Goat Hunting - Page 2 - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goat Hunting

22 minutes ago, ParisInAKilt said:

I hate to ask this but what’s the difference between a goat and a pig or a cow?

A pig is an omnivore for starters

2 hours ago, ParisInAKilt said:

Why the outrage? Is it the killing of the goat or how it was killed? Or the gloating of killing it?

That’s been the question I’ve asked all week. At least the goats weren’t jammed into a lorry, forced out of it into a big shed that smells of fear and blood and made to wait in line whilst watching their pals being slaughtered ahead of them. 

Mike Russell and Nicola Sturgeon can away and fecking swing with their mock outrage. Sort out electrocuting our sea life or our really fucking lax fox hunting laws. And what about our mountain hares,  oh that’s right they’ve not been on social media or the papers lately so fuck them. I know there are horrendous acts being carried out day out and day in to humans around the world and my attitude probably disgusts lots of people but I think the human race is on the whole cruel. Not the minority, maybe once upon a time but I think the bastards are in the majority now. A couple of generations from now, if we’ve not wiped ourselves out, so many animals we take for granted today will only be available to view in zoos or picture books. Mainly because wee fuckwits still believe rhino and elephant tusks can give/keep (or whatever the fuck they sell it as) erections. Stick a electric probe up your arse you barbaric wee fuds if it’s that important. And another reason Mike can away and swing is he’s one of the MSP’s that I’m sure have me labelled as stupid animal emailer and just replies to my emails and letters with generic missives that often don’t even relate to my original correspondence. Cnut. Greens are excellent and it sticks in my craw but there are 2 tories who have been excellent in not only their replies but their actions. 

Aw ffs my team win today, my rabbits are snuggled in with their heat pads and my dog is running in her sleep so I should be in my happy place but I’ve mentally dragged myself into a bad place. I’m away to look at exiles baby Caledonian tigers. 

It's not illegal on private property but quite frankly a cull should be done in a more controlled and humane way. 

Apparently she was boasting about stalking the goat for 2 days, so she must be a shite hunter. The buggers will eat out of your hand. 

14 hours ago, G-Man said:

Aw ffs my team win today, my rabbits are snuggled in with their heat pads and my dog is running in her sleep so I should be in my happy place but I’ve mentally dragged myself into a bad place. I’m away to look at exiles baby Caledonian tigers. 

The dug is dreaming about chasing and eating the rabbits. I think you are being cruel to the dug, teasing it with rabbits that it's not allowed to eat. It's unnatural.

7 minutes ago, phart said:

It's not a farming operation or population cull, it's 2 folk going about killing animals cause they enjoy doing it.

I'm puzzled by the puzzlement.

The puzzlement is, how come people get all het up about some cunts killing a goat for fun and enjoyment, yet don't seem to mind billions of animals being bred,enslaved and killed  in brutal conditions for the fun and enjoyment of eating them.

26 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

The puzzlement is, how come people get all het up about some cunts killing a goat for fun and enjoyment, yet don't seem to mind billions of animals being bred,enslaved and killed  in brutal conditions for the fun and enjoyment of eating them.

It's not a farming operation. I covered that above. If you want to have a discussion on the morals of the neolithic revolution i'll be quite happy to. I've read a few books on it this year.

18 minutes ago, phart said:

It's not a farming operation. I covered that above. If you want to have a discussion on the morals of the neolithic revolution i'll be quite happy to. I've read a few books on it this year.

No thanks. I'm happy enough with my previous post. G-Mans post prior to your question also covers what you asked.

Edited by Eisegerwind

3 minutes ago, Eisegerwind said:

No thanks. I'm happy enough with my previous post. G-Mans post prior to your question also covers what you asked.

What did i ask?

Can't see any questions? Are you just responding in a meme or something?

Edited by phart

Nobody farms "mountain hares, foxes, tigers and elephants" though it's irrelevant to my point.

Unlike some I did read and think about what was being written before i decided to write out my reply. Rather than get emotional and not even read what you're replying to and then have to write it out again cause it wasn't done correctly the first time.

Humans are easily the most cruel animal about, it's somewhat disturbing that this cruelty seems to be a function of intelligence. Ravens instigating cats to fight each other, Orca playing with seals before killing them for food , dolphins doing deliberate drownings etc. Enslaving animal for food isn't an objectively good thing to do, without it though we'd still be subsistence living as hunter gatherers though. The farming revolution allowed the beginning of settlement in human population the development of writing and astronomy, modern husbandry and selecting grains etc. It's the single keystone that out entire civilisation is built upon. For all the moralising i wouldn't want to click my fingers and live in a world without farming. 25 year life expectancy. infant mortality rates in the high 50% etc. Constantly on the move.

56 minutes ago, saintydave said:

If the population needs culled, for whatever reason, are we no as well to make some tourism money out of it at the same time? 

Who is this "we" though? I wouldn't mind if I was getting a share of it.;)

But most of the fees for this go to landowners who already have far more money than they are ever going to need. Tax them tae fuk. At least 80% should go in tax, and make sure the fukers pay it, as well. Tax dodging bassas.