Scotland v Israel - build up and thread - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scotland v Israel - build up and thread

romanticscot

12 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

One question for me, is Tierney definitely out of the Israel game? Seems like it was fairly touch and go for Albania. 

He is. He returned to Celtic on Thursday. If he was a possibility for Tuesday he would have travelled to Albania with the squad. 

Get fuckin tore right intae those Israli bastards. Give them pelters. They have no business thinking they can beat us. Tae hell wae them. We are SCOTLAND. Put the fuckin boot in, go right through. Them. That's me, I'm getting on the bevie. Braveheart, Outlaw King, the Corrie's. Gregory's Girl. Blood is pumped. Might even consider swimming wae the sharks again depending on how much Mrs.Ramy lets me scoop today... Alba Gu Brath. INTAE THEM INTAE THEM INTAE THEM..  BR 1314 out.. 😁😁🍺🍺🍻🍻

15 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

If he was touch and go there’d have been no point in sitting on a plane and a bus, he’d have been in the treatment room. 

Yes but all the physios would be with the squad. He would probably have travelled if he was a possibility for Tuesday to integrate with the squad.

It’s irrelevant anyway since he’s definitely out for Tuesday anyway unfortunately.

There’s nothing major wrong with him. He had tight calf muscles apparently and Celtic didn’t want him to risk injury playing for Scotland. That will still be the case on Tuesday. He’ll play in Celtic’s next match though.

9 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Slightly curious but I notice that McLaughlin was in goal for Sunderland yesterday.  Didn't he withdraw from the squad because of injury?

5 minutes ago, ProudScot said:

Yeah he did. Strange one. 

“There’s only two, Jon McLaughlins” as the chant goes 

He didn’t withdraw because of injury. He withdrew so he could play against Wycombe.

McLeish agreed it with Jack Ross as McLaughlin was third choice and wouldn’t have played anyway. I think it was initially agreed before Gordon pulled out but it was too late to go back on it. 

25 minutes ago, Chripper said:

What I want to know is why does everyone want to headbutt Ryan Christie?

That's twice in little more than a week.

He’s probably a mouthy twat that pisses people off.

Plenty of them about.

A head butt is a bit harsh as a response though. Still, it worked out well for us last night. 

2 hours ago, ChrisPro said:

Attendance doesn`t look as if it will be great. Looking at the stadium map on the ticket website and more than half the west and east stands have sections not even opened up to buy tickets and the same with the majority of the South stand. Less than 20k?

Would definitely have been less than 20k if we had lost last night I think. 

I’m hoping for at least 25k now but who knows?

There still seems to be some ignorance surrounding the importance of this match and of course there’s the general apathy over the national team at the moment and the usual grumbling about ticket prices. 

42 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Would definitely have been less than 20k if we had lost last night I think. 

I’m hoping for at least 25k now but who knows?

There still seems to be some ignorance surrounding the importance of this match and of course there’s the general apathy over the national team at the moment and the usual grumbling about ticket prices. 

...and it's a Tuesday night in November. Again, if I still lived in Glasgow I'd obviously be there, but having to travel any distance makes weeknight games very hard to attend. I know it's not the SFA's fault.

21 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

...and it's a Tuesday night in November. Again, if I still lived in Glasgow I'd obviously be there, but having to travel any distance makes weeknight games very hard to attend. I know it's not the SFA's fault.

Tuesday night is a normal night for international football though. We’ve been playing on Tuesday/Wednesday nights for as far back as I’ve been going to Scotland games and that is many, many years. 

Not ideal for people who don’t live near Glasgow obviously but it can’t really be helped. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Tuesday night is a normal night for international football though. We’ve been playing on Tuesday/Wednesday nights for as far back as I’ve been going to Scotland games and that is many, many years. 

Not ideal for people who don’t live near Glasgow obviously but it can’t really be helped. 

Totally, and I've been to my fair few weeknight games, but I just meant in terms of what crowd we will see this Tuesday it will probably be 5-10k fewer people than if the exact same game was happening on Saturday.

Just now, mrniaboc said:

Totally, and I've been to my fair few weeknight games, but I just meant in terms of what crowd we will see this Tuesday it will probably be 5-10k fewer people than if the exact same game was happening on Saturday.

Of course. 

Saturday football is best for most folk. We did just have a Saturday game of course, just a pity it was away.

Hopefully we’ll have at least one Saturday afternooon game at Hampden in the next campaign. 

Just now, Texas Pete said:

Of course. 

Saturday football is best for most folk. We did just have a Saturday game of course, just a pity it was away.

Hopefully we’ll have at least one Saturday afternooon game at Hampden in the next campaign. 

Fingers crossed, and if we do then you know I'll be coming down the road!

8 hours ago, Big Ramy 1314 said:

Going to my brother's today. He lives in a sort of posh area he has couple of Jewish families living on his street. I'm getting my Bagpipes oot. Give them a wee "Flower Of Scotland" in the middle of the road. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

I fucking did it. No joke. Ma brother wants me locked up. 🤣. Fuck them. Played Flower of Scotland, then Rowan Tree.  They came out the house waving and clapping. No joke. Then I belted into "well no coming".. My brother left and went in the Hoose Shakin his Heid. 😂. They wullnae be wavinn and clapping on Tuesday. I'm sure they have no fuckin clue. GIRFUY. Alba Gu Brath... BR 1314