Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Chripper

Your line-up to play Albania and Israel

Recommended Posts

I think it's worth a mention how solid Tierney and Robbo have been in their presence in the Scotland squads. Often it's the "big stars" who are most likely to call off if they have any sort of niggle their club physio is worried about, but these two lads seem to have boundless energy and commitment. Even when being forced to play out of position. Both class acts. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, csinclair said:

You'd leave Fraser out even though he's probably the most in form player at present?

Yes - it's about creating a balanced team from the available resources.

If it wasn't then it wouldn't be 3-4-2-1 and Hendry wouldn't be anywhere near the line-up.

Needs dictate and it can only be one of Fraser and Forrest. Not both.

Just my opinion though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Barney Rubble said:

Yes - it's about creating a balanced team from the available resources.

If it wasn't then it wouldn't be 3-4-2-1 and Hendry wouldn't be anywhere near the line-up.

Needs dictate and it can only be one of Fraser and Forrest. Not both.

Just my opinion though.

In my opinion, if we can get Fraser playing well, we will see a massive improvement in the team. Personally, I think he is our best player and the team should be built to around him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, PASTA Mick said:

In my opinion, if we can get Fraser playing well, we will see a massive improvement in the team. Personally, I think he is our best player and the team should be built to around him. 

Fair enough.

I'm not fussed about which of Fraser or Forrest it is - a strong case could be made for either to be included.

But not both.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, bigfingers said:

We've had a lot of call offs but looking at the team now the only big losses for me are Mcginn, Griffiths and Naismith.

Be interesting to see who gives the ball away now that McGinn is absent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

McGregor

Paterson, McKenna, Tierney, Robertson

Armstrong, McGregor

Fraser, Christie, Fraser

Fletcher

And for what it's worth I'd have called up Darren Fletcher to replace McGinn.  Someone to protect that back four in midfield and provide leadership & experience on the pitch and in the dressing room.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Third Lanark said:

Be interesting to see who gives the ball away now that McGinn is absent.

It'll also be interesting to see who wins the ball back now that McGinn is absent :P

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, ThursoTA said:

McGregor

Paterson, McKenna, Tierney, Robertson

Armstrong, McGregor

Fraser, Christie, Fraser

Fletcher

And for what it's worth I'd have called up Darren Fletcher to replace McGinn.  Someone to protect that back four in midfield and provide leadership & experience on the pitch and in the dressing room.

 

We've had that many call-offs that Ryan Fraser is required on both wings

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

We've had a lot of call offs but looking at the team now the only big losses for me are Mcginn, Griffiths and Naismith.

I think Mulgrew's a big miss. The back line is very young and hasn't played together. Mulgrew's a steady head that would make us more secure i think.
Devlin's a miss as with the other withdrawls it would have been useful to at least have 2 clubmates in there to keep it a bit steadier.
O'Donnell's a miss as we no longer have a right back. I expect Tierney to play there, and that our right flank will be stifled as a result.

Snoddy wouldn't start for me, but if Forrest's pace isn't working then we need options off the bench who can offer something a little different, and Snoddy falls into that category.

So that's 7 that I think we'd certainly be better off with in the squad. A case can certainly be made for McDonald and Cairney too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ONeils4oyarder said:

We've had that many call-offs that Ryan Fraser is required on both wings

Should read Forrest, Christie, Fraser :spin:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally, I think we need to go with a 4-5-1 and there are 5 decisions to be made -

McGregor

Tierney   Defender   McKenna   Robertson

Centre-mid        McGregor      Centre-mid

Right-wing               Forward                   Fraser

  1. Pick between Hendry and Bates to play with McKenna in the middle.  
  2. Pick 1 from Armstrong, Christie, Shinnie and McTominay.  
  3. Pick another 1 from Armstrong, Christie, Shinnie and McTominay.  I'd be fairly happy with any combo other than Shinnie and McTominay.  
  4. Pick between Forrest and Phillips.  Possible GMS and move Fraser to the right.  Another option is Paterson or even Russell.
  5. Pick between McBurnie, Fletcher, Paterson or Russell.

Personally, this is what I'd go with -

McGregor

Tierney   Bates  McKenna   Robertson

Armstrong        McGregor      Christie

Forrest               Fletcher                   Fraser

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

I think it's worth a mention how solid Tierney and Robbo have been in their presence in the Scotland squads. Often it's the "big stars" who are most likely to call off if they have any sort of niggle their club physio is worried about, but these two lads seem to have boundless energy and commitment. Even when being forced to play out of position. Both class acts. 

Jinx!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm sorry but the commitment of our players is now a total farce

                     McGregor

Patterson Bates McKenna Robertson

            McGregor Armstrong

        Forrest Christie Mackay-Steven

                      McBurnie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We need to change the rules because this cant keep happening.

Regular call offs should result in a ban or suspension. We need players who actually want to play for the country. Guys like Matt Ritchie should never be picked again.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bigfingers said:

We need to change the rules because this cant keep happening.

Regular call offs should result in a ban or suspension. We need players who actually want to play for the country. Guys like Matt Ritchie should never be picked again.

That's a fun one.. Tierney might be injured so you have a pop at Ritchie. :D
The rules are still in place so they can't play the next club match if we so desire, right? Don't think it needs anything more than that.

The idea of bans or suspensions would just see absolutely everyone retire from international football at the age of 18.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, andyD said:

That's a fun one.. Tierney might be injured so you have a pop at Ritchie. :D
The rules are still in place so they can't play the next club match if we so desire, right? Don't think it needs anything more than that.

The idea of bans or suspensions would just see absolutely everyone retire from international football at the age of 18.

We need to apply the rules then

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×