 2017 in the last campaign. Lithuania away & Malta at home.