California Fires - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

California Fires

There's a guy who posts on a MMA forum and he said last saturday that the death toll is a lot higher than folk are making out, the fire spread too fast and the call to leave came too late.Said knows someone in the area and it was insane.

He was pretty much rubbished but now there seems to be close to a 1000 missing, I hope they got out, but it was burning through acres in minutes, spreading much faster than anyone would think possible.

I have no idea what the truth is but watching thoes tsunami videos was an eye opener the latent power in these things. So extrapolating that to fire...

3 hours ago, Toepoke said:

I guess it's about as far away as here to Albania, but still a strange one.

I was in the bar later, and commented to the bar maid, that i found it strange that non one in the office was discussing  it

"What fire"  - she had no clue there was even a fire ongoing in California

1 hour ago, phart said:

There's a guy who posts on a MMA forum and he said last saturday that the death toll is a lot higher than folk are making out, the fire spread too fast and the call to leave came too late.Said knows someone in the area and it was insane.

He was pretty much rubbished but now there seems to be close to a 1000 missing, I hope they got out, but it was burning through acres in minutes, spreading much faster than anyone would think possible.

I have no idea what the truth is but watching thoes tsunami videos was an eye opener the latent power in these things. So extrapolating that to fire...

66 reported so far, and some are ashes

highest this centure (or maybe this last century )

I reckon will be 200-300 

Whole town burned down, (Paradise)  and it had 25,000 residents, and a lot of them were elderly , who had retired there - i seen some footage earlier in week, and folk were driving through flames