Squad to play Albania and Israel - Page 7 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Squad to play Albania and Israel

PASTA Mick

18 minutes ago, mrniaboc said:

I have no idea how to rank Cairney against our other midfielders, but I do know that only a couple of months ago he was getting rave reviews for his excellent form in the EPL, then sadly he got injured. He may not be interested in us, though that hasn't been reported by anyone, including himself. He may not be as good as our other options, though it's hard to tell right now. I'd love to see him hit his best form and fitness and join the Scotland squad. We need lads fighting for places, not just walking into them because there are no other options.

There was a discussion on Five Live  and they mentioned Cairney and how important he is to Fulham, mentioned him coming back from injury and no mention of England. If he was playing regularly and putting in good performances he would be in the squad. As it is Jack and Mctominay called up as they provide defensive cover whereas that is not Cairneys role

1 hour ago, PASTA Mick said:

I can't see it.  It's a bit late to be calling up players for an away game on Saturday. 

Maybe, since it didn't happen today. A call on Thursday seems late.

The thing is, when he was saying Jack had been called up he was talking about how versatile he was and suggesting he might be going to do a job in defense. That made me think we might play a back 4.. but now if we do that we've got Tierney at right back, which is passable, but if he gets a knock, then what? bates at right back? yeah, good luck david, have a great debut.

it all just seems unnecessarily negligent.

1 hour ago, WeLuvIrnBru said:

McLeish has lost the players and the fans.  Time to get rid after these 2 games, regardless of results.  We are going nowhere but obscurity.

I can accept that he's lost the fans, however, what I can't accept is him "losing the players".

At the end of the day, the players aren't playing for Alex McLeish, they're playing for the fans, themselves, their families and their nation. If you are correct that the players are pulling out as a direct hit on Alex McLeish, those players should never be given the honour of wearing a Scotland jersey ever again, 

I have to say, though, it sure as hell looks that way. I suppose we'll know who's injured and who isn't, come their next league match. Of the ones who have pulled out injured; the ones who have pulled out to "work on their fitness" are long gone to us. "Working on their fitness"... deary me, you'd think they spent half their days down the mines or doing a real job!

Guest ElChris04

As mentioned by another guy on here he should have already been giving the sack with last months batch off games. He’s clueless and sent our national team backwards to the preistoric period with his “tactics”. Genuinely believe he doesn’t know what he’s doing half the time the man is just clueless. But realistically I want him sacked any less than 2 wins and he deserves the boot. He’s embarrassed us enough. 

Guest ElChris04
5 hours ago, Chripper said:

I can accept that he's lost the fans, however, what I can't accept is him "losing the players".

At the end of the day, the players aren't playing for Alex McLeish, they're playing for the fans, themselves, their families and their nation. If you are correct that the players are pulling out as a direct hit on Alex McLeish, those players should never be given the honour of wearing a Scotland jersey ever again, 

I have to say, though, it sure as hell looks that way. I suppose we'll know who's injured and who isn't, come their next league match. Of the ones who have pulled out injured; the ones who have pulled out to "work on their fitness" are long gone to us. "Working on their fitness"... deary me, you'd think they spent half their days down the mines or doing a real job!

Nah man. Have to disagree, to have a good national team you have to have a manger who knows how to set up a team so of course it’s normal if he’s lost the dressing room with his worse than awful tactics regardless off how big an honour it is to pull on your country’s jersey.

2 minutes ago, Debian said:

I'd rather the SFA admit they got it wrong and put him and us out of our misery.  

As it stands, I've no idea who isnleft in the squad or what we will put out.  

Yup, I’m on the plane just about to depart and I have no idea who is now in the squad from the original announced last week 🤷🏼‍♂️

2 minutes ago, McTeeko said:

Yup, I’m on the plane just about to depart and I have no idea who is now in the squad from the original announced last week 🤷🏼‍♂️

Gareth Williams is hanging about security with his boots... Should we be worried?