Time for Eck to go already! - Page 3 - TA specific - Tartan Army Message Board Jump to content

Time for Eck to go already!

Tartan Shaun

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Utter pish from you. 

People don't like Boyd because he's hurt them on the football field even though he's a "fat Hun bastard" allegedly. 

Scored a rake of goals in the SPL and and great goals to games average for Scotland too. 

Yeah he's not the quickest but he knows where the back of the net is. 

As for his mouth he's called it correctly on numerous topics despite being ridiculed at the time. 

Cathro at Hearts, Aberdeen players only in a squad for a Pittodrie international. 

We'll see if he's right on the split in Celtics dressing room. From what I hear from Celtic fans he's bang on. 

If you've got a fuck wit of a manager like Burley then why work for him? 

At least he wasn't associated with all the shite that followed under Burley. 

I get you don't like him and a lot of people don't, but don't ignore facts. 

good post pal. Unfortumately the hatred for rangers on here superceeds that. Boyd played for rangers and that is all that matters. Mcleish is a national hero who won league after league with the dons. As well as europe. But no. He managed rangers so he is the devil reinm canny spell that. Butbu know what i mean. Bile.

1 hour ago, stewarty66 said:

Utter pish from you. 

People don't like Boyd because he's hurt them on the football field even though he's a "fat Hun bastard" allegedly. 

Scored a rake of goals in the SPL and and great goals to games average for Scotland too. 

Yeah he's not the quickest but he knows where the back of the net is. 

As for his mouth he's called it correctly on numerous topics despite being ridiculed at the time. 

Cathro at Hearts, Aberdeen players only in a squad for a Pittodrie international. 

We'll see if he's right on the split in Celtics dressing room. From what I hear from Celtic fans he's bang on. 

If you've got a fuck wit of a manager like Burley then why work for him? 

At least he wasn't associated with all the shite that followed under Burley. 

I get you don't like him and a lot of people don't, but don't ignore facts. 

I’m not ignoring facts, you’ve presented stuff as fact when it’s not and you’ve ignored some utter nonsense he’s spouted too, like his recent ramblings about Aberdeen fans.

youve no way of knowing why those Aberdeen players were picked for that pittodrie game so that’s not a fact. If they were picked for the pittodrie game only, why is Shinnie still being picked or McKenna?

Boyd spouts opinions not facts and he does it to get a reaction, he’s just like Chris Sutton. They both think they’re calling it as it is but they’re not! 

Id never doubt or criticise boyds ability to hit the back of the net, I was in the camp that wanted him playing for us but I will criticise his attitude under burley. 

Why play for a manager like burley? You don’t, you play for your country and you give everything you’ve got for it. It’s not about money, your club or the manager it’s about you’re country. This is something that’s some gotten completely lost among players and the fans over that the last twenty years.

By taking the huff these players disrespected the national team and it’s fans who pay a lot of money to travel far and wide supporting Scotland. 

26 minutes ago, Rolling hIlls said:

good post pal. Unfortumately the hatred for rangers on here superceeds that. Boyd played for rangers and that is all that matters. Mcleish is a national hero who won league after league with the dons. As well as europe. But no. He managed rangers so he is the devil reinm canny spell that. Butbu know what i mean. Bile.

McLeish absolutely ruined Motherwell so that's why I dislike him.

Let's deal in facts though as to why people don't like McLeish.  He's ultimately failed at every job he's had since being Scotland manager in 2007. 

Less than a year in charge of Scotland and fucked off at the first decent offer.

Birmingham City - Relegated them and they're still there.

Aston Villa - Sacked after an abject season.

Forest - Binned after 7 games and 1 win.

Genk - Sacked after an average season.

Zamalek - Almost started another Arab Spring at Zamalek. 

He was without doubt the luckiest Rangers manager in living memory.  

McLeish is a footballing dinosaur and a perfect fit for a prehistoric Football Association.  

As much as some Rangers fans love to play the victim card at every and any opportunity, the flak that McLeish is getting has nothing to do with him being an ex Rangers manager.  The fact anyone is suggesting it says more about the extremely paranoid, siege mentality the more mentally unstable Rangers fans have than any underlying hatred for a guy that left Rangers over a decade ago.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

7 minutes ago, BremnerLorimerGray said:

McLeish absolutely ruined Motherwell so that's why I dislike him.

