Squad to play Albania and Israel - Page 9 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad to play Albania and Israel

PASTA Mick

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

So one player then? Oh my god McLeish must be a monster. 

Pure and simple pish from the folk who didn't want him. So many folk are completely unwilling to support the team simply because they don't like McLeish. Utterly pathetic in my opinion. 

Just to be clear, I was only answering your question. I believe that the majority of the call-offs are down to genuine injury, though the threshold of a play-stopping injury may have been lowered in recent months. McLeish may not be the best man for the job, but I don't think there's a wide-scale player revolt against him.

McArthur I don't see as revolt, but I do think he should have stuck around for another, he may have found himself as a guaranteed starter.  Snodgrass - I suspect there is some revolt in there, he was called up but never played.  All of these call offs - there may be some exaggeration but it is all speculation.   

As far as all of the squad activity, I reckon, Christie, Shinnie and Fraser are guaranteed starting in midfield. Two of those are bang in form, and Shinnie has an opportunity to step up.

Up front - Fletcher is hardly in a prolific spell but his hold up play is better than McBurnie's - I think both McGregor's will start obviously.  

We need to be ruthless and take our chances.  

8 hours ago, romanticscot said:

McArthur I don't see as revolt, but I do think he should have stuck around for another, he may have found himself as a guaranteed starter.  Snodgrass - I suspect there is some revolt in there, he was called up but never played.  All of these call offs - there may be some exaggeration but it is all speculation.   

As far as all of the squad activity, I reckon, Christie, Shinnie and Fraser are guaranteed starting in midfield. Two of those are bang in form, and Shinnie has an opportunity to step up.

Up front - Fletcher is hardly in a prolific spell but his hold up play is better than McBurnie's - I think both McGregor's will start obviously.  

We need to be ruthless and take our chances.  

I am led to believe from a Hampden insider, that a friend knows, the reason behind Snoddy's absense is akin to a revolt against the management team.

Allegedly in our last match Snoddy advised that he had a niggling injury.  He was spparently then asked if he would take an injection to allow him to play, which he apparently agreed to. Then was not selected.

The story goes that he was mightily pissed off as he risked further injury or damage through having this injection, thus a potential threat to his club fitness. 

Could well be total nonsense, however, if there is ANY truth to it, then it is an awful situation. 

11 minutes ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

I am led to believe from a Hampden insider, that a friend knows, the reason behind Snoddy's absense is akin to a revolt against the management team.

Allegedly in our last match Snoddy advised that he had a niggling injury.  He was spparently then asked if he would take an injection to allow him to play, which he apparently agreed to. Then was not selected.

The story goes that he was mightily pissed off as he risked further injury or damage through having this injection, thus a potential threat to his club fitness. 

Could well be total nonsense, however, if there is ANY truth to it, then it is an awful situation. 

We Luv.....if this is true then I not only understand his position and I would understand the reaction from his colleagues also. If this is true, then the guy needs to go. Football is after all only a sport and personal injury can affect a player after they have retired.

I wonder, should Snoddy go public? 

10 hours ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

There was something mentioned about this on talksport recently, may have been Snoddy himself actually. Was pretty much the above. His big concern seemed to be risking his relationship with West Ham just as he's got himself back in the good books with them.  

Despising McLeish more by the minute. How hard is it to just call up a right back in case something like this happened.
Paterson at right back then.. who will be rusty as hell given he's been playing centerforward for the last couple of months and it's 2 years since he regularly played right back.

MISSING PLAYER

Gordon, McLaughlin; O'Donnell, Mulgrew, Devlin, Berra, Souttar, Hanley, Douglas, Tierney, Snodgrass, McGinn, McDonald, Cairney, McLean, Brown, McArthur, Ritchie; Naismith, Griffiths.

I think this squad of players is better than what has travelled to Albania.  

Well one things for certain and that's we have a fight on our hands.

I've been thinking about other campaigns where we have needed to perform in our final btwo games to either qualify or advance to a play iff.

Georgia and Italy, and Slovakia and Slovenia come to mind but there may be others.

I would take these two games coming up as being easier, even with our current squad.

We can do it.

4 minutes ago, romanticscot said:

Well one things for certain and that's we have a fight on our hands.

I've been thinking about other campaigns where we have needed to perform in our final btwo games to either qualify or advance to a play iff.

Georgia and Italy, and Slovakia and Slovenia come to mind but there may be others.

I would take these two games coming up as being easier, even with our current squad.

We can do it.

Not a fucking chance. We’ll do well to get 2 points.

20 hours ago, mrniaboc said:

Just to be clear, I was only answering your question. I believe that the majority of the call-offs are down to genuine injury, though the threshold of a play-stopping injury may have been lowered in recent months. McLeish may not be the best man for the job, but I don't think there's a wide-scale player revolt against him.

No problem. I'm just fed up with all the moaning that McLeish has lost the dressing room when its just nonsense. 

He should’ve called up more people as back ups if people have been carrying knocks, thinking liam Lindsay ( had a decent season last year and playing weekly) as a shout. Couple of knocks during game and we are shifting players well out of position.

I'm not sure about that either. He can play.left back, so can he play at right back? As much as Tierney is suited for right back in my book just not as attacking. 

I think we will park the bus tomorrow and play long balls, and I don't think Albania are an attacking threat.