TICKET PICK-UP IN ALBANIA - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

TICKET PICK-UP IN ALBANIA

BUFF 1875

2 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Ticket collection on the Friday is between 9pm and 11pm. Aye, very fucking good :lol:

Tirana International Hotel, Scanderbeg Square.

Just noticed that.

Two tickets, two pints and a kebab please.

Thats me going for a Saturday collection.

J 

4 hours ago, Ally boy 69 said:

Pick up options seem fair enough, allowing plenty time for folk to get them, went smoothly enough in Israel so hopefully same here, never an issue for me to pick up.

Not so sure.

We'll see!!!! :oops:

In Israel it was only the lead named booker who had to collect for everyone in their group and also there were less tickets sold. 

2,100 tickets sold for this one so even if everyone only takes 45 seconds each on average to collect that equates to 1 person having to give out tickets non stop for over 26 hours.

Think we all might  need a bit of patience.

Can see Friday especially being a bit chaotic with the late start time.

9 hours ago, Tartan_McCole said:

Ticket collection on the Friday is between 9pm and 11pm. Aye, very fucking good :lol:

Tirana International Hotel, Scanderbeg Square.

So assuming all the SFA staff are on the same flight that will mean the team are arriving at the last minute again. Its hardly the ideal preparation for what the assistant manager has quite rightly described as a must win game

13 hours ago, Catchart Circle said:

Not so good if you are staying in Shkoder like me.

I hate waiting too close to kick off time and would much rather collect it earlier.

It cant be helped though if the SFA staff are based in Tirana

Ditto. I guess similar to Israel that there was more pick up flexibility in Tel Aviv ebing that's where everyone gravitates to.

On the plus side the stadium at Shkoder actually seems like it can't be more than a 15minute walk from the centre so should be handy enough to get down there.

Assuming the staff are in the hotel anyway...Why not earlier on the Saturday, the majority of punters will be heading at that window. Re Haifa, SFA staff were an hour late getting there, nobody had a clue where the tickets were to be uplifted Israelis or SFA security that turned up,  and their was nothing to do for an hour. We had nipped out to stadium, get ticket then back to town for a few. Lead booker picking up, worked well in Israel, reducing numbers. They should take our views on board.    Ps    I have my home end ticket sitting on the fireplace. that took 2mins to print off.

5 hours ago, N4Footsoldier said:

Ditto. I guess similar to Israel that there was more pick up flexibility in Tel Aviv ebing that's where everyone gravitates to.

On the plus side the stadium at Shkoder actually seems like it can't be more than a 15minute walk from the centre so should be handy enough to get down there.

Same for me - that irritates me (I'm being polite)  - two pick up times no where near where the game is actually being played and only one right before the match in the town where the game is being played !!!! OK I know loads are flying to Tirana but there's also a fair few flying in to Podgorica and surely there'll also be a good crowd wanting the be in Shkoder the day before the match.

I try not to have a go at them (that's too easy and it's not the people on the ground's fault) but could it be that the SFA weren't as clued up as the supporters and had Tirana arrangements and hotels booked up before the actual venue was announced ???? Nah, surely not !? 

32 minutes ago, WeeJohnny said:

Same for me - that irritates me (I'm being polite)  - two pick up times no where near where the game is actually being played and only one right before the match in the town where the game is being played !!!! OK I know loads are flying to Tirana but there's also a fair few flying in to Podgorica and surely there'll also be a good crowd wanting the be in Shkoder the day before the match.

I try not to have a go at them (that's too easy and it's not the people on the ground's fault) but could it be that the SFA weren't as clued up as the supporters and had Tirana arrangements and hotels booked up before the actual venue was announced ???? Nah, surely not !? 

A

Edited by hawickta

The vast majority of fans are staying in Tirana, as Davy has 26 buses running from there, so most, if not all of these could pick up in Tirana. There will be other folk staying in Tirana and making other arrangements to get to Shkoder, meaning only at a maximum of 800 or so will need to pick up on the day at the match.

1 hour ago, mariokempes56 said:

This was the email I got .

Collection Details

Tirana
Friday, 16 November: 9pm to 11pm
Saturday, 17 November: 10am to 2.30pm

Tirana International Hotel
Scanderbeg Square
Tirana

Shkodër
Saturday, 17 November: 6.15pm to 8.45pm

That pick-up in Shkoder will be fun. A lot of guys itching to get in the ground before kick off who have decided to leave it to getting to Shkoder will be interesting.

Edited by Ormond

On 11/7/2018 at 1:26 PM, GHfaeGTA said:

No mention of needing passport to get into ground as had been suggested so I assume that will not be necessary?

Look at FCO travel advice for Albania. Embassy in Tirana has specific advice for this game. It says no admission without passport/ID.