Athens - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Athens

1ANDYP

1 hour ago, 1ANDYP said:

Anyone else going via Athens ? We are there on the Thursday night.  Somewhere else I've never been. Looking forward to it. Hopefully a few decent pubs

Be careful with establishments known as "pubs"

@aaid

On the way back from Israel, Mrs Grim & I chilled out on the roof of the Hotel Byron.   Lovely.   Might be somewhat chillier come the Albania game, so wear a tank top or whatever.

If you want some exercise and a view, leg it up Mount Lycabettus.   Yeah, you can get a beer at the top too!

And of course, get the underground out to The Wee Dram for (in this case) up-market bevvy and a game on the telly. Sorted.

Edited by Grim Jim
Reason for edit? Cheers irnbruman for the tip.

15 minutes ago, 1ANDYP said:

That,'ll do for me. 

Good luck with that.  Went to the game in 1994.  Got rocks thrown at us at the U21 game, attacked at Symtega (sp) Square metro station on the way to the game, and then again on the metro on the way back.

i remember going into the toilets in a bar, not a "PUB", and there was so much shite smeared around it looked like an H-block dirty protest.

Another horrible place populated by horrible people. 

27 minutes ago, aaid said:

Good luck with that.  Went to the game in 1994.  Got rocks thrown at us at the U21 game, attacked at Symtega (sp) Square metro station on the way to the game, and then again on the metro on the way back.

i remember going into the toilets in a bar, not a "PUB", and there was so much shite smeared around it looked like an H-block dirty protest.

Another horrible place populated by horrible people. 

Can't wait now😨😨

You'll probably be fine, it was a long time ago and no doubt the fact we were playing them made us more of a target than if you are a random punter.  That said, it was a thoroughly unpleasant experience from start to finish and not somewhere I'm in any hurry to go back to.