McCann away - Page 2 - Football related - Discussion of non TA football - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

11 hours ago, RenfrewBlue said:

But he did dive and he is a cheat. That's an incontrovertible fact. 

And in my opinion he was looking for the penalty but thought better of appealing when there was no contact. 

Fact ? How about he anticipated contact and in trying to 'ride' the tackle, he tripped himself up ? That's not a deliberate dive, and it's not up to him to admit to no contact to the referee. 

31 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Fact ? How about he anticipated contact and in trying to 'ride' the tackle, he tripped himself up ? That's not a deliberate dive, and it's not up to him to admit to no contact to the referee. 

😂😂

you should be a politician, that's an absolutely fantastic way of saying he's a diving we shite

51 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

He didn't trip himself. Have a look at the video. He just dived. He didn't try and ride the tackle either. He just falls over. 

He anticipated contact but instead of avoiding it he just threw himself to the ground. 

It's called diving. 

Plenty of players do it, from lots of different clubs. It's still cheating and it was a really obvious example. 

The funniest thing about it anyone saying it wasn't. 

Still not as pathetic as Lafferty's pretend headbutt or old Boydies dive a few years back but right up there in the top 5.

14 minutes ago, RenfrewBlue said:

He didn't trip himself. Have a look at the video. He just dived. He didn't try and ride the tackle either. He just falls over. 

He anticipated contact but instead of avoiding it he just threw himself to the ground. 

It's called diving. 

Plenty of players do it, from lots of different clubs. It's still cheating and it was a really obvious example. 

Still not as pathetic as Lafferty's pretend headbutt or old Boydies dive a few years back but right up there in the top 5.

Reminds me a bit of Michael Stewart getting a penalty at Tynecastle against Aberdeen, only for the Assistant Referee to intervene.

Stewart said later he had anticipated there would be contact from Langfield...

This was one of two incidents which prompted ex-TAMBER Paddy Capri to phone Jim Traynor, almost in tears!

1 hour ago, RenfrewBlue said:

It's called diving. 

The man himself denies 'simulation'. From the Kilmarnock FC statement :

Jordan is adamant that he did not carry out an act of simulation, nor did he claim for a penalty kick or intend to deceive the referee.

I believe him, you don't - fair enough.

28 minutes ago, killiefaetheferry said:

Jordan is adamant that he did not carry out an act of simulation, nor did he claim for a penalty kick or intend to deceive the referee.

You're getting as bad as Scotty. Nobody believes that pile o shyte. Not even you.

1 hour ago, killiefaetheferry said:

He didn't appeal because he realised he'd made an arse of himself. 

He is a liar though. 

2 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

Reminds me a bit of Michael Stewart getting a penalty at Tynecastle against Aberdeen, only for the Assistant Referee to intervene.

Stewart said later he had anticipated there would be contact from Langfield...

This was one of two incidents which prompted ex-TAMBER Paddy Capri to phone Jim Traynor, almost in tears!

Phoning Jim Traynor would induce tears in many people. 😀 

4 hours ago, Cove_Sheep said:

To reach 100% if Dodds is appointed as his assistant?

Thankfully that idea has been put to bed, although McIntyre did want him, and he was interested.

If that jug eared bellend cunt of a twat came back to Dens, there would be protests, boycotts and walk outs galore. Without a doubt the most hated figure amongst Dundee supporters. Fuck him, and most likely his mate McIntyre soon enough.

32 minutes ago, kumnio said:

Thankfully that idea has been put to bed, although McIntyre did want him, and he was interested.

If that jug eared bellend cunt of a twat came back to Dens, there would be protests, boycotts and walk outs galore. Without a doubt the most hated figure amongst Dundee supporters. Fuck him, and most likely his mate McIntyre soon enough.

Not a fan of Dodds myself and get the hatred after the CVA thing, what I dont get is the Dees that seem to hold Marr and Bonetti as some sort of legends. Surely it was their fault, way more than anything Dodds did.

