Glenn Hoddle - Page 3 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

12 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

The problem is Scotty, its not the truth.

The real problem is that you won't acknowledge the truth. If you acknowledge creation, then why can't you acknowledge the Creator?

"For His invisible attributes, namely, His eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse." Romans 1:20

If you acknowledge creation, then why can't you acknowledge the Creator?

85318835.jpg

You have no evidence...

I have loads of evidence, and creation is PROOF of a Creator.

As was what Hoddle said. There's as much truth in what he said as in what you say. 

I have a 100% accurate prophecy record to go by.

Hoddle would have zilch too go by.

My brother has cerebral palsy and is a far nicer person than me, which isn't that hard really. 😀  

I'm sorry to hear that. (God Bless him.)

-------------------------------------------------------------

Jesus marvelled at 2 things. Quite incredibly... faith, and lack of faith.

Two Things Jesus Marvelled At

And There Ain’t No Neutral Ground!

by Pastor John Hamel

“And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him,  And saying, Lord, my servant lies at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. …Jesus said unto him, I will come and heal him.  The centurion answered…Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.  For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goes; and to another, Come, and he comes; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it.  When Jesus heard it, he MARVELLED, and said … I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel.” (Matthew 8:5-10)

One day a Roman soldier approached Jesus.  He had a servant whom he loved who was terribly sick.  The soldier besought Jesus’ miracle touch on his behalf.  Now, Romans weren’t known for having faith in Jesus or any of the Hebrew Prophets.  However, this man was quite different than most of his peers.  

When Jesus offered to walk to his home and heal his servant, the man replied, in essence, “Oh, no, Lord.  Save yourself a trip.  I think I know how faith works.  Tell me if I’m correct.  I have men under me who obey me because Caesar has given me authority over them.  If they disobey me, retribution will come from Caesar, not me.  I figure faith works the same way.  

"You get Your authority from God.  The demons that made my servant sick are under You.  They must obey You or retribution will come from Your Father, to Whom You submit.  So save yourself a trip.  Give the faith command right here.  There’s apparently no distance in the spirit realm.  The demons will obey You or ‘heads will roll,’ so to speak!  Am I right or what?”

Jesus was amazed and “marveled” at this “outsider’s” understanding of how faith works and said so!  He actually said that it was one of the most accurate interpretations of faith principles that He had ever heard.  

You can believe like this man believed.  You can see the miraculous as well.  That man’s servant was miles away from Jesus, yet he was healed within the hour.  All because his Boss simply released his faith in Jesus’ miracle working ability.

There is another place in the Bible where Jesus “marvelled” as well.  One day He returned to His hometown and held a meeting in the local Synagogue.  The “locals” were offended by both His wisdom and His miracles and said so.  “Who does He think He is?  We knew Him as a boy when he and his friends were having olive fights in the vineyards!”  They rejected His Deity because of His humanity.  Their unbelief limited what this Miracle Worker could do for them.  The Bible says so in Mark, chapter six.

Vss.5,6 “And he could there do no mighty work, save that he laid his hands upon a few sick folk, and healed them. And He MARVELED because of their unbelief …”  

I would like to ask you a question.  Is Jesus marveling at your faith or your unbelief today?  You either believe His claims to Deity and the miracles that back Him up or you don’t!   

Bob Dylan, in his wonderful Bible song, “Slow Train Coming”, said so succinctly, “You either got faith or you got unbelief and there ain’t no neutral ground!”  

Whenever someone says, “Jesus, You’re my choice as Savior, Liberator, Deliverer and Healer” He MARVELS at their faith. (Romans 10:13)  

Whenever someone says, “Sorry, I don’t buy it” He MARVELS at their unbelief.  Unbelief severely limits His ability to help folks.  

Faith, on the other hand, unleashes ALL of Heaven’s resources! (Hebrews 11:6)

13 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Nobody knows the truth about what comes after life, if anything, as whatever happens they don't appear to let you pop back for a chat. . 

One can't have that sort of proof for their faith.

