Livingston currently showing that three at the back CAN work - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Livingston currently showing that three at the back CAN work

Chripper

3 hours ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Putting the whole three at the back argument aside, would you agree that any success Livingston have had is due to the fact they play on  plasticine every second week?

You could certainly make an argument for it, especially with Kilmarnock doing so well, too.

I think the bigger reason is that Livingston have been playing the same system for 3/4 years and all the players know their job inside and out and because of things it's more down to muscle memory. People keep saying that it's different at club level, as you train more, but we were restively successful in the 90s with a three and yet none of the players played it at club level.

I'm no way saying that if we switched to a back three we'd transform overnight, because we wouldn't, but I would love for our manager to try it for a couple of years or so. I can't see it happening, though, even for another match.