Squad to play Albania and Israel - Page 13 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad to play Albania and Israel

PASTA Mick

7 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Time will tell but if we don't win tonight never mind Tuesday it's time for change. Even though i think it's time for change now, not just the manager but the suits as well, but i know that won't happen. Enjoy the game tonight, hopefully.

Fingers crossed. I'm having to miss it as son no 2 is playing in a fiddle rally at the Pleasance in Edinburgh tonight. 

Bloody weans. 😉

Hopefully it's a good one and we all get to rave about some tactical master stroke by McLeish. 🤔

5 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Fingers crossed. I'm having to miss it as son no 2 is playing in a fiddle rally at the Pleasance in Edinburgh tonight. 

Bloody weans. 😉

Hopefully it's a good one and we all get to rave about some tactical master stroke by McLeish. 🤔

Always said McLeish was the man for the job. :beer2:

2 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Aye, he is now one win away from getting a play off spot. So he has already achieved as much as Strachan did. Hopefully he can go one better on Tuesday.:beer2:

Israel are better than Albania though.

2 hours ago, Lairdyfaeinverclyde said:

Just back from the Fiddle Festival in Edinburgh. Absolutely fantastic night and made even better by the result tonight. 😁

And if you like Scots Trad music, check out Saltfish40. Absolutely brilliant. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Aye, he is now one win away from getting a play off spot. So he has already achieved as much as Strachan did. Hopefully he can go one better on Tuesday.:beer2:

Israel are better than Albania though.

They are but we are at home. 

We haven’t lost a competitive game at Hampden since Germany 2015. 

I don’t expect that to change on Tuesday although we do need to win the game. If Israel think they’ll get it as easy as they did in Haifa then they’re in for a shock.

Hopefully we’ll get a half decent crowd after tonight’s result as well which should help us. 

On 11/16/2018 at 12:06 PM, andyD said:

Kris Commons is a genius.

"Snodgrass has asked not to be picked due to an apparent ankle knock. But he’s fit enough to have played 15 times for West Ham this season. How does that work?"

The same Kris Commons who retired from international football to spend more time with family then first international break went away to Las Vegas

On 11/16/2018 at 6:14 PM, Debian said:

Andy Halliday is being called up. 

On 11/16/2018 at 6:22 PM, Debian said:

He's been asked to report for the home game along with Richard Foster.  

On 11/16/2018 at 6:28 PM, sbcmfc said:

Rangers have appealed it.

😛

I was a bit gutted that wasn’t true, as in my head my retort was comedy gold.

:lol:

Was it fake news or a wind up? I’d have gone Richard Tait over foster, but always been an admirer of foster.

9 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

I was a bit gutted that wasn’t true, as in my head my retort was comedy gold.

:lol:

Was it fake news or a wind up? I’d have gone Richard Tait over foster, but always been an admirer of foster.

Tait is dreadful. Be as well getting Eric Tait.

Edited by macy37

6 minutes ago, macy37 said:

Tait is dreadful. Be as well getting Eric Tait.

He’s been getting shunted about to accommodate Cadden at right back, as a right back I think Tait is Motherwells best, certainly most consistent outfield player.

I’m guessing you’ll have only seen him v Celtic, possibly at left back?

I have a feeling we will win tonight and put in a good performance. I don't know why but I do think we have the makings of a decent team and that with us missing a few key players. McLeish isn't everyone's cup of tea as we can clearly see by that other ridiculous thread and the comments in it but I really hope it succeeds.

5 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I have a feeling we will win tonight and put in a good performance. I don't know why but I do think we have the makings of a decent team and that with us missing a few key players. McLeish isn't everyone's cup of tea as we can clearly see by that other ridiculous thread and the comments in it but I really hope it succeeds.

I do know why we’ve got the makings of a good team, we’ve got some very good players - contrary to some of the nay-saying drivel posted on here. 

15 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

I do know why we’ve got the makings of a good team, we’ve got some very good players - contrary to some of the nay-saying drivel posted on here. 

Exactly, and the vast majority of the squad is aged 20-27 which is brilliant. Also don't remember the last time our squad looked so attacking (minus the centre forward issue of course). These lads could be a real solid unit going into the Euro qualifiers. Plenty to be optimistic about! 

20 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

We've got a strong midfield, but we're yet to see how a defensive mid pairing of Armstrong and McGregor holds up to a halfway decent opposition.
Striking options are still lacking, even if Griff hadn't made himself unavailable.
Defensively we're still pretty poor and vastly inexperienced. Ideally McKenna and Souttar can strike up a partnership, but we're still without a right back other than O'Donnell.

There's some potential, for sure, like you say "the makings of a good team", but we're still a ways off it seems.

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

We do have the makings of a good team. The frustration is it is the team plenty of people were posting on here when McLeish took over but it took him a good few matches and a load of injuries for him to realise it.

Anyway, a good performance and three points tonight and hopefully we are in a position to kick-on. Getting Fraser playing every match is vital. 

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

We do have the makings of a good team. The frustration is it is the team plenty of people were posting on here when McLeish took over but it took him a good few matches and a load of injuries for him to realise it.

Anyway, a good performance and three points tonight and hopefully we are in a position to kick-on. Getting Fraser playing every match is vital. 

Is it though? That team was missing Mulgrew, Girffiths, McGinn and Tierney so lets not pretend any of us had the first clue. Not one person would have had Fletcher as their striker, we all wanted a fit griffiths. Nobody would have picked bates either.