Faith ceases to be faith upon 'proof'.

We are saved by faith, and if God gave us the sort of proof that you are asking for He would be removing the only means by which you can be saved.

If millions can be saved by faith then so can you.

(The stumbling block isn't so much your head, but your heart.)

13 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Edit = forgot to say I hope he recovers fully.  

Absolutely.

56 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

My dad's CoS (but doesn't go) and my mum is RC (goes every week) and I always find the RC services whether it's a wedding/funeral or whatever are all a bit more relaxed/less serious than CoS.

The piss ups afterwards are always better too!

Strange how people have different perceptions as my (admittedly limited - on both sides) experience would be the opposite.  I find an RC mass all a bit perplexing and seems very regimented (stand up, sit down, repeat this etc).

5 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Strange how people have different perceptions as my (admittedly limited - on both sides) experience would be the opposite.  I find an RC mass all a bit perplexing and seems very regimented (stand up, sit down, repeat this etc).

Probably depends very much on the minister/priest.

Our local CoS one is a bit preachy and dull and tends to drag on a bit, yet contrary to what I’d been warned, the catholic one is pretty short and sweet. I always find it amusing too, as it’s father jack sitting in a chair while Dougal conducts the service.

Always find the Catholic Church has more families, whereas the CoS one is full of old people.

And the catholics definitely do the best after party. :lol:

45 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

I agree with that...while I find religion pretty baffling, the Catholic branch seem to overdo the Hocus Pocus routine for me. CoS is definitely more 'boring' (for want of a better descriptive word), sing a few hymns, listen to a couple of prayers and then you're up the road...the RC version, stand-up, sit-doon, shout back at the priest, shake hauns with the person beside you, stand-up, sit-doon, come and get a wafer etc etc, sing a few songs, listen to a couple of prayers, fill the place with smoke, shout back at the priest, then up the road.

50 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Our local CoS one is a bit preachy and dull and tends to drag on a bit, yet contrary to what I’d been warned, the catholic one is pretty short and sweet. I always find it amusing too, as it’s father jack sitting in a chair while Dougal conducts the service.

Always find the Catholic Church has more families, whereas the CoS one is full of old people.

Yes we do! 😂

Just now, Squirrelhumper said:

It's a christening at the Pineapple I used to go to and my mum still does.

3 of my mates had RC christenings during summer there, not one of them called it a baptism.  

Pineapple. Not heard that one for yonks. My Proddy Grandfaither used to wind me up about it when I went as a bairn. 👍😂

1 hour ago, sbcmfc said:

We got married in a church pretty much to keep my other half's old boy happy as he's quite active in said church.  I found it hilarious that the Minister (CoS) seemed to be unable to say the word "Jesus".  I can't do it any justice written down but it was something along the lines of "Jaaaaezuuusss".  Now as you can imagine that name is said quite a lot during a ceremony so it was pretty hard to keep a straight face during proceedings and I heard more than a few titters from the congregation behind me as well!

18 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

We got married in a church pretty much to keep my other half's old boy happy as he's quite active in said church.  I found it hilarious that the Minister (CoS) seemed to be unable to say the word "Jesus".  I can't do it any justice written down but it was something along the lines of "Jaaaaezuuusss".  Now as you can imagine that name is said quite a lot during a ceremony so it was pretty hard to keep a straight face during proceedings and I heard more than a few titters from the congregation behind me as well!

Funny wee things like that stick in the memory and make it nice looking back for you and your Mrs though. 👍😊

26 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

It's good that she'll have something to look back at in smile in a few years.....

I wis merrit fae a huge, fat black wifie who spent mair time giggling at my kilt than reciting the words she wis meant tae. 😂

58 minutes ago, ger intae them said:

You used to be kimba-lite... but you've let yourself slip to kimba-max.

Glenda Hoddle apparently responding to treatment.

Good news that he's responding well. Watched the video someone posted earlier in this thread and some of the goals he scored were things of true beauty. 

8 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Are you a mystery shopper ?