Saudi - Anything Goes - Other topics not covered elsewhere - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Trump was very quick with attacking Turkey for holding Americans in prison  - he seems to be completely fucked with the assassination of Khashoggi. Comical they way he is reacting(shitting himself) to the Saudi situation. I'm guessing the Saudis get away with no repercussions much the same as any Israeli govt does. Money talks.

4 hours ago, irnbruman said:

Trump was very quick with attacking Turkey for holding Americans in prison  - he seems to be completely fucked with the assassination of Khashoggi. Comical they way he is reacting(shitting himself) to the Saudi situation. I'm guessing the Saudis get away with no repercussions much the same as any Israeli govt does. Money talks.

Aye, but it don’t sing and dance and it can’t walk. 

Edited by Ormond

I doubt there is a greater epitome of hypocrisy let alone fucking madness in the West's tolerance and weaponising of Saudia Arabia

ps - i read yesterday that Khashoggi fair enjoyed the beheading of people in certain circumstances

On 21 October 2018 at 1:14 AM, phart said:

As thplinth noted , contrast the reaction to this to the attempted killing of Skripal, and he was an ex-spook, not a journalist, although often they are both.

TBF, you could only draw a comparison between the reaction to Skripal and Khashoggi if he'd been chopped up in a park in Salisbury.  I doubt the UK government would have been that bothered if Skripal had been poisoned somewhere else in the world.

8 hours ago, aaid said:

TBF, you could only draw a comparison between the reaction to Skripal and Khashoggi if he'd been chopped up in a park in Salisbury.  I doubt the UK government would have been that bothered if Skripal had been poisoned somewhere else in the world.

I'm talking about the international sanctions, removal of diplomats etc. So the comparison i'm drawing is the response from say the US or urging others to impose sanctions. Which isn't happening in this case.

Your objection is without merit in this case.

44 minutes ago, phart said:

I'm talking about the international sanctions, removal of diplomats etc. So the comparison i'm drawing is the response from say the US or urging others to impose sanctions. Which isn't happening in this case.

Your objection is without merit in this case.

You might be better looking at other critics of Putin who've died in the UK in mysterious circumstances and look at the relative lack of action taken by the UK government against the Putin regime at the time and then consider what's different in the Skripal case. 

Once these Putin 'critics' have reached the end or their useful lives to the British they are it seems often killed in 'mysterious' circumstances (to blame Putin for silencing them). If I was traitor to Russia now living in the UK I'd be worried to fuck but it would not be fear of the Russians behind my worries. The Skripal thing was so clownish, so clumsy how on earth are more not starting to suspect this is all anti Russian bullshit. Litvenenko(sp?) was the most similar that comes to mind... plus others. I am not sure if it just opportunistic by the Uk 'security' services or fully managed, probably both but more the the former.

Interestingly and perhaps related it was the British services who colluded with the democrats to try to swing the US election to Hillary and not the Russians with Trump. So maybe we are seeing some desperate arse covering maneuvers here from these wanks with the frenzy of russia smearing going on in the UK these last few years especially.

Edited by thplinth

1 hour ago, aaid said:

You might be better looking at other critics of Putin who've died in the UK in mysterious circumstances and look at the relative lack of action taken by the UK government against the Putin regime at the time and then consider what's different in the Skripal case. 

Skripal never died mate. So why look at others who died? I thought you were trying to get like for like here?

I'm happy with making the comparison, if you're not then fair enough.

In fact i bet you i'm the only person on this site who has read cover to cover the litvinenko report.

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Once these Putin 'critics' have reached the end or their useful lives to the British they are it seems often killed in 'mysterious' circumstances (to blame Putin for silencing them). If I was traitor to Russia now living in the UK I'd be worried to fuck but it would not be fear of the Russians behind my worries. The Skripal thing was so clownish, so clumsy how on earth are more not starting to suspect this is all anti Russian bullshit. Litvenenko(sp?) was the most similar that comes to mind... plus others. I am not sure if it just opportunistic by the Uk 'security' services or fully managed, probably both but more the the former.

Interestingly and perhaps related it was the British services who colluded with the democrats to try to swing the US election to Hillary and not the Russians with Trump. So maybe we are seeing some desperate arse covering maneuvers here from these wanks with the frenzy of russia smearing going on in the UK these last few years especially.

Skripal worked for the guy who made the Trump Dossier. Christopher Steele and Pablo Miller. The report is thought after analysis to be written by an English speaking Russian with KGB ties, not a native English speaker.

Edited by phart

1 hour ago, thplinth said:

Hmmm one wonders why we aren't doing shit.

_103870071_chart-saudi_arms-mhhic-nc.png

BAE: secret papers reveal threats from Saudi prince

Spectre of ‘another 7/7’ led Tony Blair to block bribes inquiry, high court told

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2008/feb/15/bae.armstrade

11 minutes ago, aaid said:

Well that's me telt then. 

If you read it you'll see that the principal scientist (Female physicist) used all the way through the report is suddenly replaced by another one in the appendix cause the first scientist can't say with any confidence where the Polonium came from. So suddenly this other scientist is cited (Male physicist) and he says it defo came from Russia.

I'll feel no shame or social awkwardness for choosing to inform myself fully.

Reports now that they held Khashoggi down on a table, drugged him then dismembered him presumably while still alive and someone in Saudi watched it through Skype

hqdefault.jpg

5 hours ago, Ally Bongo said:

Reports now that they held Khashoggi down on a table, drugged him then dismembered him presumably while still alive and someone in Saudi watched it through Skype

hqdefault.jpg

No idea who the picture is, but yeah it's a nasty thing to think about. Our close ally as well. Another reason to get out this mental Political Union.

19 minutes ago, phart said:

No idea who the picture is, but yeah it's a nasty thing to think about. Our close ally as well. Another reason to get out this mental Political Union.

It's the symbol of the Jigsaw Killer from the Saw movies franchise

Interesting how there is (rightly) uproar by our various govts about ONE person killed by the Saudis, whilst perfectly happy to sell billions worth of weapons to them so they can kill many thousands of Yemenis.