Scottish Football TV Deal - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Scottish Football TV Deal

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/sport/football/3459660/sky-sports-100m-scottish-football-bt-sport-rights/

sky looking likely to get exclusive rights

Despite the increased money, I don't think this is a great idea. Sky's coverage is embarrassing and the pundits they get like lee mcculloch and kris boyd can barely string a sentence together.  I much prefer BT who give balanced coverage. Scottish football on sky is just a bog advert for the OF

It's a real shame that BT seem to be pulling out of the sport game. Their Scottish football coverage shits all over Sky's pathetic efforts. 

I'd like to think Sky would look to poach some of the BT staff and replace the wallopers like Boyd/Commons/Walker and, worst of all, Iain Crocker. Doubt it though. 

I read (The other day) some unofficial minutes (Notes) from a meeting between Fraser / Cormack & our new Commercial Director (Wickes?), and several hundred ST's / AberDNA ers,' that had Cormack saying to ignore (Take with a pinch of salt) this release as the clubs had seen nothing of it

Just sayin.....As like many, I hope(d) BT secure the contract (As long as the offer / package is right) too

If they weren’t all about short term gain, an inferior deal with BT might be better for the game and lead to better commercial deals in the future.

As others have said, they give good coverage and actually promote our game.

Sky are only interested in 2 teams and don’t even try to hide it.

2 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

If they weren’t all about short term gain, an inferior deal with BT might be better for the game and lead to better commercial deals in the future.

As others have said, they give good coverage and actually promote our game.

Sky are only interested in 2 teams and don’t even try to hide it.

Can't disagree with that. 

5 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Unfortunately the teams need the money, especially the clubs banking on Celtics champions league cash.

I don’t think anyone is banking on that, and if they are they deserve to go bust.

Celtic have had a decent run of qualifying, but the qualification is getting harder as the big teams try and pull up the ladder behind them.

Dunno how it works with Europa league? Do clubs get a (much smaller obviously) solidarity payment for that? Do you get 2 lots of that for both teams in Group stage?

10 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

I don’t think anyone is banking on that, and if they are they deserve to go bust.

Celtic have had a decent run of qualifying, but the qualification is getting harder as the big teams try and pull up the ladder behind them.

Dunno how it works with Europa league? Do clubs get a (much smaller obviously) solidarity payment for that? Do you get 2 lots of that for both teams in Group stage?

I'm guessing PIAK wasn't being serious there and more having a laugh at someone suggesting it on here a few days ago.

4 minutes ago, Bobby Russell's Lovechild said:

Scottish cup has gone to premier sports for 6 years. Hopefully some games will be on Freesport.

On another note, I see the Swedish league have agreed a deal worth £50million a season. Even the sky deal is £50million short of this!

when did that happen? if its done and dusted its a fucking disgrace, scottish football will then be spread across three subscription channels. 

1 minute ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Doesn't bother me, I go to the games. If it's gonna be on TV I'd rather we sold it to the higher bidder.

good for you, some of us can't get to games and selling it to the highest bidder and having scottish football spread over three different fee based channels is fleecing the scottish football fan