Albania vs Scotland - Match Thread [17/11/2018] - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania vs Scotland - Match Thread [17/11/2018]

Clyde1998

11 minutes ago, Chripper said:

In fairness to me, I did say that I hope I'm wrong. ;)

I might be the minority, but I wasn't overly impressed by the performance. Albania were down to 10 men and they still had 60% possession and they almost had twice as many passes... how is that even possible?!

The first half was awful, I just did we looked nervous. Second half was better.

As Strachan just said, they had 60% possession, but 90% of the time, they done nothing with it. That leaves them with 6% of doing something. We had 40% and scored 4 goals. 

16 minutes ago, Chripper said:

In fairness to me, I did say that I hope I'm wrong. ;)

I might be the minority, but I wasn't overly impressed by the performance. Albania were down to 10 men and they still had 60% possession and they almost had twice as many passes... how is that even possible?!

The first half was awful, I just did we looked nervous. Second half was better.

Possession means nothing a lot of the time. Even against 10 men.

We let Albania pass the ball around in their  own half. It’s normal to let the home team do that, especially if you’re a goal or two up. 

Big positives for me tonight were Forrest and Christie. 

We should be going into Tuesday’s match with confidence now which could make all the difference. 

I'm actually not sure how I feel about the match. I watched the entire 90 minutes and my face was tripping me.

In the first we were terrible, just nervous and the players looked like they hadn't seen a ball before.

In the second half we were far better, we passed the ball, we controlled the match and we actually looked confident.

No one should get carried away, though. For the majority of the match it was against 10 men, and Albania are absolutely atrocious. It was nice to get a win, and a few goals, but no one should get carried away. It's nice to get a win, though.

8 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I'm actually not sure how I feel about the match. I watched the entire 90 minutes and my face was tripping me.

In the first we were terrible, just nervous and the players looked like they hadn't seen a ball before.

In the second half we were far better, we passed the ball, we controlled the match and we actually looked confident.

No one should get carried away, though. For the majority of the match it was against 10 men, and Albania are absolutely atrocious. It was nice to get a win, and a few goals, but no one should get carried away. It's nice to get a win, though.

We can surely cling to the fact we were 1-0 up before the man of Albania was sent off, and before the penalty.

A 1-0 against 11 men, had it stood, would also be a decent away win.

Getting a few extra unexpected goals may flatter us but is just like payback for not having played friendlies against weak opposition instead of facing some tough teams. So we're maybe just about at our level, not a hard luck story but not world beaters, we can look forward to Tuesday with more confidence.

Edited by exile

5 minutes ago, Chripper said:

When you’re one nill up against 10 men you let the opposition do the work. By the end it was 4 going on 8. I called it before kick off on the basis of a 4-5-1. 

Just now, exile said:

We can surely cling to the fact we were 1-0 up before the man of Albania was sent off and the penalty. A 1-0 against 11 men had it stood would also be a decent away win.

I suppose.

As I said, though, not really sure how to take it. It would be nice to win on Tuesday and get some momentum.

2 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Don't worry, we'll not got carried away. This is Scotland were talking about, having said that we've won and it would have been very different if we hadn't.

14 minutes ago, Chripper said:

It must be miserable in your house. 

Albania are shite and they did get a man sent off but we did what we had to do and won comfortably. Impossible to say of course but I reckon we’d have won easily even if they had 11 men for the full game. 

We were missing two of our best players in McGinn and Tierney and had a man well out of position at right back. 

I’m going to enjoy the win and look forward to Tuesday. There will be plenty of time for negativity if we don’t beat Israel. 

20 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I can only assume you're a young lad, and new at this Scotland supporting thing.

Just enjoy the away win... they're rare enough! :beer2::beer2:

2 minutes ago, Dave78 said:

I can only assume you're a young lad, and new at this Scotland supporting thing.

Just enjoy the away win... they're rare enough! :beer2::beer2:

Nah. Old enough to remember 96 and 98. ;)

I'm just at the end of my tether. A win here or there won't repair my shattered optimism.

You're right, though. I hope people enjoy the win. :)

1 minute ago, Chripper said:

Nah. Old enough to remember 96 and 98. ;)

I'm just at the end of my tether. A win here or there won't repair my shattered optimism.

You're right, though. I hope people enjoy the win. :)

If ye cannae remember '86, yer a young lad in my book :lol:

I'm optimistic now that McLeish (as shite as he is) has worked out the best way to play.

The 4321 worked well tonight. I've been saying on here we shouldn't change the system just to accommodate Robbo and KT (i.e. 352), and i'm glad McLeish sees that too now.