Portugal match thread - Page 6 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Portugal match thread

exile

1 hour ago, er yir macaroon said:

McGinn had a good game in the one i was watching. 

That's the one I was watching, looked far weaker after he went off.

Also  some other things I saw in the game I watched

Not much point going on about Hendry, he is our fourth choice centre half at best and there are 3 or 4 others that will pass him in the not so distant future.

Right back is still a massive problem, SOD is not good enough.

Armstrong won't get much game time at Southampton before he moves to some mid table championship team or back to Celtic.

Mckenna wont be at Aberdeen for much longer.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Not much point going on about Hendry, he is our fourth choice centre half at best and there are 3 or 4 others that will pass him in the not so distant future.

Armstrong won't get much game time at Southampton before he moves to some mid table championship team or back to Celtic.

Is Callum Paterson crocked just now? Could have been an option at right back. 

Plenty of positives tonight. No reason why we can’t get six points from our next two games. We’d have won comfortably on tonight’s performance. People slagging Hendry - he’ll have learned a lot and will come good, albeit Souttar and Porteous will be big competition. Armstrong made a difference. I’ve said before i’d have Tierney as DM. He’d have covered more ground than Shinnie for the third goal and would give cover for our very inexperienced defenders. Fraser and Griffiths would make a big difference and it has to be 4-5-1. 

6 minutes ago, Dandydon said:

Is Callum Paterson crocked just now? Could have been an option at right back. 

He's just back I think but his current manager says he is no right back despite him playing there for Hearts. Doesn't even play on the right anymore, central midfield.

Out of curiosity how good a defensive midfielder would McKenna make? I might be getting carried away with his ability but he looks like a player to me.

1 minute ago, ceudmilefailte said:

He's just back I think but his current manager says he is no right back despite him playing there for Hearts. Doesn't even play on the right anymore, central midfield.

Out of curiosity how good a defensive midfielder would McKenna make? I might be getting carried away with his ability but he looks like a player to me.

I think you are getting carried away.

Decent but not worth getting too excited about.

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

McKenna is a defender. We are going to struggle to replace Scott Brown from the current midfield pool - hopefully James McArthur makes a reappearance soon.

29 minutes ago, er yir macaroon said:

Plenty of positives tonight. No reason why we can’t get six points from our next two games. We’d have won comfortably on tonight’s performance. People slagging Hendry - he’ll have learned a lot and will come good, albeit Souttar and Porteous will be big competition. Armstrong made a difference. I’ve said before i’d have Tierney as DM. He’d have covered more ground than Shinnie for the third goal and would give cover for our very inexperienced defenders. Fraser and Griffiths would make a big difference and it has to be 4-5-1. 

Hendry come good??? He’s been pish all season so must be a slow learner.

Guest faircity
24 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Spoilsport, it's been a crap week.

He doesn't play for Celtic, you didn't expect a different answer from Reggi blinker did you?

Edited by faircity

47 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Sounds like I watched the same game as well.:ok:

McGinn is going to be our main man in midfield. I also like the look of McGregor.

McKenna looks like a good un. We need to build our defence round him. Pity he didn't score in the first half.

3 hours ago, Orraloon said:

McGinn is going to be our main man in midfield. 

He'll be really good once he realizes he can use his right foot too. He's almost literally getting himself in knots trying to keep the ball on his left foot.

5 hours ago, Hertsscot said:

McBurnie might be anonymous but with Griffiths injured we're not exactly flushed with alternatives. He works hard and I think he still come good with the right service.

Nah mate, he's no fit enough and Tierney is burnt oot.

Bet both are running aboot mad at the weekend tho against Hibs