Glenn Hoddle - Page 4 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

15 hours ago, Ormond said:

Baptism=Jungle Jims

Christening=proddies.

Biblical baptism only occurs when the person being baptised does so willingly and is old enough to understand the event.

There is no record of babies or infants being baptised in the Bible.

Jesus, Himself, was 30 years old when baptised by His cousin, John.

A 'Christening' is a non-Biblical event where the child's ('Christian') name is announced to the church and the parents (much like at a non-Biblical baby dedication) promise to raise their child according to God's Word.

12 hours ago, ger intae them said:

You used to be kimba-lite... but you've let yourself slip to kimba-max.

No, I've been here over a decade longer.

(You should see me when I get going.)

12 hours ago, Ormond said:

Scotty’s not even close. Scotty’s genuine. 

:ok:

Real name, real photographs, real location, real worldview.

2 hours ago, Maddog said:

What God says:

Eph 1:13 In whom ye also TRUSTED, after that ye heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation (1 Cor 15:3-4, Romans 4:25, Romans 5:1)  whom also after that ye BELIEVED, ye were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise, 14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance until the redemption  of the purchased possession, unto the praise HIS glory.  

Trusting in the death, burial and resurrection of Jesus Christ as atonement for your sins saves souls, taking you from being in Adam to in Christ.  It is not about doing things, it is about believing.

What Scotty and apostate Christendom (Churchianity) say:

yes but...but....unless you attend church, give them money, and behave in the rules we say, then sadly, Jesus won’t save you - you were “never really saved at all”. You will have to get saved again, and again, by believing properly and doing what the church says...then you will be fine......maybe

Scotty doesn’t believe that a person is saved if they don’t follow certain rules that his church makes.  I on the other hand  believe God and His Word, not apostate Churchianity that is all about making money.  Churchianity have another (false) gospel that makes them accursed, another Jesus and another spirit.  

Check out saints such as Right Divider on you tube for the truth and sound doctrine for this dispensation of grace.

Sorry, couldn’t post on my own id since i got banned. Ok,  this saint is outta here.😊

Far be it from me to defend Scotty but I thought he was a follower of an organised religion (churchianity). I'm sure he'll correct me if I've misunderstood. 

However, I do agree with your basic point. Churches and the big religions are just about population control. They may have started with a pure purpose but over time as with everything people are involved in, they became corrupt and the opposite of the published goals. 

1 hour ago, ger intae them said:

.... i'm kimba... I'm kimba... noh I'm kimba... shut it, I'm kimba... noh, you shut it ya daftie, I'm kimba!

Maybe it's more Legion than multi-Kimba? 😀 

Or poor old Smeagol and Gollum? 

6 hours ago, Maddog said:

What Scotty and apostate Christendom (Churchianity) say:

yes but...but....unless you attend church, give them money, and behave in the rules we say, then sadly, Jesus won’t save you - you were “never really saved at all”. You will have to get saved again, and again, by believing properly and doing what the church says...then you will be fine......maybe

Scotty doesn’t believe that a person is saved if they don’t follow certain rules that his church makes.  

And of course (once again) saying that I believe those things isn't true.

You do ramble on unnecessarily.

As previously stated many times... we agree on mostly everything except I believe that if a person is truly saved then there should be some type of a RESPONSE to having the Holy Spirit in their heart.

That would be GOD (pause) coming into your heart.

I mean, how couldn't there be a change?

We agree that we are saved by grace through faith, and not by works, but what then?

What's the RESPONSE?

Mine is to try and walk with God and serve Him the best I can.

You continue to come across as aggressive, Jude.

Where's the love?

You had one friend/supporter on this board and you turned on him (me) because of one point.

I'm flawed, but I'm doing my best.

God says to go to church, so I go to church.

God says to get baptised, so I got baptised.

God says He loves a joyful giver, so I give joyfully.

You seem to confuse works with obedience.

My advice would be to get God's Word from your head... in to your heart.

4 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

Far be it from me to defend Scotty but I thought he was a follower of an organised religion (churchianity). I'm sure he'll correct me if I've misunderstood. 

My non-denominational Bible-believing church (although part of a 'fellowship') functions independently.

There is no ruling body above us (other than God).

2 hours ago, Scotty CTA said:

My non-denominational Bible-believing church (although part of a 'fellowship') functions independently.

There is no ruling body above us (other than God).

That's what I thought, even if I didnt express it very well. 👍

10 minutes ago, Maddog said:

Galatians 4:16 Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?

I am going to tell you the truth because these false teachers are going to be held responsible for the amount of souls they are sending the wrong way.    I don't want that to happen to you.

So which one of you is going to answer?  Did God have a dad?

1 hour ago, macy37 said:

As I’ve always said Scotland as s whole is alive with sectarianism. 

Congratulations for contributing to it.

You of all cunts pulling anyone up(wrongly) on what’s morally correct. What a fucking nerve you have.