Motherwell - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Motherwell

Have you Motherwell fans not had enough of Steve Robinson? Don't know how they've been playing week in week out but season after season seems very similar with not a lot happening. Not a manager I'd have anywhere near McDiarmid.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager. They just seem to be on a treadmill plodding along. I can’t ever remember saying wow, look at that Motherwell result for a while. I was hoping to say it against Rangers, but no just another predictable result. He’s had his peak as ‘Well manager. Prediction for next few seasons is labouring along with not much happening. 

1 hour ago, Ormond said:

Have you Motherwell fans not had enough of Steve Robinson? Don't know how they've been playing week in week out but season after season seems very similar with not a lot happening. Not a manager I'd have anywhere near McDiarmid.

I'm not saying he's a bad manager. They just seem to be on a treadmill plodding along. I can’t ever remember saying wow, look at that Motherwell result for a while. I was hoping to say it against Rangers, but no just another predictable result. He’s had his peak as ‘Well manager. Prediction for next few seasons is labouring along with not much happening. 

😂  You’ve had that in the holster for a while!! 

Aye that original thread has obviously been bugging you for a while now! 😆

Mind the Rossy one on Jock Strap? United pumped Aberdeen 3-0 at Pittodrie on the first day of the season and Jock Strap gave it plenty for what seemed weeks. 

Next fixture in December Dons won 2-0 at Tannadice and Rossy hit back with sheer venom on a very personal nature. You could just tell he had been absolutely raging for about 3 months. Ended up with him making personal and public apologies 🙈

Just now, McTeeko said:

Mind the Rossy one on Jock Strap? United pumped Aberdeen 3-0 at Pittodrie on the first day of the season and Jock Strap gave it plenty for what seemed weeks. 

Next fixture in December Dons won 2-0 at Tannadice and Rossy hit back with sheer venom on a very personal nature. You could just tell he had been absolutely raging for about 3 months. Ended up with him making personal and public apologies 🙈

I remember that. Jock Strap was always polite to whoever but Rossy went overboard. 

I think it'd be harsh to judge him on today's result. I think the red made a massive difference and his own sending probably came from the overall pressure he's under. 

Not sure how much more can be expected of him with the budget constraints. 

2 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

I think it'd be harsh to judge him on today's result. I think the red made a massive difference and his own sending probably came from the overall pressure he's under. 

https://www.tamb.net/forum/index.php?/topic/12565-st-johnstone/

Edited by Ormond

2 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

To take up the serious point:

I’ll not duplicate the match thread, but yes, today’s result hinged on a few minutes in the 1st half, 2 debatable decisions, we’ll one debatable decision and one wrong one.

Robinson (much like Tommy Wright) has surely earned the right to have a bad run with 2 cup finals in his 1st full season?

Unfortunately Robinson’s “brand of football” can be pretty horrendous to watch, so it’s ok when it’s working and we’re “earning the rite to play”, but when it’s not getting results, it’s fuckin’ awful!

3 hours ago, McTeeko said:

Whatever happened to JS?

16 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

I'm NOT daft, mother had me tested. 

Theres clearly only one way to settle this Ormond.

I'm in Manchester at the moment so meet me in The Red Lion pub in half an hour for a square go. No excuses now.

😂😂

you blurted on the glenlivet?

24 minutes ago, Och Aye said:

I'm NOT daft, mother had me tested. 

Theres clearly only one way to settle this Ormond.

I'm in Manchester at the moment so meet me in The Red Lion pub in half an hour for a square go. No excuses now.

😂👍

1 hour ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Whatever happened to JS?

No sure. He kind of disappeared when Wibble was banned (good mates the two of them). 

Good lad Del, sent a 2014 Cup Final programme over to Ormond did he no?

Edited by McTeeko

3 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

No sure. He kind of disappeared when Wibble was banned (good mates the two of them). 

Good lad Del, sent a 2014 Cup Final programme over to Ormond did he no?

He did, aye. I met him in Portugal. Nice lad. Shame not to see him on here anymore. 