Let's deal in facts though as to why people don't like McLeish.  He's ultimately failed at every job he's had since being Scotland manager in 2007. 

Less than a year in charge of Scotland and fucked off at the first decent offer.

Birmingham City - Relegated them and they're still there.

Aston Villa - Sacked after an abject season.

Forest - Binned after 7 games and 1 win.

Genk - Sacked after an average season.

Zamalek - Almost started another Arab Spring at Zamalek. 

He was without doubt the luckiest Rangers manager in living memory.  

McLeish is a footballing dinosaur and a perfect fit for a prehistoric Football Association.  

As much as some Rangers fans love to play the victim card at every and any opportunity, the flak that McLeish is getting has nothing to do with him being an ex Rangers manager.  The fact anyone is suggesting it says more about the extremely paranoid, siege mentality the more mentally unstable Rangers fans have than any underlying hatred for a guy that left Rangers over a decade ago.

Thanks for quoting the village idiot. 

I don’t hate McLeish despite him managing Aberdeen’s biggest and most hated rivals. He was part of the most successful period in Aberdeen history and one of the greatest moments in Scottish football history. 

I really want him to succeed but I didn’t want him to be given the job in the first place. 

The village idiot believes what he reads on rangers forums about us and this place being a place tohate rangers and anything associated with rangers, he’s an absolute moron.

25 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

I’m not ignoring facts, you’ve presented stuff as fact when it’s not and you’ve ignored some utter nonsense he’s spouted too, like his recent ramblings about Aberdeen fans.

youve no way of knowing why those Aberdeen players were picked for that pittodrie game so that’s not a fact. If they were picked for the pittodrie game only, why is Shinnie still being picked or McKenna?

Boyd spouts opinions not facts and he does it to get a reaction, he’s just like Chris Sutton. They both think they’re calling it as it is but they’re not! 

Id never doubt or criticise boyds ability to hit the back of the net, I was in the camp that wanted him playing for us but I will criticise his attitude under burley. 

Why play for a manager like burley? You don’t, you play for your country and you give everything you’ve got for it. It’s not about money, your club or the manager it’s about you’re country. This is something that’s some gotten completely lost among players and the fans over that the last twenty years.

By taking the huff these players disrespected the national team and it’s fans who pay a lot of money to travel far and wide supporting Scotland. 

You stick to listening to Willie Miller and Richard Gordon then. 

As for Aberdeen fans. 

I had a lot of time for them, but their antics post match at Rugby Park last season, after the cup replay, were a disgrace outside the ground. 

Shower of shite. 

Just now, stewarty66 said:

You stick to listening to Willie Miller and Richard Gordon then. 

As for Aberdeen fans. 

I had a lot of time for them, but their antics post match at Rugby Park last season, after the cup replay, were a disgrace outside the ground. 

Shower of shite. 

Listening to willie miller and Richard Gordon? What’s that got to do with anything?

what happened at rugby park? 

Are you tarring a whole support with the same brush because of the actions Of a few people? If we all did that I’d have to stop talking to some of my best mates because they are huns.

Just to expand on McLeish the dinosaur and being a perfect fit for a prehistoric Football Association. 

Upon leaving Forest, his last legitimate chance of decent level management was finished.  His most recent long term job lasted a year and that ended in 2012.  He was out of work and out of football for a reason until his pal fast tracked him into a job (whilst we had no CEO to object) he had no right to be considered for.  He seems to have zero idea of tactics, little knowledge of his players and importantly, little knowledge of the opposition.  No one was prepared to give him a job in football until the fucking SFA had been fucked off by their only 2 targets.  It's cronyism in its finest form.

Edited by BremnerLorimerGray

17 minutes ago, vanderark14 said:

Listening to willie miller and Richard Gordon? What’s that got to do with anything?

what happened at rugby park? 

Are you tarring a whole support with the same brush because of the actions Of a few people? If we all did that I’d have to stop talking to some of my best mates because they are huns.

Miller and Gordon fit your cosy pro Aberdeen stance. 

At RP in March Dons fans were openly goading older Killie fans leaving the Rugby Road end. 

I'm talking Killie fans some of whom were OAPs. 

As I said shower of shite. 

