Sportsound - Scotland Home Games - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Sportsound

killiefaetheferry

25 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Just about who said what about the Israel game team selection. Then it got really shouty and personal. If it was in a pub you'd expect one of them would be swinging punches. My money would be on Stewart. 

Last time I saw that was at a wedding (none of my family, mind). The bride was gettin' right stuck in 🔪

(OK, last bit's a lie.)

8 hours ago, kumnio said:

Listening to the podcast now, its quite embarrassing to be honest.

McFadden doesnt sound terribly intelligent, Stewart and English sound like they are nearly coming to blows.

Aye they name calling was cringey as fuck ! Stewart in particular was so close to swearing but managed to hold himself back and shouted that English was a ‘rude person !’ or something equally as polite when he obviously was on the verge of a more ‘industrial’ insult 😂

I like Michael Stewart.
Makes some great points - but then often go to far out of way to be controversial / pick argument.
He could pick a fight with a paper bag.

Diplomatically agreeing to disagree is far more dignified.
Faddy was hardly being antagonistic.

Edited by Haggis_trap

19 hours ago, kumnio said:

Listening to the podcast now, its quite embarrassing to be honest.

McFadden doesnt sound terribly intelligent, Stewart and English sound like they are nearly coming to blows.

Why exactly is he a member of the national team's coaching staff ? Quite often he just stands there looking lost.

Faddy is a big hero to us all but I don't think we should be employing him as a coach. Let him go and join a club team if he wants to be a coach.

I found it quite entertaining. Nothing wrong with a bit of passion,  there’s far too many clinical,  boring, respectful discussions. 

As far as embarrassment is concerned men have a long way to go.  It wasnt a patch on Loose Women .

Very entertaining episode but Tom English seemed to take the Kris Boyd angle by constantly interrupting and talking over people and I agree, Faddy doesn't add much to any debate nor does he add anything to the coaching staff

I listen to this pretty much every night as the Mrs works 6-8.30pm, so it's my football fix once I've fed the kids.

Tonight - total charlatans 😂. Money for old rope............apparently James Forrest is a ball carrier (fair point) .............he carries the ball 😂 - well thanks for this incisive description of a ball carrier 😂. (Kenny Miller). Also, it was news to him that Red Bull Leipzig had 5 ex-Red Bull Salzburg in their line-up in the game between the 2 teams. He was adamant that Celtic were facing a much better team tomorrow night and seemed shocked by the news that Salzburg had beat Leipzig ..................

They moved on to the Sevco game - he admitted he didn't "know much about Spartak" - turns out he didn't know anything about them other than educating me that it would be tough as there are no easy games in Europe. The presenter guy covered their managerial situation. Now I'm no fucking expert, and I'm not getting paid to be one, but over the last few days, just due to having a general interest in Scottish football, I've learned that Spartak have a well regarded young keeper at U21 level for Russia, a midfielder that played in the recent Russian side that did so well, and a Cape Verde forward who has scored a few recently. Patchy form but sitting seventh but only a point off second. No being funny but if a no mark like me knows a wee bit...........then is it too much to ask for the pundits to do a wee google and have a think before they trouser their fee ?