European super league - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

European super league

The BBC are reporting (https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46078651) that it would include: AC Milan, Arsenal, Barcelona, Bayern Munich, Chelsea, Juventus, Liverpool, Manchester City, Manchester United, Paris St-Germain and Real Madrid. Those eleven would not face relegation and would be guaranteed membership for twenty years. Five "initial guest teams", apparently Atletico Madrid, Borussia Dortmund, Inter Milan, Marseille and Roma, would be involved to make a sixteen team league.

In the same report:

The level of corruption is repulsive and I hope the narcissistic, rapacious cuntbags that are controlling these clubs enjoy their fumigated, gentrified, synthetic bodge job; they'll destroy the soul of the sport.

Given they are now out in the open over this would imply they have already got tv deals provisionally sorted.

Will UEFA (and member FAs) do anything to stop them? The example of English Premier Lge suggests not.

But ideally all such clubs should be excluded henceforth from all competitions within their respective countries and be made very unwelcome if they ever ask to rejoin.

FA's could also refuse to select any players at those clubs for national duty.

So let these clubs f*ck off and enjoy their greedy millions and billions, but make them suffer every consequence possible and ostracise them from the rest of football forever.

2 minutes ago, buckielugger said:

The example of English Premier Lge suggests not.

I think the key differences there are that they had the support of the English FA, who it was determined had the ultimate responsibility for clubs in the High Court, and it was maintaining the existing national boundaries of football - in effect a transfer of who governed the top clubs.

14 minutes ago, buckielugger said:

But ideally all such clubs should be excluded henceforth from all competitions within their respective countries and be made very unwelcome if they ever ask to rejoin.

FA's could also refuse to select any players at those clubs for national duty.

This. It would be brilliant if UEFA/FIFA banned those players from playing in their competitions, but it wouldn't happen because it would affect their revenue streams.

Founder teams that can't be relegated for 20 years. What a shocking idea. 

The best part about PSG financial doping is watching them getting spanked in the champions League. 

I'm already losing interest in the English and European football as it's getting to the point where the players are so good it's not fun to watch. 22 footballing robots not making any mistakes and balancing off to a 0 0 draw doesn't hold a candle to an SPL scrapy game with wild challenges, crazy goals and a big fight at the end. It might not be how it's supposed to be but it's bloody entertaining

Would it really make money? With nobody being relegated other than the same 5 clubs it would be as boring as hell. 

Even the CL is more interesting than that, and it's ditchwater dull. 

I actually prefer the Europa League and not just because the Scottish clubs are in it. It's more competitive and entertaining. 

It's certainly a league I'd never watch.