Goat Hunting - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Goat Hunting

https://news.sky.com/story/tv-presenter-larysa-switlyk-sparks-anger-after-posing-with-dead-goats-in-scotland-11534428

WTF, why is this happening in Scotland.

These cunts should be let loose in Glasgow wearing the most offensive slogans they could, Id like to see how they like getting hunted and having the shit kicked out of them.

50 minutes ago, exile said:

Is it legal to kill wild goats? Where do you draw the line? Deer? Wildcats? Rabbits? Rats? Foxes? 

Unfortunately in a lot of cases it is

In this case the private owner of the land advertises with great glee for people to come and shoot for money

Then there is culling which is supposedly to be carried out professionally on the likes of deer

Nicola immediately said she would be reviewing these laws

Yes, it seems it takes a social media storm to get people to question how our land is managed and wildlife treated. 

I guess hunting foxes with dogs banned because of suffering. But hunting/killing not itself a crime. Being seen to enjoy it becomes a social media crime. 

4 hours ago, killiefaetheferry said:

If the hunting and shooting isn’t illegal, I’m pretty sure that kind of thing is mate. I sympathise, but even taking into consideration your Dons fan tendencies, I wouldn’t think you’d escape prosecution. 

🤣🤣🤣

😳

These feral goats on Islay have no natural predators (except humans) and if their numbers weren't controlled they would just breed like ....eh... goats, and take over the whole island destroying the natural habitat for our other natural species. Their numbers have to be controlled. What is the best way to do that, is what is debatable. 

Just wait until folk hear about what the are doing to the stoats on Orkney. ;)

It's always the cute ones that get the sympathy, and the attention of dandydunn.

6 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

These feral goats on Islay have no natural predators (except humans) and if their numbers weren't controlled they would just breed like ....eh... goats, and take over the whole island.

Sounds like some Hollywood B movie.  I went there a couple of years back but felt pretty safe.  I'll be careful in future😉

I'm not one to take sides, but some o' the bastirts tried to kill me. Wee babies too...  No kidding B)

Chucked boulders down on top of me on me from An Teallach.   Good camouflage an'aw.   Screw yer eyes up...

2wd1s7l.jpg

24mgky0.jpg

I'm not saying we should shoot them mind.   At least not for fun...

The goat numbers do need controlled through culling, like deer. But it's hardly a difficult hunt and rediculous to brag about - just seems a bit sick.

Saw wild goats on mull recently- walked right past them - about 50 yards away. The things are semi tame.