Team/crowd for Albania and Isreal - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Team/crowd for Albania and Isreal

jamboman

2 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

I wouldn't be surprised if we beat Albania and the fans start to get a wee bit excited again. That might get us up to 35-40,000 for the Israel game. Which we will draw and Israel beat us on the head to head.

That would not surprise me in the slightest with the exception of the crowd. I'd be surprised if it tops 25k.

Actually very impressed by McGregor in the Scott Brown role for Celtic recently, maybe him with McGinn beside him for a bit of dig as the two holding players and Armstrong further forward could work. I would also go with Fraser and Forrest out wide, why I keep persisting with Forrest I don't know but he has got qualities that we need and hopefully at some point he will start showing it. Stevie Fletcher will be the focal point up front. He's not a great goalscorer for Scotland but hopefully he can bring others into play. Robbi left back, Tierney Right back, McKenna and Mulgrew centre half. Shagger in goals. 

5 hours ago, bazmidd said:

Actually very impressed by McGregor in the Scott Brown role for Celtic recently, maybe him with McGinn beside him for a bit of dig as the two holding players and Armstrong further forward could work. I would also go with Fraser and Forrest out wide, why I keep persisting with Forrest I don't know but he has got qualities that we need and hopefully at some point he will start showing it. Stevie Fletcher will be the focal point up front. He's not a great goalscorer for Scotland but hopefully he can bring others into play. Robbi left back, Tierney Right back, McKenna and Mulgrew centre half. Shagger in goals. 

The anchorman position is a specialized one, it's one thing doing it against domestic clubs who have no transfer budget, it's quite another taking the leap to international football. I honestly don't think any of our midfielders have the calmness, the composure, the skillset and the intelligence to be able play in the anchorman position.

8 hours ago, Chripper said:

The anchorman position is a specialized one, it's one thing doing it against domestic clubs who have no transfer budget, it's quite another taking the leap to international football. I honestly don't think any of our midfielders have the calmness, the composure, the skillset and the intelligence to be able play in the anchorman position.

It's funny though that out of all the Midfielders we have avaipable Calum McGregor is the only one who actually shows anything remotely close to all of those traits that are required

Shagger; KT, McKenna, Mulgrew, Robertson; McGregor, McGinn; Snodgrass/Forrest, Armstrong, Fraser; Griffiths/S.Fletcher (yes I know, not a massive fan either but McBurnie has looked well off the pace).

4-2-3-1, McGregor in the sitting role given how well he has done for Celtic there. Back to the more trusted formations, try to be bright and sharp on the attacking front, attack with pace. KT to right back for the good of the team.

So most of this will be the opposite to what McLeish does.

Sub 20,000 v Israel.

No idea why McLeish has only picked three natural center backs. If I was in charge I would use this opportunity to experiment (If not now then when?) and play Andrew Robertson as an anchorman. Before anyone ridicules the sheer notion, there's been precedence for teams to turn fullbacks into anchormen: Philipp Lahm, David Alaba. I think Robertson has the engine, he takes better care of the ball than any of our other midfielders and I think he has the class.

McGregor

Devlin. McKenna. Mulgrew

O'Donnell.               Robertson                                 Tierney

Fraser.                     McGinn.

Paterson. Fletcher

Edited by Chripper

Don't know if you're joking but i will roll with it... by playing Robertson in holding midfield (a position he has never played, btw) you take away his single greatest attribute.  His engine and ability to get up and down the outside and cross the ball would be utterly wasted. 

If you were to play one of the fullbacks there it would be Tierney, although i would argue that would be pointless as well.

25 minutes ago, runningtings said:

Chipper I've noticed that your posts contain a lot of nonsense, not sure if its a wind up or not...

Oh god, here we go. 🙄

Why is it people in today's society view "thinking outside the box" as a wind up? If you don't agree with my opinions then fine, that's completely your prerogative. I consider it a hand-handed compliment that you take note of my posts, as I don't think I've ever noticed yours.

Yeah, when it comes to Scotland I'm an inch away from packing it all in, so no, no wind ups at all. If you don't agree with me all you have to do is open your mind to the possibility that people are able to think differently.