McArthur Retires - Page 2 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

McArthur Retires

Rab The Crab

3 hours ago, vanderark14 said:

Excellent post, the only correction i would add is McArthur won't play 40-50 games a season.  He will play 30-40.

Its the new breed of player, those who complain about being away from family for a couple of days, they live in a fantasy world

Are you suggesting they don't miss their family? Or that because they earn 100k a week that they are unable to feel emotional being away from their family and kids for a sustained period?

Always disappointing to lose a player. McArthur like so many of his era and the era before never really threatened to get us to a major tournament. Ultimately an international career that will barely be remembered.

The concerning thing is the number of players making themselves unavailable in this manager's time in charge. Pretty worrying.

5 hours ago, Mox said:

Are you suggesting they don't miss their family? Or that because they earn 100k a week that they are unable to feel emotional being away from their family and kids for a sustained period?

No that’s not what I’m suggesting 

Edited by vanderark14

33 minutes ago, KirkieRobRoy said:

Was a superstar in the making, allegedly, when he was a young player but developed to be just OK. As will many of our current promising youngsters.

Bloody hell! I don't know about that! He was hardly a young Iniesta or Xavi.

He played for my home town team, so I saw him on a regular basis. He was a good youngster with the potential to be a good player. McCarthy was always the better talent, even though he was younger than McArthur, but I wouldn't even say that McCarthy was a superstar in the making, either. Both were good youngsters and both have fulfilled their potential.

I wish McArthur the best for the future.

6 hours ago, Chripper said:

Bloody hell! I don't know about that! He was hardly a young Iniesta or Xavi.

He played for my home town team, so I saw him on a regular basis. He was a good youngster with the potential to be a good player. McCarthy was always the better talent, even though he was younger than McArthur, but I wouldn't even say that McCarthy was a superstar in the making, either. Both were good youngsters and both have fulfilled their potential.

I wish McArthur the best for the future.

obviously neither were superstars in the making as neither have become superstars

why he has chucked his international career i dont know

they would have been the biggest games he could have played in the time he has left

he plays for crystal palace and seems to have forgotten that fact