Albania vs Scotland - Match Thread [17/11/2018] - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Albania vs Scotland - Match Thread [17/11/2018]

Clyde1998

About as good a team as could’ve been picked from what’s left. Could argue Bates/Hendry, shinnie/Christie and up front but they’re all much of a muchness and there are certainly a lot of attack minded players in there.

id also say there are “only” four players missing from our strongest team there, which isn’t as many as there could be from all the call offs.

Edited by wee-toon-red

Looks like a 4-5-1

McGregor

Paterson. Bates. McKenna. Robertson

Forrest. McGregor. Armstrong. Fraser

Christie

Fletcher

I hope I'm wrong, but Albania are going to win this. Probably by two clear goals. We're too fragile down the middle, and the middle of midfield isn't tough enough.

6 minutes ago, Chripper said:

Looks like a 4-5-1

McGregor

Paterson. Bates. McKenna. Robertson

Forrest. McGregor. Armstrong. Fraser

Christie

Fletcher

I hope I'm wrong, but Albania are going to win this. Probably by two clear goals. We're too fragile down the middle, and the middle of midfield isn't tough enough.

As mentioned above we're only missing a few first team players. Yes, it's in a key couple of areas but that team should win.

Just now, SkyBlueScot said:

As mentioned above we're only missing a few first team players. Yes, it's in a key couple of areas but that team should win.

We have a utility player as a right back, we have two wingers who aren't actually wingers and we have a striker who doesn't score goals.

Plus only using two central midfielders and two central midfielders is suicide, maybe not against a team like Albania... but get them in the wrong day and it could be. 

If we can keep 10 men on the park tonight and not suffer any early injuries I fancy us to win.

I would have preferred McBurnie over Fletcher and Bates makes me nervous (based on his Rangers career in fairness to the guy) but overall the line up looks decent considering the call offs.