1 hour ago, Orraloon said:

Georgia are heading for the play offs. Slovenia are heading for relegation. I think Georgia could be overtaking them in the rankings soon.

Slovenia are currently ranked 41 places higher than Georgia. I doubt Georgia  beating the shite teams in League D will get them enough points to catch Slovenia. 

Anyway, my point was Georgia were ranked around 130th when they beat us a couple of years ago. Israel are 95th at the moment so the Georgia game was technically a bigger shock than Thursday’s game. It didn’t seem it at the time as Georgia had beaten us 8 years earlier. 

3 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

Slovenia are currently ranked 41 places higher than Georgia. I doubt Georgia  beating the shite teams in League D will get them enough points to catch Slovenia. 

Anyway, my point was Georgia were ranked around 130th when they beat us a couple of years ago. Israel are 95th at the moment so the Georgia game was technically a bigger shock than Thursday’s game. It didn’t seem it at the time as Georgia had beaten us 8 years earlier. 

Your missing the point. Bad as we were against Georgia, Israel was as far as I am concerned our worst performance ever

20 minutes ago, stewarty66 said:

Miller and Gordon fit your cosy pro Aberdeen stance. 

At RP in March Dons fans were openly goading older Killie fans leaving the Rugby Road end. 

I'm talking Killie fans some of whom were OAPs. 

As I said shower of shite. 

You’ve completely lost the plot here, my stance has noting to do with Aberdeen FC. Miller is often Aberdeen’s biggest critic so again you’re talking pish

So some dons fan act like utter cunts you’ve tarred us all with the same brush? To be honest it’s you whos come across as the shower of shite here

3 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

Your missing the point. Bad as we were against Georgia, Israel was as far as I am concerned our worst performance ever

Exactly this.

Worse than Macedonia.

Worse than Prague.

Worse than both Georgia games.

Thursday night was clueless, gutless and heartless in a manner that I have never witnessed before, and I attended all of the above debacles.

4 minutes ago, Orraloon said:

If we are going to go back and dig out all of Scotland's really, really pish performances, we could be here for a while.:lol:

Despite winning, Liechtenstein at home was one of the worst performances I can remember 

4 minutes ago, ceudmilefailte said:

That’s debatable. 

We didn’t have a shot on target against Georgia. 

It was a similar standard of performance. Israel looked more dangerous than Georgia but then they are ranked around 40 places higher than Georgia were at the time so that’s understandable. 

Don't get me wrong, Thursday’s match was an awful performance and one of the worst I’ve seen. Was it worse than Tbilisi 2015? I’m not sure. 

The Georgia match was a must win, crunch qualifier that would have gotten us at least a playoff if we had won it. 

The Israel match was fairly inconsequential in comparison. Defeat hasn’t really changed anything. To win the group we were always going to have to avoid defeat in Albania and beat Israel at Hampden. This is still the case. 

18 hours ago, McTeeko said:

I still have this wee thing in my heid that Slaven Bilic would be a total cult hero for the TA......

Was my number one choice too. I’d have him tomorrow.

And for those saying he did a poor job at West Ham, in actual fact statistically he was their best ever premier league manager. And towards the end of his tenure West Ham’s problems ran way deeper than whoever was manager.

Just now, DaveyDenoon said:

Was my number one choice too. I’d have him tomorrow.

And for those saying he did a poor job at West Ham, in actual fact statistically he was their best ever premier league manager. And towards the end of his tenure West Ham’s problems ran way deeper than whoever was manager.

Agree, I’d love Bilic in charge. 

He fits my criteria of not being another useless has been Scottish fucker. 

39 minutes ago, Texas Pete said:

That’s debatable. 

We didn’t have a shot on target against Georgia. 

It was a similar standard of performance. Israel looked more dangerous than Georgia but then they are ranked around 40 places higher than Georgia were at the time so that’s understandable. 

Don't get me wrong, Thursday’s match was an awful performance and one of the worst I’ve seen. Was it worse than Tbilisi 2015? I’m not sure. 

The Georgia match was a must win, crunch qualifier that would have gotten us at least a playoff if we had won it. 

The Israel match was fairly inconsequential in comparison. Defeat hasn’t really changed anything. To win the group we were always going to have to avoid defeat in Albania and beat Israel at Hampden. This is still the case. 

There were no play-offs that year. Top two qualified.