Under 19's - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Under 19's

PASTA Mick

7 minutes ago, Hertsscot said:

Hope that's not permanent. We've got central midfield players but could with a striker.

He wasn’t so good in the second  half. He’s a right big lad with good touch and balance. I’m not sure what the thiking was but he certainly used to be a centre forward and looks built for that position.

31 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

He wasn’t so good in the second  half. He’s a right big lad with good touch and balance. I’m not sure what the thiking was but he certainly used to be a centre forward and looks built for that position.

Am not convinced by Rudden, and am disappointed Aitchison hasn’t kicked on and made a few more first team appearances for Celtic despite how young he is. Think he lacks pace at that level.

Mebude is a real talent though and is still only 17....banged in a few goals for Rangers reserves recently. 

Fraser Hornby is the one who will lead the line in the not-too-distant future, providing he stays fit and injury-free.

43 minutes ago, Chripper said:

I wouldn't get too excited, he's also eligible for England and Nigeria.

Haha don’t expect you to be excited.....but one of our biggest gripes has been the lack of quality being produced in this country in recent years..... if rangers develop a top player who has played for Scotland through all the age groups, then suddenly decides to defect to a different country then there’s not much we can do...but at least shows we might be turning a corner and we may now be producing a better quality of player through our youth system. 

1 hour ago, SWMM82 said:

Haha don’t expect you to be excited.....but one of our biggest gripes has been the lack of quality being produced in this country in recent years..... if rangers develop a top player who has played for Scotland through all the age groups, then suddenly decides to defect to a different country then there’s not much we can do...but at least shows we might be turning a corner and we may now be producing a better quality of player through our youth system. 

Actually, that's a good point.. unless the lad is an anomaly and a complete fluke. 

Yep. You can always reply on me to let the air out off hope bubbles! 😋

11 hours ago, SWMM82 said:

Am not convinced by Rudden, and am disappointed Aitchison hasn’t kicked on and made a few more first team appearances for Celtic despite how young he is. Think he lacks pace at that level.

Mebude is a real talent though and is still only 17....banged in a few goals for Rangers reserves recently. 

Fraser Hornby is the one who will lead the line in the not-too-distant future, providing he stays fit and injury-free.

Yes, as I exclusively revealed some months ago, Hornby will be our main striker in the future. We will need more than one though. That’s 10 drop outs, going on 11,  with McGinn expected to be out.

2 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

We only need a draw so looking good so far. 

Doing some reading, it appears that the elite round is seeded based on your performance in the qualifying round - so if we win all our games, we'll be very likely to be top seeds - avoiding teams like Germany, Portugal and Italy.