flights - Page 2 - Albania V Scotland - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

flights

Parsno1

On ‎10‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 11:17 AM, Scotland Ever More said:

Aye mine too, just wish we had a bit longer there and that it wasn't the early hours of the morning.

I was in Istanbul for a couple of days on the way to Tel Aviv. Its a stunning city but obviously if you are there in middle of night not so visible. Sultanahmet is something else and Taksim as well are main touristy bits - lots of restaurants but not many bars as such. I met McTeeko for a beer - shockingly expensive at £2 a pint - currency has been devalued and everything is dirt cheap. I did a lot of travelling on the different ferries across the Bosphorus as there are quite a few ports on the European and the Asian side.

Just now, irnbruman said:

I was in Istanbul for a couple of days on the way to Tel Aviv. Its a stunning city but obviously if you are there in middle of night not so visible. Sultanahmet is something else and Taksim as well are main touristy bits - lots of restaurants but not many bars as such. I met McTeeko for a beer - shockingly expensive at £2 a pint - currency has been devalued and everything is dirt cheap. I did a lot of travelling on the different ferries across the Bosphorus as there are quite a few ports on the European and the Asian side.

How far away from the centre is the airport, and how much we talking for a taxi roughly? I seen they run a bus regularly but with time being limited we'll probably get a taxi.

Would have liked to have visited one the stadiums as well but obviously not possible with the time I am there.

1 minute ago, Scotland Ever More said:

How far away from the centre is the airport, and how much we talking for a taxi roughly? I seen they run a bus regularly but with time being limited we'll probably get a taxi.

Would have liked to have visited one the stadiums as well but obviously not possible with the time I am there.

There's 2 airports - Ataturk and Sabiha Gokchen  - Ive only been at Sabiha - its about an hour on the bus to Taksim Square  - roughly 2 quid -they run every half hour but seems to be a break in the wee small hours - they are called Havabus - right outside airport but no tickets you just have to pile on the bus. Reading online taxi normally about 120TL which is about 15 quid  - traffic is mental though. The other airport Ataturk is closer  -same bus company Havabus says it takes around 40 mins. 

37 minutes ago, irnbruman said:

There's 2 airports - Ataturk and Sabiha Gokchen  - Ive only been at Sabiha - its about an hour on the bus to Taksim Square  - roughly 2 quid -they run every half hour but seems to be a break in the wee small hours - they are called Havabus - right outside airport but no tickets you just have to pile on the bus. Reading online taxi normally about 120TL which is about 15 quid  - traffic is mental though. The other airport Ataturk is closer  -same bus company Havabus says it takes around 40 mins. 

Thanks. It's Atatürk that we fly too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/20/2018 at 3:30 PM, andyfeliverpool said:

Anyone travelling from Manchester on Thursday via istanbul? 

Andy, I am going Manchester - Frankfurt - Tirana. I did look at Istanbul but decided to go withthe Germany option.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:48 PM, Dezz said:

There’s 3 of us flying out of Edinburgh to Brussels on the Thursday, then Tirana fri-mon, then back to Brussels for a day and return to edinburgh Tuesday. Anyone else going via Brussels? 

5ete are 5 of us now Edinburgh-Brussels-Venice on way out due to Ernest changing flight time almost 3hrs early meaning we would miss Edinburgh-Venice direct. Got about 4hr wait in Brussels.