4 minutes ago, Jim Beem said:

Not a fan of Dodds myself and get the hatred after the CVA thing, what I dont get is the Dees that seem to hold Marr and Bonetti as some sort of legends. Surely it was their fault, way more than anything Dodds did.

Dodds is hated for several reasons, his media interviews, being very critical of the club, lied about the CVA, the CVA itself, his attitude towards fans during his time both playing against us, and while being at Dens. He is a thoroughly dis-likeable prick. Ive met him, and the whole BBC squad on several away games, most people like Willie Miller, Steven Thomson, Tam Cowan, Stuart Cosgrove etc were really nice people, Dodds wasnt, he didnt even speak to his colleagues, he just sat in the corner looking lost.

Bonetti cant be held responsible for the Marrs allowing the club to spend ridiculous money, plus he was bat shit crazy in an endearing way, so yes DFC fans do quite like him, great talent spotter, but as a manager he was pretty useless, we should have done much better with the talent we had back then. The Marrs fucked up, but it wasnt intentional, I dont think anyone really has a positive or negative opinion on them, if the club died and went into liquidation, the reaction would be quite different.

2 hours ago, kumnio said:

Bonetti cant be held responsible for the Marrs allowing the club to spend ridiculous money, plus he was bat shit crazy in an endearing way, so yes DFC fans do quite like him, great talent spotter, but as a manager he was pretty useless..

Talent spotter?

I think we all knew Claudio Canniggia and Fabrizio Ravanelli could play a bit.

:lol:

I’m not even a Dundee fan and I still need to pinch myself thinking about that era. Caniggia and Ravanelli playing for Dundee.

:shocked:

(to be fair, if he was behind guys like Speroni, Caballero, Sara, the Georgian defender that went to Rangers... I suppose he did actually have an eye for a player and IIRC Nacho Novo was Steve Archibald’s fault, so I’ll let him off on introducing him to Scottish football)

23 minutes ago, sbcmfc said:

Talent spotter?

I’m not even a Dundee fan and I still need to pinch myself thinking about that era. Caniggia and Ravanelli playing for Dundee.

(to be fair, if he was behind guys like Speroni, Caballero, Sara, the Georgian defender that went to Rangers... I suppose he did actually have an eye for a player and IIRC Nacho Novo was Steve Archibald’s fault, so I’ll let him off on introducing him to Scottish football)

The best out of the lot was Nemsadze. He was something else.

:(

Win ratios

Neil McCann 33.85%

Alan Archibald 33.6%

Hartley at Dundee 33%

Hartley at Falkirk 40%

Canning 25.15%  - And under absolutely no pressure from the board or the media

11 hours ago, sbcmfc said:

Talent spotter?

Shitebag.  You didn't even try and spell Kishn Khish Khiznas

Aye, good point!!

9 minutes ago, Fairbairn said:

Shitebag.  You didn't even try and spell Kishn Khish Khiznas

Aye, good point!!

I couldn’t even remember it, Kinkladze kept coming into my head, but yes, Zurab or the Georgian boy was as good as I’d manage on that one.

18 hours ago, kumnio said:

Dodds is hated for several reasons, his media interviews, being very critical of the club, lied about the CVA, the CVA itself, his attitude towards fans during his time both playing against us, and while being at Dens. He is a thoroughly dis-likeable prick. Ive met him, and the whole BBC squad on several away games, most people like Willie Miller, Steven Thomson, Tam Cowan, Stuart Cosgrove etc were really nice people, Dodds wasnt, he didnt even speak to his colleagues, he just sat in the corner looking lost.

Bonetti cant be held responsible for the Marrs allowing the club to spend ridiculous money, plus he was bat shit crazy in an endearing way, so yes DFC fans do quite like him, great talent spotter, but as a manager he was pretty useless, we should have done much better with the talent we had back then. The Marrs fucked up, but it wasnt intentional, I dont think anyone really has a positive or negative opinion on them, if the club died and went into liquidation, the reaction would be quite different.

Willie Miller is an utter cunt.