Anyone intending be to Berat? - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Anyone intending be to Berat?

tartanb

Berat Long shot, I know, but ...

Don’t want to be confined to Tirana for 3 days so I am going to take one of these day tours to Berat, which has go great reviews for a leisurely day out. I’m wanting to go on Friday 16th, the tours typically cost around £75 per person 9am to 6pm’ish I believe). Only issue is, all the tour companies insist you book a minimum of 2 people, so to travel solo the cost would double.

If anybody has either booked already, or is about to and I could tag on my booking with yours, please let me know. 

Was ‘t actually saying I would find Tirana boring, I just don’t want to be tied to the same place for 3 days. Of course we’ll get our little break to Shkoder for the game, but I’m not expecting to see too much of Albania on that particular bus outing. 

Like many of the seasoned TA travellers, I like to get as much as I can out of every trip, particularly when it’s a new country for me. I’ve been spoiled rotten this year with a 4 day trip to the Cusco region and Machu Picchu (wonder of the world) before the Peru game, a few days up at Queretaro (great place, was based there for the Germany game in 86) before the Mexico game, visiting the Chichen Itza pyramids the day afterwards (another wonder of the world). In Israel I made the 21 hour return bus trek to Petra in Jordan (yet another wonder of the world), the day before the game.

When Scotland get gubbed,  it’s nice at least to still have fond memories of your trip - Peru, Mexico and Israel are all a case in point, I really did enjoy these trips.

Albania will be my 49th different country in which I’ve seen Scotland play. You’ll perhaps understand why I might struggle a bit, if I was forced to spend a ‘whole’ 3 days in Tirana, with no wonders of the world nearby! (I’ve ruled out a quick dash over to Rome, I’ve already seen the Colosseum) 

I've 7 nights in Tirana + 3 in Shkodra and I'm not entirely sure what to expect or how I'll fill so many days in Tirana, but I'm looking forward to it immensely... 

I've an FK Partizani Tirana home match to look forward to on my first full day, so that's a good start...

Maybe Barney Rubble can give me some info on the club and their fans?

Hopefully they're not a bunch of right-wing bellends like Beitar Jerusalem were 🙂