15 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

To take up the serious point:

I’ll not duplicate the match thread, but yes, today’s result hinged on a few minutes in the 1st half, 2 debatable decisions, we’ll one debatable decision and one wrong one.

Robinson (much like Tommy Wright) has surely earned the right to have a bad run with 2 cup finals in his 1st full season?

Unfortunately Robinson’s “brand of football” can be pretty horrendous to watch, so it’s ok when it’s working and we’re “earning the rite to play”, but when it’s not getting results, it’s fuckin’ awful!

Finally got to watch the highlights on the BBC site. At full speed the first one looked a foul and a booking but the replay doesn't really show it at all. Morellos certainly made a meal of it. 

The handball is a stonewall penalty but not sure if its a booking as I thought it had to be deliberate for that? 

Robinsons post match comments are very honest though. It's obvious even from the highlights that some of the players gave up. They were just looking to blame somebody else for their fuck ups. 

16 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The handball is a stonewall penalty but not sure if its a booking as I thought it had to be deliberate for that? 

It has to be deliberate to even be a foul.

Although it’s a rule that’s so badly applied, I think we should just do what they did in Spain. If it hits your hand, it’s handball, no grey area.

Robinson was very honest, my stream died at half time, and I decided that was a sign.

:lol:

We appear to have just capitulated in the 2nd half.

Just now, sbcmfc said:

It has to be deliberate to even be a foul.

Although it’s a rule that’s so badly applied, I think we should just do what they did in Spain. If it hits your hand, it’s handball, no grey area.

Robinson was very honest, my stream died at half time, and I decided that was a sign.

:lol:

We appear to have just capitulated in the 2nd half.

Probably a wise choice to not watch the second half. Unless you like horror films? 😀 

Don't think it was a deliberate handball but he did have his hands above his head as he slid in, so was definitely "in an unnatural position" which is where I thought the rule was. 🤔

17 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Don't think it was a deliberate handball but he did have his hands above his head as he slid in, so was definitely "in an unnatural position" which is where I thought the rule was. 🤔

Apparently the “unnatural position” thing is a bit of a myth, although it’s a useful measure to decide if it was ball to hand or hand to ball.

I suppose it is a natural position if you’re sliding to block a shot...

https://goo.gl/images/vkVpgN

https://goo.gl/images/NM331H

Here’s the EFA version:

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
  • touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
  • hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence

I've certainly had enough of Robinson and his 'style' of play...yes, he got us to two cup finals, and I enjoyed being part of those runs, but cup football isn't as important as the bread and butter of the league campaign. The league form under Robinson is as grim as fuck, and as a season ticket holder (that nearly didn't renew this season), the league is what I'm paying for up front...I know we won't win every game, and I know that we won't play well every week, but I'd like to see some decent fitba every now and again. That capitulation to Sevco was an utter red neck, and completely unacceptable. His set-up and formation (ie the same set-up and formation that we played against Dundee at home), was fucking nonsense and leaving Bowman and Main on after we went down to 10men, just shows that he isn't the cleverest fitba manager in the world. He can get tae fuck anytime.

As for the penalty and sending off, we all know that Craig Thompsons wife had an affair with a Motherwell fan, and hes taken every possible opportunity to fuck us all since then. The hand, wasn't in an 'unnatural position', as you cannae really slide along the grass with your hands in your pockets...it certainly wasn't deliberate either, so why McHugh was booked, I haven't a clue.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Here’s the EFA version:

HANDLING THE BALL

Handling the ball involves a deliberate act of a player making contact with the ball with the hand or arm.

The following must be considered:

• the movement of the hand towards the ball (not the ball towards the hand)
  • the distance between the opponent and the ball (unexpected ball)
  • the position of the hand does not necessarily mean that there is an offence
  • touching the ball with an object held in the hand (clothing, shinguard, etc.) is an offence
  • hitting the ball with a thrown object (boot, shinguard, etc.) is an offence

Think this rules out the unnatural position thing really. 

Maybe he does just hate Motherwell. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/11/2018 at 12:08 PM, McTeeko said:

Mr @jock strap has just messaged me to say he’s back and been scoping out the board again. 👍