Jensen Weir - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Jensen Weir

er yir macaroon

3 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

Chill out man.  Anyway, I am away to the hebs.  Good songs and singers.  Parkie, I don't condone anybody that does these things.  But have the heart to forgive people who make mistakes.  Try it.

I do forgive. However, when someone repeatedly performs the same actions, it goes from being a mistake to who they are as a person. 

Just now, Parklife said:

I do forgive. However, when someone repeatedly performs the same actions, it goes from being a mistake to who they are as a person. 

Mental illness is not good Parkie.  I go to see a ventriloquist every week.  Its not helping but I can talk for Scotland now.  Canny spell either 🤡.  Take care Parkie.  Going to hebs.

4 minutes ago, hampden_loon2878 said:

Unsure why rolling hills is getting a bit of a hammering, the tone of some of the comments are pretty low,  resorting to calling folk scum over trivial stuff related to football is a bit harsh,

I take you’ve not kept up with this? He’s a troll, his continuous crap about this place being anti rangers and Scotland fans being anti rangers is tiresome. I’m not surprised he’s receiving some flak for it. 

5 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Tell us some more about your 3-5-2. 

OK. Fine. You talk about a child (that might not even make it in professional football) and leave the less important stuff to everyone else: the SFA/SPFL, lack of a basic infrastructure, lack of unity between clubs and football associations, the lack of clear vision for Scottish football, etc.

This is thread epitomizes just how far we've fallen.

We used to produce players like Souness, Hansen, Dalglish, Johnstone, Cooper, Law, McQueen, Mackay, Baxter, etc. A virtual conveyer belt of superstars.

And now? Some of our fans are crying over the possibility of whether or not we've lost out on a 16 year old who may or may not have a professional career in football.

We really are at the bottom of the barrel, and there's not enough will for anything to change... ever. 

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

This is thread epitomizes just how far we've fallen.

We used to produce players like Souness, Hansen, Dalglish, Johnstone, Cooper, Law, McQueen, Mackay, Baxter, etc. A virtual conveyer belt of superstars.

And now? Some of our fans are crying over the possibility of whether or not we've lost out on a 16 year old who may or may not have a professional career in football.

We really are at the bottom of the barrel, and there's not enough will for anything to change... ever. 

All guys who learned their "Trade" on the streets, how many kids do you see playing Fitba like before, the afore mentioned guys played on Grass, tarmac, concrete, blaze etc. Learned how to control or trap a ball then turn and take on about 40 mates in the pishing rain.

Nowadays the precious darlings train indoor when its slightly spitting and need a wee cuddle when they fall over, or need a wee break to prevent "Burnout"

Edited by The White Ceelo

32 minutes ago, The White Ceelo said:

All guys who learned their "Trade" on the streets, how many kids do you see playing Fitba like before, the afore mentioned guys played on Grass, tarmac, concrete, blaze etc. Learned how to control or trap a ball then turn and take on about 40 mates in the pishing rain.

Nowadays the precious darlings train indoor when its slightly spitting and need a wee cuddle when they fall over, or need a wee break to prevent "Burnout"

That’s society in general all over the place now though. That’s not just exclusive to Scotland. 

7 hours ago, Ormond said:

That’s society in general all over the place now though. That’s not just exclusive to Scotland. 

I often thought that’s why we became shit in the 90s when all the kids started playing computer games in the 80s and why poorer countries caught up.  But doesn’t explain why other rich countries, eg Germany, England, nordics are good?  

1 hour ago, Malcolm said:

I often thought that’s why we became shit in the 90s when all the kids started playing computer games in the 80s and why poorer countries caught up.  But doesn’t explain why other rich countries, eg Germany, England, nordics are good?  

England/Germany have 10 times the population to start with.

England are able to pay for stuff like St Georges Park yet we've got next to fuck all.

2 hours ago, Malcolm said:

What Nordics are particularly good?

Iceland had a good couple of years but won't last.  Norway are pish.  Finland are pish.  Sweden and Denmark are ok, but that's all.

Northern Ireland, Ireland and Wales are occasionally marginally better than us, but it's marginally.  Wales are a one-man team.  Northern Ireland will be back in Pot 4 soon.  Ireland are as pish and unreliable as we are.

Belgium are a small country doing well, but even then they have double our population, a large population of second and third generation immigrants (also the backbone of the England and France teams) and even a better climate for playing outside.

Conclusion : should've stuck with Strachan.

The greater population = the greater at football myth has been debunked years ago.

Uruguay are half our size and yet they produce top players. No one can cite them having better weather as being the catalyst. We should have dozens of indoor facilities dotted around the country in order to combat the snow and ice. We don't.

Plus our basic football attitude is atrocious, it's along the lines of "Punt the ball as far up the park as you can, because the more you knock the ball aimlessly into the box, the more chances of scoring a goal". If we were the size of Brazil we'd still be abysmal.

1 hour ago, Chripper said:

The greater population = the greater at football myth has been debunked years ago.

Uruguay are half our size and yet they produce top players. No one can cite them having better weather as being the catalyst. We should have dozens of indoor facilities dotted around the country in order to combat the snow and ice. We don't.

Plus our basic football attitude is atrocious, it's along the lines of "Punt the ball as far up the park as you can, because the more you knock the ball aimlessly into the box, the more chances of scoring a goal". If we were the size of Brazil we'd still be abysmal.

agreed,

Its nothng to with population, xbox/playstation etc but everything to do with the way our game is run. Clueless leaders at the SFA and SPFL coupled every club thinking only of themselves = what we have now.

3 hours ago, adamntg said:

What Nordics are particularly good?

Iceland had a good couple of years but won't last.  Norway are pish.  Finland are pish.  Sweden and Denmark are ok, but that's all.

Northern Ireland, Ireland and Wales are occasionally marginally better than us, but it's marginally.  Wales are a one-man team.  Northern Ireland will be back in Pot 4 soon.  Ireland are as pish and unreliable as we are.

Belgium are a small country doing well, but even then they have double our population, a large population of second and third generation immigrants (also the backbone of the England and France teams) and even a better climate for playing outside.

Conclusion : should've stuck with Strachan.

Iceland - it may not last but they've been to a finals, lit the finals up and have been better than us

Norway - agreed

Finland - agreed

Sweden - been to a finals - better than us

Denmark - see Sweden

Northern Ireland - again, they may end up being pish again but at least they've done something of note with an arguably weaker squad than us

Wales - hard to disagree but they do have a couple of quality players who would walk into our team

Ireland - not the greatest but at least they went to a finals 

Conlusion - no chance I am agreeing with that. Strachans time was up