Your line-up to play Albania and Israel - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Your line-up to play Albania and Israel

Chripper

11 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Absolute nonsense, we've capped far, far worse than Devlin.

He's a decent centre half

Agreed!  Add to the fact he'll be playing alongside his McKenna with the pair of them doing great for Aberdeen, it's not the worst option we've ever had!

1 hour ago, ProudScot said:

Jesus starting Devlin. This could be a new all time low.

Raft of call offs and guys not wanting to be in the squad again.. 

why would it be an all time low starting an on form defender from one of Scotland's bigger clubs?

McGregor

Tierney Devlin McKenna Robertson

McGregor McGinn

Christie/Phillips Armstrong Fraser

Paterson

Christie on the right is better than Forrest the spam wiper blade. I would go with Paterson instead of Fletcher, Paterson plays at a higher level, he's on form and his confidence will be high after Cardiff finally got a win. 

On ‎11‎/‎8‎/‎2018 at 4:02 PM, Chripper said:

McGregor

Devlin. McKenna. Bates

Phillips.                Robertson                         Tierney

Fraser.                     McGinn.

Paterson. Fletcher

(Updated)

I think I've come round to this now (definite starts in green😞

McGregor

Tierney - Devlin - McKenna - Robertson

McGinn - McGregor

Christie - Armstrong - Fraser

Paterson

From the squad as it is now, i'd probably go:

McGregor
Paterson - Devlin - McKenna - Robertson
Armstrong - Shinnie
GMS - Christie - Fraser
McBurnie

Back 4 with 2 infront gives us stability that we seriously need given recent defensive displays and our inability to control the game. McBurnie's in form with 3 in his last 2, and GMS, Christie and Fraser can mix it up really well. Shame we didn't call up an actual right back, but there we go.

McLeish will probably pick:

McGregor
Devlin - McKenna - Tierney
Forrest - Armstrong - McGregor - McGinn - Robertson
McBurnie - Phillips

And I expect us to finish 2nd as a result.

just as well mcdonald is not in the squad, struggle to think of any central midfielder we've had that's had such successively dire games for us and still started

get this 5-3-2 crap out the window, play the celtic formation and play as many of their outfield players in the team that are on form as possible 

mcgregor 

tierney two aberdeen boys robertson 

mcgregor mcginn

forrest         christie      fraser

fletcher  

easy, this team is solid good attaching team. no mcburnie, hes a lightweight kevin kyle/scot dobbie/steven thomson at the moment for scotland, no uncomfortable 5-3-2 formation that almost no teams play in modern football!!

37 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

just as well mcdonald is not in the squad, struggle to think of any central midfielder we've had that's had such successively dire games for us and still started

get this 5-3-2 crap out the window, play the celtic formation and play as many of their outfield players in the team that are on form as possible 

mcgregor 

mcgregor mcginn

fletcher  

easy, this team is solid good attaching team. no mcburnie, hes a lightweight kevin kyle/scot dobbie/steven thomson at the moment for scotland, no uncomfortable 5-3-2 formation that almost no teams play in modern football!!

What has Flecther done recently? Both Paterson and McBurnie are in better form with one playing at a much higher level

8 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

What has Flecther done recently? Both Paterson and McBurnie are in better form with one playing at a much higher level

he is far more experienced than both and has played in 2 of the top leagues in europe i wouldnt have him even in the squad usually but this is where we are. paterson has not played up front since he was young at hearts and is not good at holding the ball up, mcburnie has done nothing for us in the time he has had on the park and is too lightweight for a long striker. 

52 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

mcgregor 

mcgregor mcginn

fletcher  

I'd go with that with McBurnie as striker.

6 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

he is far more experienced than both and has played in 2 of the top leagues in europe i wouldnt have him even in the squad usually but this is where we are. paterson has not played up front since he was young at hearts and is not good at holding the ball up, mcburnie has done nothing for us in the time he has had on the park and is too lightweight for a long striker. 

...except for his last 6 games in one of the top leagues in word football, where he has scored 3 times.

7 minutes ago, LewisEDI said:

I take your point but I have to disagree, Fletcher is not exactly prolific with Scotland and hasn't played with Scotland for a while. I think you're being harsh n McBurnie, he's had 6 caps so far. He's scored three goals since the last international break and has 7 in 18 appearances for swansea. Fletcher has 3 goals this season, not much difference in terms of total goals but McBurnie is on better recent form. 

Paterson is playing at a better level than Fletcher and has scored 3 in 4 for Cardiff playing as a forward. 

Basing this on form I don't see Fletcher being the first or even second choice. I would counter your experience argument with Paterson currently playing in a better league. 

8 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

...except for his last 6 games in one of the top leagues in word football, where he has scored 3 times.

we need goals and our entire squad is starved of goals at a high level so we need to give ourselves the best chance of getting a goal, I think Paterson would provide that from the limited options we have

This demonstrates how much scotland needs a fully fit and scoring Leigh Griffiths ☹️