Albania vs Scotland - Match Thread [17/11/2018] - Page 10 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania vs Scotland - Match Thread [17/11/2018]

Clyde1998

14 hours ago, er yir macaroon said:

With the squad available this is 100% the team I would have chosen. There’s a fair chance we could give them a right good hiding. 

We have good players. When deployed correctly they can do the above on a consistent basis, and  against better teams than Albania. When we stay compact in the middle of defence i.e. two centre halves close together, not three miles apart, we have the chance to pick off the opposition using our quick attacking players. 

Didn’t see the game as was working but I’m massively and happily surprised at that result. I still think Tuesday will be tough, few things went our way last night don’t forget.

Has anyone a link to Eck’s post match interview? Lot of folk saying he sounded and looked dreadful?

2 hours ago, PASTA Mick said:

That would have taken us to a and play-off was a certainly an important match. However, this match can - 

1. Take us to a Euro 2020 second chance play-off, against low ranked teams.

2. See us gain promotion in the Nations League.

3. Impact our Euro 2020 qualifying pot (although the win last night has already helped with regards to being pot 3 rather than pot 4).

4. Impact our World Cup 2022 qualifying pot.

This game is huge. 

OK, miserable flip side for a laugh :whistling:

If we fail to beat Israel - 

1. We probably miss the play-offs play-off, or get a pretty tough one.

2. We're in same lowly Nations League C with a B team dropping down to play us next time.

3. We impact our Euro 2020 qualifying pot.

4. We impact our World Cup 2022 qualifying pot.

This game is huge. 

I'd emphasise the positive side,  and go for it on Tuesday though!

7 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

Aye very sorry about that but really we have won 4-0 and people bothered by McLeish's appearance in the post-match presser. Oh please FFS.

Remember, Macy has his reputation as ‘ one of the best cheeky wee miserable kent posters on the board ‘ to uphold 🙂

12 minutes ago, Caledonian Craig said:

But less wanky than some of your mates trying to have a go at a manager who has oversaw us winning 4-0 away from home don't you think?

My mates? No I’m just simply asking to see the clip that dozens of folk on SM, none that are mates by the way, are saying. 

So, to answer the question, no.